TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - EVIL THIEVERY

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    Took some advice and also re-read some scrolls. Just completed the mission.

About the girl...
    If you want to try to "save" the girl after using the ring on all 4 glyphs, forget about it. The spooks down below stay alive.

About the AI...
    I agree that there are a lot, but they are pretty stupid, can't hear well, and can be dodged in the shadows. Just a matter of timing. I don't like the absence of my sword though. Also, the book in the begining lends one to thinks it and the rest of the stuff is near, or at least "somewhere".

Overall fun. Thanks mystery FM maker
    FALSE! You can find a sword in coward near the graveyard warden's corpse in the mausoleum.
    About the equipement this is normal because they said in the book that it was moved to Shoalsgate, where Garrett was in Framed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Yes but it doesn't actually imply that there are multiple authors. This just reflects the English language's lack of a gender-neutral pronoun. We use "them" or "themselves" in place of a neutral pronoun. It is an idiomatic expression.
    Thanks Tannar. Another thing learned! I'll remember that.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Where's the glyph in Alienors Stronghold on Friend Steven's Steel Icon?
    I can't find it on the cross in Friend Steven's room in the mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael. View Post
    I can't find it on the cross in Friend Steven's room in the mansion.
    Ok, I forgot the ring.

I've located 4 of the glyphs. The fifth back at the stronghold remains. I'm all over the cemetery and tunnels and find the the basement entrance to the mansion blocked by some flaming spirit. How do I get back to stonghold? Thanks!

DromEd Archmage
    Return to the secret vault, there is something useful

Kind of stuck now. I have found three of the glyphs but can't find the northern most one. I got the one by the well, the one above the door and the one on the rubble pile. Not sure what to do next.

DromEd Archmage
    Have you found the scroll in the keeper's den?
    You'll know where to with it.

I finally found the steel icon but now I can't find my way out.
    Last edited by mxleader; 22nd Nov 2012 at 17:47.

An unexpected treat, Mysterious Man! The sewers felt properly grotty with all that staining and rust. As pretty as some of the newer missions have been, yours felt like a homage to TDP's "Haunted Cathedral", which was refreshing.

It's getting a bit difficult to believe that the rulers of Garrett's world don't simply raze all tombs, crypts and mausoleums while mandating lava pit burials for good measure. It seems each one eventually pours forth a Undead Horde led by a spectre, necromancer or demon (in this case all three!).

I enjoyed this one but it's perhaps a bit too complicated for its own good. The atmosphere tends to be dissipated by all the to-ing & fro-ing.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    I finally found the steel icon but now I can't find my way out.
    Back in the sewers you must find a room with one entrance/exit. There are 3 or 4 vertical pipes in the corner. Look next to them.

DromEd Archmage
    10 days left before the anonymous author reveal himself!

And don't forget to vote!

Actually it's 13 days. Voting closes on 14th.

DromEd Archmage
    Yep! 12 days now!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelvyn View Post
    I am stuck where clearing was stuck 2 pages back where he posted the pic, cant open door and there is a gate in a hallway next to that door.

I did not see where anyone answered him though
    I am outside the jail and can not seem to proceed.
    Hi!! stupid here!!... running low on patience and on other FMs to play... how I go out of the iron gate to finally start this mission please?.... Officer's office is locked, I have the cells key and some loot, and yes, I read the book in the cells area...but....let me out please...

If you mean the prison, then the key you're looking for is under the stairs, next to the watchwoman's corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frère Staven View Post
    If you mean the prison, then the key you're looking for is under the stairs, next to the watchwoman's corpse.
    I'll go look at once...'though I looked there so many times... thanks a lot...you saved my night!!!

Help, i can´t decipher the code to the vault, the red journal of the distress lady says 8:57, and i don´t know what to make of 3 digits, what´s the code? what am i missing?
    Last edited by nickie; 2nd Dec 2012 at 18:11. Reason: Spoiler cover added

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Help, i can´t decipher the code to the vault, the red journal of the distress lady says 8:57, and i don´t know what to make of 3 digits, what´s the code? what am i missing?
    Lol, just add a little "0" before "857".
    Last edited by nickie; 2nd Dec 2012 at 18:11. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Are you sure that you are in Yant's Lair? This is a dark place with a disgusting body in the entrance.
    There you'll find a room protected by vines. If you remind of Tarxax's Journal, you'll see that you can push it if you strike with an object.
    So Destroy the vine with the tool after Explore the area, search a second lever behind a StoneDoor, frob it. then
    you'll see a kind of throne room with theShining Strangeness and a third lever finally return to the second room and frob the lever behind the stone door which is open. After that huge spoil, you can escape!
    back again with questions I have frobed the library lever and the lever in the little room with vine blocking the entrance. The 2 stone doors are still closed, can't find how to open them.Is this tiny switch in library I read about here opening one of those stone doors? I still have to find it though, when I go home . thank you in advance !!

DromEd Archmage
    The stone door can be opended by the switch behind the vines. Destroy the vines with your tool.

The Tiny switch just open a secret area.

To leave don't froget to push the big floor lever in the library.

When you'll push the lever behind vines go back to the stone doors, I'm sure that you'll know what you have to do later.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    The stone door can be opended by the switch behind the vines. Destroy the vines with your tool.

The Tiny switch just open a secret area.

To leave don't froget to push the big floor lever in the library.

When you'll push the lever behind vines go back to the stone doors, I'm sure that you'll know what you have to do later.
    thank you Firemage! you mean that in the place with the vine entrance where when you can frob the lever and 2 faces on the walls stricks you, there is also a switch? or by switch you mean the lever? if you mean the lever, using it no stone door opens for me

DromEd Archmage
    Are you sure?

If you frob the trapped lever, normally, a stone door might be opened. Or perhaps, you have frobbed it twice accidentally.
    Retry it.

my thought also....I 'll go and see again....good night!!!!