TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - UNKNOWN DANGER

Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - UNKNOWN DANGER

Ladies and Gentleman, I have great pleasure in announcing an entry into the Halloween Contest - UNKNOWN DANGER!

Mission
    You wake up in an old, for you, unknown place that seems to be abandoned. You don't know what's up, you were probably left for a while during an evacuation or so it would seem. Suddenly you remember bad things. Really bad things. You need to get out..... Alive...
    This place isn't safe anymore...

This is a mission for NewDark - v 1.19.

IMPORTANT : You need the Xvid Codec to see the video, otherwise it won't run!

IMPORTANT : You will need NVScript for this Mission to work.

MOST IMPORTANT : This Mission is supposed to be dark.

Download Links
    File-Upload.net. Please note that the link is the small download link just above Tipp Smartphone Billig!
    Southquarter - thanks Brethren.

And don't forget to vote after playing.

Update. The author has uploaded a .mis file here which has a ladder to get down a particularly difficult hole.

NEW UPDATE from the author - 1st December 2012.
    I seriously have no freaking idea, why it doesn't work. When I tried it on different installations and computers it just worked fine. I'm still on it, but I don't know, what I can do in such a situation. It just works, or it doesn't. All the causes I could think of are just not the reason for this kind of problems I'm sorry for any problems I caused, and also I checked if the download is corrupt (which is not the case), so if something is still broken, it's probably just my fault.

Changes:
    -Included a ladder at a crucial point
    -Smokebombs now actually stack (they are still of use, just need to know how to use them)
    -Included my NVScript.osm. This one works for me and everybody who tested it
    Also I want to stress, that I checked everything like twice and still didn't find any points, where the game breaks, when it was either keys or anything, it should work now.
    And if you manage, to get over the rocks without the explosives, just enjoy some nice explosions, eh?
    the MD5 for this package should be:49d638649afe5810be5c6aa25bb17aa0

NEW LINK http://www.sendspace.com/file/zqqd42
    Last edited by nickie; 1st Dec 2012 at 10:28.

Downloading right now.I was just thinking when a new Halloween FM will turn up

This is great news! However, it won't download for me. I click on the link and nothing happens. I'll have to wait for a mirror, it seems.

DromEd Archmage
    Wow, unexpected event! I'll try this!

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Congratulations to the unknown author. Another goodie for Halloween !

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    This is great news! However, it won't download for me. I click on the link and nothing happens. I'll have to wait for a mirror, it seems.
    Whilst we're waiting for mirrors, try this.

Very cool, I was hoping more missions would slide under the door at the last minute!

Having some technical problems with this one. Using readable items doesn't seem to work (the opened book in the beginning and the plaque by the elevator). I thought this might be a problem with my NVscripts, but I loaded another mission that uses them heavily ("Temple of the Tides", actually made by Nameless Voice) and it works fine. Any ideas?

How to get out?

Southquarter.com/fms
    Mirror: Unknown Danger

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Whilst we're waiting for mirrors, try this.
    Thanks, that worked.

Huzzah! Launching this one right now!
    Oh, I already like the exposition very much; it reminds me of Brainchild.
    Last edited by skacky; 29th Nov 2012 at 18:27.

I'm at the exit gate.Or i think it's the exit gate What is the code?
    Also i think i "broke" the mission at the part where i needed the dynamite.I just jumped on the rocks taking some minor damage.Another thing...at some point there is no sound,footsteps or door sounds.Nothing.
    Also readables don't seem to work as it was pointed earlier by The Mike aaaand i hit an invisible wall near the exit gate

Yes, I also have the same problem with the books, only the note by the rocks worked.
    Very nice atmosphere so far, I really enjoy it.

EDIT: Was I supposed to be able to get behind the bookshelf with the destroyed wall and a floating switch? I had a devil of a time getting there, and couldn't get out.
    Last edited by skacky; 29th Nov 2012 at 19:13.

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations to the unknown author

Getting this right now... Will see if like.

Verdict? Cool beans.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    EDIT: Was I supposed to be able to get behind the bookshelf with the destroyed wall and a floating switch? I had a devil of a time getting there, and couldn't get out.
    The author says that's just some kind of easter egg he forgot to remove, the switch is of no use anymore and can just be ignored, same for the way in that hole, just some decoration.

Well, I think I'm stuck.

I managed to reach an area with a coffin that I can frob, but it doesn't open. I have the latest NVScripts so I don't know about that. There is also a papyrus in that room that highlights. There are two doors here but none of them open with the metal key I picked-up some time before, and there are also rocks in front of a Hammer statue I can pick up. I still haven't destroyed the rocks blocking the corridor, since I never found any explosives. I also have a gear in my inventory, but found no use to it yet.

Any hints?

Archivist
    Thanks for the Halloween entry, anonymous author (I suspect I know who made it, it's his first release).

This doesn't dissapoint so far. Great atmosphere. A word of caution: be careful with the flares you find, as things can be rather tricky in the dark without them.

skacky: The key you found on a desk in one of the higher parts of the library should open one of the two doors in the area I presume you're currently stuck. And the dynamite can be located in the back part of the library, beyond the patrolling zombie, that has several corridors and offices.

Just like you I've found no use of the gear yet and the piece of dynamite isn't powerful enough to clear the passage blocked by rubble. I'm also pretty stuck right now.

I used the dynamite to clear away the boards in the room with two doors, but now I can't get down the hole without dying.

I think thats the right room, I haven't played since last night.

@ skacky and Phantom:

The gear is of no use, itīs strange, but when the mission was tested it appeared as ajunk object, gotta fix that.

The dynamite is not supposed to clear everything out, just to loosen the passage so itīs easier to get through. Also, the key to continue lies behind the corridor in a room to the left where also a healing potion is to be found. The key is to be found on the table next to the healing potion, and it opens the door left to the door in the room behind the room with the coffin
    Also you need to throw the tnt at or above the "X" marked at the pillar to the right to maximize explosion effect, then itīs very easy to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post
    I used the dynamite to clear away the boards in the room with two doors, but now I can't get down the hole without dying.

I think thats the right room, I haven't played since last night.
    Fuod : Dynamite is supposed to be for the rocks in the hallway. The boards can be destroyed by the rubble lying around in the library (those are frobable).

Phantom: Nope, the key just doesn't work on any of these two doors. I restarted the mission since I ran out of flares anyway. I thought the key could work as a lockpick like in Zontik's Upside Down, but I don't think so. And I have examined every inch of the back area and found no dynamite. All I found were a grappling hook and two flares.

Fuod : Dynamite is supposed to be for the rocks in the hallway. The boards can be destroyed by the rubble lying around in the library (those are frobable).
    I thought something was wrong.

OK, then how do I get down that hole without dying?

Fuod, you are actually supposed to get hurt by this drop (my bad, also sounds bad, but was a good idea when I thought about it). If you are playing on expert mode without any healing potions you also can try to drop down the throwable rocks and stack them by this so you can land on them.

Otherwise there isn't a solution right now.

I'm sending you a pm.

I managed to reach an area with a coffin that I can frob, but it doesn't open. There is also a papyrus in that room that highlights. There are two doors here but none of them open with the metal key I picked-up some time before, and there are also rocks in front of a Hammer statue I can pick up. I still haven't destroyed the rocks blocking the corridor, since I never found any explosives.
    Nope, the key just doesn't work on any of these two doors... And I have examined every inch of the back area and found no dynamite. All I found were a grappling hook and two flares.
    Ditto.

The key is to be found on the table next to the healing potion...
    Which only helps if you've found the healing potion.

...and it opens the door left to the door in the room behind the room with the coffin
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post
    What boards? What hole? I see no boards in that room.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast