TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New T2 FM: The Reunification - NewDark (14 Nov 2012)

New T2 FM: The Reunification - NewDark (14 Nov 2012)

Here i deliver my fourth FM.

Description: Garrett and his girlfriend have been through a lot. First the kidnapping
    and ransom which eventually led to Garrett dropping through a hole and ending up
    in Beltzer's mansion. After he cleaned that out, Garrett left the mansion through
    some catacombs and was soon having fun in Mistress Guennean's castle. When he
    was leaving there, everything suddenly went black and he lost his memory.
    Waking up in a cell...

This is a sequel to my missions "Ransom", "Lord Beltzer’s Mansion and
    Mistress Guenneans Castle. It is recommended that you play them first
    if you have not already done so.

It also have Russian translation in the zip.
    Please extract the included ZIP file to patch the english FM to russian.
    Thanks Soldi for that.

Download:
    Thiefmissions Thanks to epithumia
    Southquarter Thanks to Brethren
    Last edited by Beltzer; 15th Nov 2012 at 02:19. Reason: Added NewDark in the title

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Congrats Beltzer, you are getting fast at making fms !

Thanks

Congrats I'm stealing this now

Southquarter.com/fms
    Congrats on the release - I can just see Benny struggling to pronounce the name of your FM.

Where is the key to the police chief's chest? Can't seem to find it.I'm guessing that's where my sword is.
    And how can I get Sophie to follow me?

when i first start mission i hear garrett say "you got to be kidding me,but the screen is black and if i bring up menu and go back to game it starts to flash,so i am not able to play mission,is there a fix?

playing on win 7 with updated new dark.

I have no clue about your problem Downwinder, but it worked OK for me. Sorry.

InfinituS, I don't want to spoil too much since the mission is just released. So I'll try to be a bit cryptical here: Look at what is made of a bashable material, but it can't be slashed

Look at Sofie from nearby.

I hope this helps.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Clearinghouse
    Congrats, Beltzer

Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    Where is the key to the police chief's chest? Can't seem to find it.I'm guessing that's where my sword is.
    I'm having the same trouble, and your clue was maybe too cryptic. All I could find were the crates near Sophie, but that yielded nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I have no clue about your problem Downwinder, but it worked OK for me. Sorry.

InfinituS, I don't want to spoil too much since the mission is just released. So I'll try to be a bit cryptical here: Look at what is made of a bashable material, but it can't be slashed

Look at Sofie from nearby.

I hope this helps.

I don't know what you mean by bashable material that can't be slashed.I found the key to the chest in the chief's office I didn't bash anything to get it. As for Sophie..I knew where she was, I just had problems getting her to follow me It worked after a few tries...Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I'm having the same trouble, and your clue was maybe too cryptic. All I could find were the crates near Sophie, but that yielded nothing.
    Found it in the end Look in the chief's office really,really carefully

Problem:
    spoiler:
    Sofia does not follow me. I can frob her, but absolutely no reaction. Any hint? I have thrown a crate across the room which made her go in alert status. After she "saw" me she ran away outside the building. Then she stopped and got back into her cell. Still I could not manage to get her follow me.

Edit:
    spoiler:
    I don´t know what happened, but she finally follows me after I went to the police station again.
    Last edited by Dainem; 14th Nov 2012 at 20:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    Problem:
    spoiler:
    Sofia does not follow me. I can frob her, but absolutely no reaction. Any hint? I have thrown a crate across the room which made her go in alert status. After she "saw" me she ran away outside the building. Then she stopped and got back into her cell. Still I could not manage to get her follow me.

Edit:
    spoiler:
    I don´t know what happened, but she finally follows me after I went to the police station again.
    Of course, you walked out. That's the trigger.
    I also didn't notice this at first, so don't feel bad.

@ InfinituS: I couldn't be more specific, since the mission was just released. It wouldn't been fair to the author: Beltzer.
    he did a great job and then for me spoil it all at the first night You know?!

Look at my remark again and you'll see it was accurate, although cryptical, I know.
    BTW: There were 2 answers spoiled in that 1 reply

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Congratulations on the release!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Great to see this, my unplayed FMs are starting to stack up (a good thing).

Here's a mirror: The Reunification

I've gotten past the problem I posted about earlier; now trying to figure out how to get the chief's body past the patrol droid and open the cell holding Sophie.
    The note about the droid's fortitude was right, I can't destroy him no matter what I try - even his own bombs don't do damage! (believe me; I set him up to hit himself repeatedly, left the game running to eat dinner, and he was still going!) Water arrows don't seem to have any effect, either.

This is how I managed to get past the droid on testing with the chief....first I got the chief to the bottom of the stairs and saved, next I left his body there and followed the droid to the dark spot by the cells on the right hand side hugged the wall and crouched, the droid should pass you by, next I ran back to my cell without being seen by the guard and saved, next I clobbered the guard and then dealt with the torturer in the chamber and saved,next I waited for the droid to turn and begin his way back to the stairs and hid in the same spot and crouched, waited for him to pass me and legged it back to the stairs, finally I picked up the chief stood up and waited for the droid, saved, and followed him as close as possible, hugged the wall and crouched at the safe dark spot...it's close but it can be done...wait for him to pass by and nip around the corner and dump his nibs into the empty hole...
    Job done, tricky but satisfying.

Beltzer, and 1.18?

I have the same problem of DownWinder, at the beginning of the mission the screen is black and starts flashing, does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Beltzer, and 1.18?
    Are you asking if i'll make an 1.18 version?
    If so, sa awnser is no

Quote Originally Posted by bluclint View Post
    I have the same problem of DownWinder, at the beginning of the mission the screen is black and starts flashing, does anyone know the solution to this problem?
    That's very interesting as none of us had this issue with new dark.

Thanks all for the greetings. I dont know why it should
    be black in the beginning, none of the testers have
    roported nothing about that either. Hope someone
    else can come up with an idea.
    Brethren:
    Yeah, that would not be a pretty sight
    Last edited by Beltzer; 15th Nov 2012 at 10:39.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    That's very interesting as none of us had this issue with new dark.

i'm so glad i am not the only person with issues,as i am sad now cause 2/3 missions released i was not able to play i dont want to sound like a bad person but since this new dark is out i get nothing but more problems with fm's,i even got a new computer a couple months ago.

Downwinder, my guess is you haven't a proper installation of 1.19 on your PC. Perhaps try to find some help on another forum for guidance.

My installation was done by another Tafferfriend online through the Teamviewer program. He has the technical skills I'm missing and all works well for me an my computer is from 2006.

Hmm, something struck me, i wrote in the Cryptic Realms updated for NewDark thread
    about that i had problems with crash in the beginning of the game.
    Weird, my last mission had no broblems at all, if i dont count craches in Dromed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast