TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Halloween Contest 2012 - Entry Submissions and Voting

Halloween Contest 2012 - Entry Submissions and Voting

Just in case there's anyone who doesn't know already, Halloween is being extended this year because of the introduction of the new patch. Below are the details for submitting entries and for voting. And we would ask everyone who plays the missions to show their appreciation by voting - it's quick to do and rewards the mission author's hard work.

Entries
    Entries for the contest should be submitted to thiefmissions.com either via the upload page here or send a PM to epithumia or Al_B with a link to where you've uploaded the mission. TTLG will announce each mission submitted which will have its own thread containing the download link and any information provided and should be used for any questions or help needed. If they haven't already done so, would authors also send the text they would like to appear in their announcement thread, to either epithumia, Al_B, nickie, Nightwalker or Tannar.

Important: When sending your details, would authors also make it clear which version your mission is for. It would be preferable to have this information in your mission announcement thread.

Start date for submission is 31st October. Final date for submission will be 30th November - but the sooner the better to give people more time to vote for your mission!

Voting
    Each member will get a vote for each mission in the following categories:

• Gameplay and Enjoyment
    • Story and Plot
    • Use of Audio
    • Objects and Textures

The score in each category will be added together to give an overall score for that mission. It is not necessary to vote for every mission but it is recommended that you do so, if possible, in order to give the fairest chance to the competition entrants. The overall winner of the contest will be the entry receiving the highest total score from all members.

Each mission should be rated in each category, scores range from 1 (lowest) and 5 (highest) Remember that scores are ratings, not rankings, so multiple missions may be graded identically. If that all sounds too much like hard work, there is an opportunity to give a simple numerical score instead.

Voting will start after the first mission has been successfully submitted. Players can review and change their ratings at any time until two weeks after the submission deadline after which point (December 14th) voting will be closed and the results counted and announced.

Cast your votes here (Halloween 2012 Voting)

If you would like to comment on individual missions, you can use the comments box in the voting panel. Alternatively, feel free to pm Nightwalker, nickie or Tannar. Comments will be posted after voting has closed.

List of Prizes
    Thanks to the very kind donations by darthsLair, epithumia and Lord Soth we have the following prizes on offer:
    • Three Thief Mugs - donated by Lord Soth
    • Thief Deadly Shadows pc game - donated by darthsLair
    • Hitman Blood Money pc game - donated by darthsLair
    • $50 and $25 amazon gift cards (or equivalent in local currency) purchased from the regional Amazon store of the prize winner's choice - donated by epithumia
    • Gift code for a copy of any Thief game from GOG also donated by epithumia.

I'm sure you'll agree that the prizes are very generous and are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by nickie; 1st Dec 2012 at 05:40.

Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - Tell-Tale Heart

Mission Name: 'Tell-Tale Heart'
    Author: darthsLair
    Download Link(s): Thiefmissions
    Discussion Thread: Halloween Contest Entry-Tell Tale Heart-V.1.19-Nov/2/2012

Intro:
    It is Hallows Eve, and while the Trick or Treaters are keeping the City Watch busy, I thought I would spend some time in the old Industrial area just outside the city. Basso and Jenivere are to meet me behind the old Trumble house, as they are casing some work for me. Should be a quiet evening, and the only guards close by won't be watching. The rent is due, and you never know, I may just have a few tricks for tonight myself as the rent is due in a couple of days. Trick or Treat!

Remember to vote after playing
    Last edited by epithumia; 2nd Nov 2012 at 17:09. Reason: Remove google docs link

Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - EVIL THIEVERY

Mission Name: 'EVIL THIEVERY'
    Author: Anonymous Author
    Download Link(s): Mediafire
    Discussion Thread: Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - EVIL THIEVERY

Intro:
    A night in the quarter of LightStone, a guard named Bredon has discovered a secret vault that contains a treasure researched by all the fences in the city: the "Shining Strangeness". Because the manor which hides this secret vault is small, a great rush occured among the thieves. Garrett, the master thief, wants to steal this object before the other thieves.

Information: This is a 1.18 version without EAX rooms. In English AND en français!
    For more information, look at the Readme!

Last edited by nickie; 13th Nov 2012 at 10:01.

Administrator
    Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - A Better Tomorrow

Mission Name: 'A Better Tomorrow'
    Author: DrK
    Download Link(s): Mediafire
    Discussion Thread: Halloween Contest 2012 - A Better Tomorrow

Intro:
    It all started a few days ago. They said it was a plague devastating the land, but it was something else, something worse... The City as I knew it, is no more.
    My plan is to reach the Mechanist complex on Markham's Isle, it should be safe there. But one of these things has cornered me in this room. It knows I'm here, waiting patiently for me to move.
    Greenbay Quarter is nearby, and I need to find food and water. I've got no options left. All I can do for now is find my way out, and hope for a better tomorrow...

Updated prizes to include a 2nd Thief Mug from Lord Soth - thank you very much!

Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - Unknown Danger

Mission Name: 'Unknown Danger'
    Author: Anonymous
    Download Link(s):Upload.net Please note that the link is the small download link just above Tipp Smartphone Billig!

Discussion Thread: Halloween Contest 2012 - Unknown Danger
    Intro:
    You wake up in an old, for you, unknown place that seems to be abandoned. You don't know what's up, you were probably left for a while during an evacuation or so it would seem. Suddenly you remember bad things. Really bad things. You need to get out..... Alive...
    This place isn't safe anymore...

Remember to vote after playing.
    Last edited by nickie; 29th Nov 2012 at 17:03.

I would also like to announce that Lord Soth has very kindly donated a 3rd Thief Mug so the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed winners will have a choice, in order, of a Thief 1, Thief 2 or Thief 3 mug.

Administrator

Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - I Have A Bad Feeling About This

Mission Name: 'I Have A Bad Feeling About This'

A post from the author, SneaksieGarrett:

Revealing the author and formally withdrawing from the contest

In light of the comments received and the advice I've been given, I am withdrawing from the contest. Yes, I am the 'anonymous' author of this mission, which I am sure a few of you already knew, excluding the moderators. (Namely, Brethren knew.) I was going to wait until voting closed, but in light of everything I thought it best to reveal myself now and end this once and for all.

First of all, I apologize whole-heartedly if I 'insulted' anyone, as I did not intend to do anything of the sort. I also wasn't trying to 'troll' anyone either. I made a big mistake entering this contest. Not that it matters to anyone who's played it already, but I did join the contest late. I made some mistakes, such as calling it "I Have A Bad Feeling About this," which apparently caused everyone to assume it was going to be this massively reworked mission. I should have known better, but it didn't occur to me until after the comments had been made. I never meant to trick, fool, or troll anyone.

In addition, I did have it beta-tested, BUT I did not have the Release Version tested. That was a big mistake, but it was a risk I had to take to make the November 30th deadline in time. I was determined to get it in on time, but in the end I failed. I even screwed up the patch. I've learned some lessons here. For starters, people don't take too kindly to reworked OMs, unless it's changed in a very significant manner. I completely understand that from a creative standpoint now, but from my perspective, I felt like it was the 'safe' thing to do considering I entered the contest late and it was entirely within the rules to modify an OM rather than start from scratch. I realize now that what I did would have been better as a standalone release and with a different name, such as Halloween Ambush!
    Last edited by nickie; 3rd Dec 2012 at 17:05.

Updated first post to include a third Thief Mug donated by Lord Soth. We now have one mug for each of the three games.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    We now have one mug for each of the three games.
    What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    What does that mean?
    It means that in the prize pool there is a TDP mug, a TMA mug and a TDS mug.