TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Grunt Texture Pack ( NewDark )

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
    These are amazing!
    A dumb question: How do you use these with regular Thief 2?
    The PNG format will only work with the New Dark. Version 1.19

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post

I hope you are all enjoying the Holidays!
    This PNG pack concludes a re-working of Independent Thief's awesome Mech AI pack (download it HERE). I've re-done the Mech soldiers that I had previously released, fixing some issues with shoulders and back, they're all included again (sorry).
    Anyway, I hope you enjoy them.

ZB, a little more shiny was exactly the look I was going for.

MechPack.zip
    Thankyou Purgator and Independent Thief for the Mech skins too! I installed them and they look fantastic !
    Last edited by darthsLair; 2nd Jan 2013 at 10:26.

Hello everyone, I've sent my Black Dog back to the kennels (he always turns up at Xmas, stupid mutt) hope you had a cool Yule and a simply spiffing New Year, What Ho! Thanks for all your kind comments. darthsLair, we are thinking of you, all our best wishes and support are heading your way.
    Anyhoo another Grunt pack with Cops.
    Contents: Lots of skins.
    Still working on the Ancient Mechanists BTW.
    GRFarc01, GRFarc02, arcswd08 and arcswd09 are skins for model ArhSwd01.
    GRFgar01-08 for SWGard02.

NewGrunts.zip
    Link Fixed.
    Last edited by Purgator; 16th May 2016 at 19:05. Reason: I'm thick.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    The PNG format will only work with the New Dark. Version 1.19
    Okay, I thought so, which is fine I have 1.19 installed and working, how do I install them though.
    Do I drop them into a special folder? Do I have to edit the install.cfg file? I'm sorry for the dumb question but I'm not very good at these things.

Thanks master!

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
    Okay, I thought so, which is fine I have 1.19 installed and working, how do I install them though.
    Do I drop them into a special folder? Do I have to edit the install.cfg file? I'm sorry for the dumb question but I'm not very good at these things.
    It's simple: if the .bin and . cal files are not included, just copy the skin image files (png) into your Thief2/Mesh/TXT16 directory, create a corresponding character in dromed, and add Renderer - MeshTextures:

The first line must be the original skin name from the original AI model, the second line will be the new skin name.

For the models with .bin and .cal included in the pack just copy them into Mesh (and into TXT16 the corresponding skin), and add Shape - ModelName in dromed.

I'm working on a small demo including all of these new skins, I'll host it when will be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Thanks master!

It's simple: if the .bin and . cal files are not included, just copy the skin image files (png) into your Thief2/Mesh/TXT16 directory, create a corresponding character in dromed, and add Renderer - MeshTextures:

The first line must be the original skin name from the original AI model, the second line will be the new skin name.

For the models with .bin and .cal included in the pack just copy them into Mesh (and into TXT16 the corresponding skin), and add Shape - ModelName in dromed.

I'm working on a small demo including all of these new skins, I'll host it when will be ready.

Sensut you have explained that far better than I could have ever attempted. It is a simple process, but if I had to run through it, I'm sure I would have stuffed it up.
    A demo would be fantastic. I've tried to put one together myself but, that's a another story (Dromed hates me).
    I have a couple of FM's of my own that mock me every time I attempt to complete them. One day.

HERE IS A LITTLE DEMO (74,5 MB), that I made for myself and contains all of your (Purgator) skins so far, it's useful when you want to choose them for a mission. I tried to find a suitable AI model for each skin but you can continue to play with them . Used all of the models from your packages and added a few custom models by Targa, TDBonko, R Soul and DEDX (see credits). All of the other models are stock models, check the in-world properties of the characters for the settings. The demo can be expanded by anyone with the upcoming skins. It's only for Dromed2 and NewDark! May falter because of the too many AI's! I hope you find it useful.
    Last edited by Sensut; 24th Mar 2013 at 06:05. Reason: link change

Clearinghouse

Thanks Sensut, that's fantastic!
    Thanks clearing, I appreciate that a lot!

Thanks for the demo Sensut, I have really enjoyed these new models, they are great. So I compliment all the people who have worked on this.

But I can see the servant models? Or maybe have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by wdog View Post
    Thanks for the demo Sensut, I have really enjoyed these new models, they are great. So I compliment all the people who have worked on this.

But I can see the servant models? Or maybe have I missed something?
    As I know there are only 3 servant models yet, among the nobles (Aristo) in the left back corner, a female and 2 males. Or I have missed something?

Oh yes, you're right . I was confused because I didn't see the two servants on the right: http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/Servant?...2_Servants.jpg

Again,it's a very good job. I will try no to install them .

Edit: Is it a simple way to install the pack (maybe include it in tafferpatcher or something....) because dromed is like chinese to me.
    Last edited by wdog; 25th Jan 2013 at 07:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    As I know there are only 3 servant models yet, among the nobles (Aristo) in the left back corner, a female and 2 males. Or I have missed something?
    Actually I've made hardly any servants, just two. There's a male servant skin in the original Grunt pack, and a housekeeper in the Victorian pack. I will have to get cracking on some more right away.
    Sensut, thanks again for the demo. BTW the last Mech Pack has the revised Mechanist Trooper Skins, the shoulders
    and back drapery were reworked, I wasn't happy with ones I had released earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Actually I've made hardly any servants, just two. There's a male servant skin in the original Grunt pack, and a housekeeper in the Victorian pack. I will have to get cracking on some more right away.
    Sensut, thanks again for the demo. BTW the last Mech Pack has the revised Mechanist Trooper Skins, the shoulders
    and back drapery were reworked, I wasn't happy with ones I had released earlier.
    Yes, I noticed the similarity. But I missed something really : the unarmed Mechanists from Mech pack 1 (priests, novices etc.) are missing from the demo! My dump head. Everybody, don't forget them. I'll reload the demo when new skins will be.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    By the way, most of the original links to file sharing sites are expired or unavailable. Luckily, clearing has them all archived: http://darkfate.org/view/details/fil...t_texture_pack
    Thanks as always, Andrey!

Purgator, any new packs in the works? These are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    By the way, most of the original links to file sharing sites are expired or unavailable. Luckily, clearing has them all archived: http://darkfate.org/view/details/fil...t_texture_pack
    Thanks as always, Andrey!

Purgator, any new packs in the works? These are amazing!
    Thanks Yandros. I wasn't aware the links had expired, sorry. Yep, clearing has 'em all on darkfate, so that's the place to go.
    Been having some real problems with my Thief installs of late, it's like they're conspiring against me and everything I do that has worked in the past (I've been plodding away for the last 13 years on Dromed) just isn't working now. I'm sifting through posts at the minute looking for tips, and I'm getting there, slowly. I have a few new skins in the pipe line also I had been trying my hand at a couple of textures for the EP but I will be posting new skins soon.
    I love Dromed, but I've always felt like I'm playing a Grand piano with concrete gloves on. Yeah sure, I can make sounds but is it music?
    Edit: Links on the posts should work now.
    Last edited by Purgator; 10th Mar 2013 at 12:31.

Bump.

Not a huge pack by any stretch of the imagination, but just a little something to be getting on with.
    Contents:
    Three Noblemen
    Two Noblewomen
    One Innkeeper, barman or scruffy cellarman.
    Models are included. Throne and Fop models are by Ottoj55 (renamed long robed noble model and nobleman model); Noblewomen, NewNob and Innkeep are by LGS (skins by Purgator).
    I hope you enjoy them.
    Nobs2.zip
    Missing skin included.
    Last edited by Purgator; 16th May 2016 at 18:29.

Super awesome, Purg...

Wow!...Lots of great work...

Sorry I haven't been around more, my friend...I've been fighting the good fight, over on the T4 forum.

I just now saw these. Thanks Purgator!!

Guess what? Yep, I forgot to include this skin in my pack. Now there is a surprise! If you've downloaded the pack just grab this dude and place him in your txt16 folder.
    Hey Vae, good to hear from you buddy!! Glad you like the skins.
    john9818a, thanks, hope you enjoy them!
    Edit: fixed original pack to include missing skin.
    Last edited by Purgator; 28th Apr 2013 at 05:55.

An even smaller pack. Just skins this time.
    Contents:
    2 UnDead Soldiers (ArhSwd01).
    2 UnDead Archers (Archer01).
    Create Haunts for the Soldiers and change the models to ArhSWd01. Change the ArhSwd01.gif to arcZom03 or '04.
    Create a Bowman. Change the archer01.gif to arcZomd01 or arcZom02. You will have to fiddle about with Voice and Team affiliation to make him more undead like: vhaunt, Team Bad 5, etc.
    Have fun.
    UnDeadGrunts.zip
    Last edited by Purgator; 16th May 2016 at 18:31.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Nice work as always, Purgator! Your red guards looks great in Cell 6, too.

Good combo!...

Those undead grunts look great! However, their weapons look a bit shiny and clean to me. I think it could be improved if their swords were rusted or black and their bows look gnarled and warped.

But the skins themselves look absolutely great!
    Excellent work as always!

Thanks guys! The Bowmens bows are meant to be bleached bone ( Burrick ribs? ) a bit cheesy I suppose. Yeah, I may fiddle with the swords again as they could be a little more worn out. You're free to chop n' change these or any of the skin packs to suit your needs for your missions, it's all part of the fun. I'd love to see some mashups in future FM's!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast