TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - EVIL THIEVERY

Administrator

Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - EVIL THIEVERY

This is the discussion thread for the second Halloween Contest entry - EVIL THIEVERY. The author wishes to remain in the shadows and not reveal themselves until after the contest has finished . Perhaps those who have beta-tested the mission can provide assistance if needed?

Mission: A night in the quarter of LightStone, a guard named Bredon have discovered a secret vault that contains a treasure researched by all fences in the city: the "Shining Strangeness". Because the manor which hide this secret vault is little, a great rush was occured among the thieves. Garrett, the master thief, want to stole this object before the other thieves.

Information: This is a 1.18 version without EAX rooms. In english AND en français!
    For more information, look at the readme!

Congratulations, anonymous author. Downloading now.

May we guess and post who the author could probably be?

Clearinghouse
    Congrats, anonymous author Thank you! Downloading.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Congrats to the Author !

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Lots of cool things happening in this mission, it was way longer than I thought.

For an odd reason I can't find the exit
    I'm at tunnel A3 waiting for help...

Congratulations, unknown author!

Congratulations, F...M...!. Downloading now.
    Last edited by nickie; 5th Nov 2012 at 06:08. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    F...M...!
    Last edited by nickie; 5th Nov 2012 at 06:10. Reason: Spoiler cover added

I must be missing something very obvious:
    spoiler:
    I found the vault and I am in possession of Friend Steven's Key. But I can't unlock several doors and I can't open the vault. I tried both dates mentioned in the diary next to the moneybox on the 2nd floor (2601 & 3010) but they don't seem to be the right combinations.

I need a hint to get me going again!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Congrats to the mysterious author. Wait, something seems to be missing here. Oh yeah, a download link!

EVIL THIEVERY

DrK, Head down sewer opening across from cemetery. Go straight until next to last passage. Go past barred gate and look carefully.

Hey..my spoiler cover not working...
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 4th Nov 2012 at 12:11.

Intruder, Look in Lady Alienor's book on her desk.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Lots of cool things happening in this mission, it was way longer than I thought.

For an odd reason I can't find the exit
    I'm at tunnel A3 waiting for help...

Have you found the severs keyring?

intruder

I must be missing something very obvious:

spoiler:
    I found the vault and I am in possession of Friend Steven's Key. But I can't unlock several doors and I can't open the vault. I tried both dates mentioned in the diary next to the moneybox on the 2nd floor (2601 & 3010) but they don't seem to be the right combinations.

I need a hint to get me going again!
    The code is the time.

Has anyone found the key for the lockbox in the captains room? I think my lockpicks are there.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    I did, I finished the mission. It's just this glyph at the end was too well hidden.

Great use of audio, lots of technical features here and there. Graphically it was decent but might need a bit more work, it lacks details and too much repetition in textures to my taste. The plot and scripted events were pretty cool.

However the mission has one major flaw to me : too many ennemies. In the end it was really annoying, I just didn't care anymore and was running between them. Sometimes less is more...
    Some ennemies are great though, like the knights, the flying ghosts and the headless cop
    And too many keys too. I felt like the whole mission was just a massive keyhunt...

The key for the lockbox in captain's room can be found in the sewers, near a dead keeper.

DromEd Archmage
    I did, I finished the mission. It's just this glyph at the end was too well hidden.
    Comme dans Rocksbourg 2...
    Like in Rocksbourg 2...

J'aime bien cette mission, combattant bien à l'épée je me suis amusé à tuer les squelettes! (En plus ce sont les miens)
    I like this mission, because I fight as a professional with the sword, I liked to kill skeletons! (Moreover, they are mine)

On peut se cacher dans l'ombre et rester discret! Toujours aussi bien qu'en betatest! Bravo Mystery Author!
    We can hide ourself in the shadows and remains stealthy! Always good, as in betatest! Bravo Mystery Author!

updated post below
    Last edited by downwinder; 4th Nov 2012 at 18:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Congratulations, anonymous author. Downloading now.

May we guess and post who the author could probably be?
    I am very sure that the author is actually Firemage, even if he tries to deny his mission release - I don´t remember another French author besides DrK and everything looks like his style

downwinder. Check the book on the desk of Lady Alienor's room. That's just down the hall from where you started the game. The code is there, really.

You will be able to open the front door later in the game.
    The door you can't open upstairs is Lady Alienor's room. If you read one of the guards notes, it tells you where you can look for the key. Hint: do you seen any grass?
    Last edited by Dawggon; 4th Nov 2012 at 17:33.

DromEd Archmage
    LOL! If I was this Author, I'll be very glad! This mission is beautiful & with a good ambient. I'm not very good about ambient sounds, you know.
    It's true, I know who he is, but I can't tell his name or I'll be forced to kill you!

Seriously, it's not me! Me I'm in a terrible mess with my mission!
    That guy is very good, he have listen to me about the handles, and used a lot of my objects. (Yes I want to create a pack of 3D objects & motions).
    So, this mission look like my missions, but it isn't mine! I swear!

That's someone else! Gaëtane, Frère Staven or Ramirez Old Fat Burricks, or an english/american/australian/indian/canadian/south african/etc who like French.
    I'll remains quiet!

Relax Downwinder! You have just to search in the courtyard Alienors appartment key
    If you look at your map the locked door upstair is her appartment, and on the desk, there is a book, in it you'll see the code. The little box can be opened with Galmont's key (the knight)

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i am stuck where intruder is,and i cant find any book on a desk

i cant open front door to streets
    i cant open door by safe
    i cant open safe
    i cant open door upstairs closest to stairs
    i cant open lock box on desk

i frobed everything i can think of
    I finally found that one key: here it is

yes thank you
    Last edited by downwinder; 4th Nov 2012 at 19:53.

I agree with DrK, once the latter part of the mission spawns a metric ton of Undead all over the place, everything goes down the drain to the point that I stopped playing after I got the Keeper ring.

But everything up to that point was awesome. The buildings had a nice Thief 1 vibe about them, and after the "bait and switch" once you get your hands on the Shiny thingie, the mission starts building up this eerie and creepy feeling that just won't go away, climaxing in the area called in-game as "Yent's Lair". That bit had me on edge, and getting out of there is one of the most harrowing gaming experiences I've had in a while. But the moment I found the Mausoleum key, but before I picked it up, I knew exactly what was going to happen, and everything kinda felt cheap from that point on.

(BTW, did anyone else save the girl? I took the time and effort to get her out of the mausoleum, at least.)

EDIT: Nvm.
    Last edited by nickie; 5th Nov 2012 at 06:06. Reason: Spoiler cover added

DrK

Exit is actually in Central Sewer on map, rather than A3 tunnel as objective states.

Nice creepy mission with lots of surprises - quite tricky too on expert!
    Anyone found the secret? - I didn't!

Clearinghouse
    I can't open this door. And can't get the gate open.

I must be an idiot since apparently I'm the only one confused. I made it to the Keepers room and got the list of all the glyph locations but I can't figure out where to go from there. The note mentioned a place near the cemetary but I can't find anywhere to go around there. There is the little hole in the wall with boards blocking it, but I don't have a sword or anything to break them with and I can't find any keys for the doors.

I'm not asking for an outright spoiler, but a hint to get me on my way would be nice.
    Last edited by Fuod; 4th Nov 2012 at 21:01.