TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - EVIL THIEVERY

Firemage Ok, I found the key, thanks.
    It remains the last glyph to take, what's near the old well, but this glyph does not seem to be activated, it opens the secret door where I got the ring.
    Some more precise information would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bluclint View Post
    It remains the last glyph to take, what's near the old well, but this glyph does not seem to be activated, it opens the secret door where I got the ring. Some more precise information would be appreciated.
    See this post.

Si tratta dell'alcova del lato sud 3 passi prima di arrivare al pozzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Si tratta dell'alcova del lato sud 3 passi prima di arrivare al pozzo.

Wow! You answered me in Italian, congratulations!
    Tannar Thanks, I missed that post.

P.S. Damn, I can not find this alcove, I need another clue, thanks.
    Last edited by bluclint; 11th Nov 2012 at 07:07.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bluclint View Post
    Wow! You answered me in Italian, congratulations!
    Tannar Thanks, I missed that post.

P.S. Damn, I can not find this alcove, I need another clue, thanks.
    near the dry well in alcove,left side as you approach the well

d. 2014
    mision compleated,i quite enjoyed it,i had to play on expert,it kept crashing on easy

Just started this, but really stuck on the code. I've put in the 'dates' and can't quite relate what the clues, it could be a time or hours mean. Could someone tell me the code are explain how the dates are hours, so i can work it out? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Just started this, but really stuck on the code. I've put in the 'dates' and can't quite relate what the clues, it could be a time or hours mean. Could someone tell me the code are explain how the dates are hours, so i can work it out? Thanks!
    Shadows, the whole hour is important

Finished too. Great mission, congratulations to autor

Also, I second csamba question about a secret!

And another tricky question:
    spoiler:
    Is there a bonus objective? Or in other words, did somebody manage to rescue Sandra Alienors? Because I took her with me and I tried to put her in Alienors residence or take her to the end but it didn't work

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    did you read the book ,in the ladies room,the time,

Shadows: It's 3 numbers.

MaX: Take her to her room. You will get a Bonus when you drop her in the right place.

Wow, thanks for the help guys.

I assume hawk means the scroll on the table in the lady's room, which i have read.

Unfortunately I just can't interpret how those two numbers relate to a time, or even put Dawggon's clue into context. My musings so far, 26/01 and 30/10. At first i thought 26 and 30 maybe the year, the 01 and 10 months. Making the daughter 4 years old. If it's a time, perhaps the 26 and 30 are dates. And 01 and 10 are the hours. I put in 01:00 and 10:00 as the time, but it didn't work.

Then I thought, from the clues, the whole hour is important (as bluclint said), that perhaps, the dates give me the number of hours, the daughters age, so 4 years 9 months, translate to 41592 hours, can't put that into the lock. haha I think it perhaps someone could give me abigger clue, cause I've stretch my brain as much as i could.
    Last edited by shadows; 11th Nov 2012 at 15:25. Reason: additional info

DromEd Archmage
    Shadows, your brain is too complex...

Three books; three hints:

Galmont'letter => The code is something personnal and can be theses dates or can be hours or years
    Guard's Journal=> The thing which have the most shocked her is the hour of disappearence
    Red Book in the Ladie's bedroom => GUESS WHAT IS IT!

Help! Where's the last glyph? How can I return to Bastion Alienor's. By sewers, it's blocked with barrels, streets I need a key...

I am stuck in the beginning. I have the vault key but it will not open to door in the cellar. Is it supposed to? Also, I have stacked boxes for many minutes and got on the roof. That was a waste of time. Nothing is open either up or down on the street. None of my keys open the double metal doors.

Everyone is knocked out except the knight and I he is clueless that I am around. I have already met the loot objective and I cannot get out of the mansion. What am I supposed to do next? Thanks

Even if you met the loot-requirement already, let me tell you : enjoy the small remaining part of the mission as well
    Ok, enough jokes. It sounds to me like you can not open the giant vault door ?
    It does not take a key. It requires a code! Check behind the secret door.
    Check 2 posts above your own. (3 books)
    EDIT: Hmmm... have you found the secret door in the basement already ??
    A note of friend Steven should give you some clues:
    The mechanism works well! I am pleased to see the vault is safe;
    Last edited by gnartsch; 11th Nov 2012 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Shadows, your brain is too complex...

Three books; three hints:

Galmont'letter => The code is something personnal and can be theses dates or can be hours or years
    Guard's Journal=> The thing which have the most shocked her is the hour of disappearence
    Red Book in the Ladie's bedroom => GUESS WHAT IS IT!
    Yeah, perhaps I am too clever for my own good, as they say.

But I see the problem now I haven't found this red book. I've frobbed all around the lady's bedroom, hoping for the hidden book or a switch, but nothing. I am playing on Expert, does this make a difference? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, i worked out what i hadn't done, i forgot to follow the clue about the guy losing his key on the courtyard, once i found it, voila, things opened up
    Last edited by shadows; 12th Nov 2012 at 10:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    MaX: Take her to her room. You will get a Bonus when you drop her in the right place.
    I also thought I would get a pat on the shoulder for doing so - but no joy. I've tried many times dropping the Sleeping Beauty first on her bed, then on every possible (and impossible) places in her room but nothing happens, no bells chime, no bonus. Do I have to do something more, in addition to completing all other objectives and collecting all the loot, to deserve the reward?

DromEd Archmage
    Hum... It's in her bedroom in Tarxax's Lair not in Alienors Stronghold

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Hum... It's in her bedroom in Tarxax's Lair not in Alienors Stronghold
    Wow, yes, of course - why would I do something simple, if I can do it in a complicated way... thank you

Thanks, Firemage! Cool mission!

Why it crashes in falling souls room after retrieving that shining thingy?

DromEd Archmage
    Hey! Calm down! I'm not the maker! I know him, we're friend and that's all!

I dunno why it crash, I think that's because there are too many objects. The soul fall and fall, then, we burst the limit. I'm sure of that, because that's the kind of crash you get in my mission: Overlord's Ending.

Fortunately, the patch 1.19 remove that problem!

Great mission from our, ahem, anonymous author ticking lots of boxes - atmosphere, sound, gameplay, textures, puzzles etc.

Like Tell Tale Heart impressed with size of mission for contest entry. Really enjoyed it and good to replay as needed help a couple of times on first run on "Rash" (good level names ) - found no problems at all with scripting or crashes. Would have liked more to do in Yant's den maybe beyond the lever puzzle but loved the well of souls! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I am stuck in the beginning...
    Took some advice and also re-read some scrolls. Just completed the mission.

About the girl...
    If you want to try to "save" the girl after using the ring on all 4 glyphs, forget about it. The spooks down below stay alive.

About the AI...
    I agree that there are a lot, but they are pretty stupid, can't hear well, and can be dodged in the shadows. Just a matter of timing. I don't like the absence of my sword though. Also, the book in the begining lends one to thinks it and the rest of the stuff is near, or at least "somewhere".

Overall fun. Thanks mystery FM maker

I totally missed this thread but as I read in the head posts: they don't want to reveal themselves ..... isn't this plurial???

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    ... but as I read in the head posts: they don't want to reveal themselves ..... isn't this plurial?
    Yes but it doesn't actually imply that there are multiple authors. This just reflects the English language's lack of a gender-neutral pronoun. We use "them" or "themselves" in place of a neutral pronoun. It is an idiomatic expression.