TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - I Have a Bad Feeling About This

Administrator

Halloween Contest 2012 Entry - I Have a Bad Feeling About This

NB. This mission has been withdrawn from the contest and from circulation.

Squeaking in at the last minute(ish) is the last Halloween Contest Entry - "I Have a Bad Feeling About This". Again, the author wishes to keep their identity under wraps for now.

Intro:
    I'm meeting Sammy at the Crippled Burrick Pub this evening to talk about merchandise. Tonight's weather seems rather eerie and something doesn't feel right. I've heard stories about paranormal activities during October nights, especially the last day of October. I've never given them much thought since I'm not big on local superstitions. The word on the street is the local graveyard is ripe with the undead and something could get out. I'm probably being paranoid, but it never hurts to be prepared in case I need to make a quick getaway.

IMPORTANT INFO:
    Should work with FMSel and Darkloader 4.3. This is a Thief 2 1.19 mission.
    Please read the readme that comes with the FM. There's lots of information in there, such as where I got custom objects from, special thanks, etc. Did I mention that you should look at the readme? Oh, I did.
    Last edited by nickie; 4th Dec 2012 at 03:17.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Great, another entry ! Congratulations Mysterious Author !

Great news! Congrats to the author for making it on time.

Congrats to the author.Waiting for the download link now

Nice, I'll be sure to play this later tonight.

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations to the unknown author!

The download link is now in the first post. Mirrors welcome.

Cool beans.

Finished the mission. That was nostalgic. A minor bug: The objective to steal the shalesbridge key completes when you frob the key, even if you don't actually get the key. Of course, you don't really need it as you can just hop over the gate.

bikerdude
    Cool 2 missions to play this weekend :-)

I'm seeing an orange glow where I think a pumpkin is supposed to be, but I'm not seeing the pumpkin itself, and I can't collect it. This has happened so far in at least two different locations.

BANNED
    Fabulous! Downloading now. Thank you.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Just finished the mission.

Excuse me, can someone tell me what is the point of this mission ? I mean, it was fun and all, but it's literally ambush with blue fog, nothing else !

There is absolutely no effort put into it, I feel like the author did this mission for the sake of being part of the contest.
    When you look at Lord Fishkill's curse by Shadowspawn, A Dire Return or Complicated Cargo by Intruder, these mission are based on OMs but there are tons of new things added : new areas to explore, new plots, lots of technical features added, the missions look and feel completely different than the originals.

This mission doesn't even have a new plot ! Same conversations, same objectives.
    Here is a list of the new additions compared to ambush :
    - blue fog
    - one new ambient music
    - one readable about a pumpkin
    - a couple haunts put randomly in the streets
    - a new "mission complete" video (seriously !?)

That's it ! The mission is fun because it's Looking Glass Studio's work, the author brings nothing new. I can do the same thing with any other OM, it would require me 10 minutes top to "create" the mission.

I may sound harsh, but I LOVE Ambush. To see a FM taking this mission as a base, I was really excited about it. In the end I am extremely disappointed by it.
    Last edited by DrK; 3rd Dec 2012 at 13:34.

I am in the same boat as DrK, unfortunately. I've found this one quite weak, but well, I hate Ambush anyway and adding a bunch of zombies and haunts doesn't change anything.

I was so excited when I saw the screenshots. Anyway, I'll give it a try. Maybe you missed something along the way.

Knowing the OM like my own pocket, I noticed something interesting.

At Helena Way, go to the south end bridge, go west from the bridge into a deadend with two crates, use one of the crates there to help yourself mantle up to some small roof spot and right there in the corner of that place you can see a torch that you can frob and turn, it gives no visual or audio notice of anything changed.

Has anyone figured what this is about?

I found that too but never found what it controlled.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    May it have been left by Lgs ?

Hello all I don't know if this the right place to bring this up but I noticed that the water in this mission and others is pulsing form clear to opaque? Is this the new water patch I got recently? I forget what it was called. If so how can I get it to stop pulsing it is annoying me to no end!!

Do you have a picture of it ?

I noticed a couple objects having weird clipping bug, like if there were 2 objects at the exact same place. But I had no problem with the water.

Btw, I replayed it again, I can't seem to find anyhting else I would have missed. I noticed 2 orange glows, where there should have been pumpkins I guess, and the torch switch.
    In the readme file it says we should look for pumpkins, I haven't seen a single one.
    And why is it 1.19 ? I see no use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Do you have a picture of it ?

I noticed a couple objects having weird clipping bug, like if there were 2 objects at the exact same place. But I had no problem with the water.

Btw, I replayed it again, I can't seem to find anyhting else I would have missed. I noticed 2 orange glows, where there should have been pumpkins I guess, and the torch switch.
    In the readme file it says we should look for pumpkins, I haven't seen a single one.
    And why is it 1.19 ? I see no use for it.

Drk: I sent you an E-mail of the screenshots because I don't know how to post them here.

Hum thanks but I won't be of any help, I asked you to post pictures so people knowing the problem would help you. I sure don't have this bug anyway.

Here they are, but you should create a seperate topic for it, it has nothing to do with the mission.

Thanks Drk.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    May it have been left by Lgs ?
    No, in the OM the torch is lit up and cannot be frobbed, I would guess author of this fan mission modified it, still have not figured out what it does.

Well, I've been all over town (even to the graveyard via the rooftops) and I still haven't found any pumpkins. Not even an orange glow. They must be really well hidden.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast