TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789141924 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    If anything, we elitist gaming snobs should be embracing the coming generations. Since we're coming to that point when each new platform will only be marginally better graphically, what else will the AAA studios do to compete with each other for our hard earned dollars?
    The more likely outcome is that they run increasingly more expensive and invasive ad campaigns, hire more celebrities to do VO work, work harder for shock value, and propose a lot more "social" gimmicks that serve as justification for always-online DRM.

Some refreshment...

Before:

After:

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    WTF is this obsession with flaming sparks on everything, jeez...

For the sake of completeness (and those who haven't seen it), the April 1st video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrQt6s7a-0

There's also a 45-minute gameplay show scheduled for the E3.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

So I just installed an older GOG version of Witcher 2:EE that I had lying around, v3.0. The game's auto-updater is incrementally downloading and installing each patch up until presumably v3.4. What the fuck is this, a game from 2005? People hate Steam that much to the point that they'd prefer putting up with this shit when SteamPipe's delta patching is infinitely superior? Good Lord. What's more I had to keep pressing fucking Okay for 5 incremental patches that it downloaded. Uplay IIRC does incremental patches too but guess what? It applies them automatically.

I love GOG for the extra mile that they go to support older games but they seriously need a MUCH better patch delivery system, especially for the "modern" games on their platform. It's virtually non-existent (and for a majority of releases it IS non-existent).

Assuming that the boxed releases of Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 come with a heap of physical goodies, I'll be getting those. Since we know that both will be DRM free I dearly hope that CDPR have vastly improved their auto-patcher in the mean time (incremental? Get the fuck outta here with that inefficient bullshit!).

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

HUZZAH, successfully Steam-ified the GOG install of TW2 with only 200MBs to download! Into the pit death where you belong, GOG version!

Chakat sex pillow
    The preceding post ought be in an amateur dramatics/I <3 not having DRM-free backups thread, I don't see what it's doing here.

Moderator and Priest
    He loses points with me for always having the ribbon open in Explorer. That's newb shit, man. NEWB SHIT!

It starts in... 50 minutes.

Contents of the standard game edition:

Wow, that trailer tingled all my spidersenses and then some.
    Preordered on GOG and listening to the soundtrack snippet at the moment.
    If all else fails, the music is very good.

Btw, I got a code for the NeverwinterNightEdition which I already own, so if anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

The new trailer (in-game footage only):

Last edited by bukary; 5th Jun 2014 at 15:03.

Release date is 24 February 2015, just saw the livestream presentation. Colour me excited, it's looking good!

I'm currently torn between my love of cardboard boxes and my desire to better line CDPR's pockets by getting it from GOG. Which they were quite keen to push.

More than 2000 collector's editions (box) sold in... half an hour.

Last edited by bukary; 5th Jun 2014 at 15:13.

So it is working for polish orders ?
    I get locked out from polish orders, other links I can choose lead to dead ends...

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    So it is working for polish orders ?
    I get locked out from polish orders, other links I can choose lead to dead ends...
    Yes, it's working. It seems that there might be 9999 (?) items avaible in Poland (almost 2500 sold already):
    https://cdp.pl/wiedzmin-3

The link works for me and it seems to be the only site atm that I can choose that gives me the option to preorder the PC CE
    but like I said, it won't let me since I am not accessing from a polish browser.

If you want to preoreder it from this site, you need to register there. Registering with Google or Facebook might not work for you.

It seems that right now it's the only officialy supported by CDPR shop where you can buy the game. But, obviously, other retailers will appear soon on Buy.TheWitcher site.

BTW, it's almost 2700 now. Madness. I wonder if many of those people will cancel the preorder after the first half-an-hour-long gameplay at E3. Or maybe... quite the opposite... the game will start selling even more.
    Last edited by bukary; 5th Jun 2014 at 15:31.

You think gameplay will be hands-on for the press at E3 or the typical guided presentation ?

634MB 1080p
    http://www.gamersyde.com/telecharger...-32222_fr.html

My guess is that the journalists will not be able to play the game at E3. But... it's CDPR, so...

BTW, it's nice to see the band of witchers together. Geralt, Vesemir, Eskel, Lamberd, Letho... And Ciri (and Yennefer?) is in the game!

verbose douchebag
    I still need to complete W1 and play W2.

And, if anyone is interested, the new trailer in Polish (the way it's meant to be heard ):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxrnGjUNDoc

If that aint Yennefer on the ship together with Geralt/Triss I'll eat my keyboard

It seems Ciri is the central character in Wild Hunt. Finally.

The whole Witcher saga is based on the Arthurian legends. And Ciri in many ways resembles the Holy Grail (for Geralt, elves, the Emperor of Nilfgaard etc.) in the books. Everyone tries to find and capture Cirilla in order to marry (rape) her (and "fertilize" the waste land). It seems English-speaking players will finally get to know her story in details.
    Last edited by bukary; 5th Jun 2014 at 17:03.

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    If that aint Yennefer on the ship together with Geralt/Triss I'll eat my keyboard
    spoiler:
    It is. Look for the secret message at the end of the trailer.

Also,
    the raven at the end......someone from TW2 getting their eyes back ?

Btw, I looked through the HD version and cannot find any message at the end....

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789141924 ... LastLast