TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - EVIL THIEVERY

Finished! I have to say, I think I may be one of the few who didn't think there were too many enemies and was not bothered by the lack of supplies needed in killing them--I found most of them easy to sneak past. I did have some issues with other aspects of the game, but overall I really enjoyed it and found it engaging and really creepy. I think the sewers were my favorite creepy part. I kept expecting something to jump out at me at every tight corner I turned.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    I must be missing something very obvious:
    spoiler:
    I found the vault and I am in possession of Friend Steven's Key. But I can't unlock several doors and I can't open the vault. I tried both dates mentioned in the diary next to the moneybox on the 2nd floor (2601 & 3010) but they don't seem to be the right combinations.
    I'm really stuck in the mansion at start, please help. I have Gamlet's Key, The Vault Key, read the diary in lady Alienors room, but still cannot open the door on basement level nor the door to the outside.

Also assuming I obtained the right code/combination, where can I insert this code, I can't find any place, slot, object asking me for a combination.

thank you fellow taffers

Shopliftersunite:

Frob the lamp on the west wall of the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Shopliftersunite:

Frob the lamp on the west wall of the basement.
    Thanks! sometimes when looking too hard it's the most silly things I miss out on

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Hawk,

Have you found the pipe with steam blocking your way?

South of the valve that turns off the steam is an area with a large oblong grating over water.
    The glyph is under the pipe in the south wall
    If you have approached from the other direction you will have just walked across a narrow beam over water where you briefly see the ghost knight
    thanks i found the keeper

This is like two episodes in one mission: a small mansion looter, followed by an eerie undead excursion turning into a zombie chopper. The author may have originally planned so because there are 2 sets of objectives, and the loot is counted separately. Both are fun, enjoyable and not too difficult.

But that one secret - does it really exist? Has anybody found it?

Looking for the ...keepers room, I'm in the B2 section, a hexagonal room with hexagonal pipes and I presume that you have to climb these pipes and the entrance to the room is off one of them...how the hell do you climb them, all garrett seems to be able to do is slip off...going to have to pass on this unless someone has a better idea as my yelling at the computer is going to get me thrown out.
    Arghhhh

Ravenhook:

I think you are in the West Sewer. Keep going south past the gas emitting pipe and look for a glyph.

csamba: Yes, the secret does exist.

Thanks Freddy...found it and got my fingers burned, teach me to try and steal a ring...didn't get the arrow in the back of the neck though, I was already crouched down...

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post

csamba: Yes, the secret does exist.
    Perfect answer to a foolish question - thank you, I deserved it. How about a friendly hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    Thanks Freddy...found it and got my fingers burned, teach me to try and steal a ring...didn't get the arrow in the back of the neck though, I was already crouched down...
    You'll get that ring later without pain, as soon as you collect the Black Book of Glyphs down in the Den. It is in the Library there

DromEd Archmage
    About the black glyph and library this is there you have to seek for the secret If my memory is good.
    It's a tiny switch in a book case

are in front of the city guard, I activated the glyph, as I open the gate control?

d. 2014
    where is the library,all i can find down there is a room with one bookcase,

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    also i see a metal door i cant get to

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    About the black glyph and library this is there you have to seek for the secret If my memory is good.
    It's a tiny switch in a book case
    I had searched (also) there before, it's practically invisible... but thanks a lot, got the bastard now.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Hawk,

as you enter the "gate maze", operate the wall switches to open the E passage. Go there, turn right and you are in the library.. There is quite a lot to do there...

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    Hawk,

as you enter the "gate maze", operate the wall switches to open the E passage. Go there, turn right and you are in the library.. There is quite a lot to do there...
    thankyou will do that

Finished it! I really,and i mean really,loved this mission Lots of unexpected stuff

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Is it just me, or has anyone else hit a bug where:
    after you get the tool and use the stone key, you frob the vortex and teleport to the red-walled area, then as you approach the next room (where white things go down a pit), it dies and your dumped to Windows.

If so, any way to avoid this? I do want to finish this mission.

- prjames
    UPDATE: Upgrading to v1.19 of Thief fixed the bug (e.g. go to original Thief2, apply 1.19, load save from 1.18, waltz past the pit of the screaming souls.

(And, bonus, I get to play the other Halloween mission(s) that require v1.19).

Someone tell me how to open the gates control?

DromEd Archmage
    You're not a great sneaker!

It's true, in betatest, I found the key accidentaly.
    The location is written in the red book in the cells. It's near the Water Tower.
    Don't found yet? Look at this spoil: Near Rumbles near a door blocked by bars.

Firemage, I did not understand what you wrote, what does "Near Rumbles near a door blocked by bars "?
    Can you give me a screenshot?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Congrats to the mysterious author. Wait, something seems to be missing here. Oh yeah, a download link!

EVIL THIEVERY

Thank you so much!

DromEd Archmage
    Sorry, I'm in another betatest...
    So, I have removed this mission from my computer.

You know where is the Water Tower?
    Near it, there is a door protected by gates. And some black rumbles near it.

If you don't know what I mean, it's in the part of quarter near Alienors' Stronghold.
    Seek there! The key is on the floor near the black rumbles, it's green