TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3

http://vlep.pl/img/tafi8h.jpg

As for the raven,
    spoiler:
    I don't think so. Philippa shapeshifts into an owl, not a raven.

Am I supposed to know the books to understand stuff in this? Because I have no idea who this "Ciri" is, and Yennefer hasn't been mentioned in the games apart from those flashbacks in W2.

Yes.

Not necessarily, Ciri gets mentioned in TW1 and Yennefer in TW2, both their stories are a little hidden but still there.
    The "theme" of Geralts quest is heavily hinted at during TW1's Lady of the Lake/the Hermit quests and the "prophecy" mentioned in both.

Trailer shows maybe some white frost or just a settlement after an avalanche ...

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    The new trailer (in-game footage only):
    Btw, that's Charles Dance voicing the "Imperial Majesty" guy (aka Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones).

New speculation about the raven on the CDPR forums is that it is Yennefer,
    you can see a female figure running away from the nilfgaardian
    and Yennefer has been using Kestrels (little ravens) in one of the short stories.

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    Kestrels (little ravens)
    Kestrels are falcons, not little ravens.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    So is this game gonna have hand-painted sexual conquest cards?

God, I hope so.

Seems unlikely. They toned down the amount of conquests Geralt got in Witcher 2, down to like 7 from "Geralt sticks his dick in anything with legs and tits".

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    [anti-GOG bs]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=nyYW9AOWh-8

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Congrats on being like 2 days behind the curve reporting news, jack ass. At the time I was installing TW2 it wasn't available and it still isn't available right now, even if you sign up to beta test their fucking electronic card game for casuals.

It remains to be seen if Galaxy will be viable competition for Steam. Even at present Steam destroys a stand-alone GOG installer EXE for convenience - the sheer fact I take my external HDD to my friend's house loaded Steam games, point his Steam install to the Steam Library directory structure on the external and have instant access to all of those games. All installed and ready to play. SteamPipe truly puts the Steam client ahead of ALL of the competiton at present.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 7th Jun 2014 at 08:57.

Well, collector's edition sold out already. It seems there were 8870 items avaible in Poland.

Few minutes of The Witcher 3 gameplay (Xbox One):

Last edited by bukary; 9th Jun 2014 at 15:27.

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    And, if anyone is interested, the new trailer in Polish (the way it's meant to be heard ):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxrnGjUNDoc

Oooh thanks for that. Having read the books in Polish I made the connections much better this way (Ceaser = nifiglard, Sword of destiny = theme in one of the books, wild hunt etc.). And when you mention it, yea the girl totally gotta be Ciri, didn't get it at first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wNiiQpDPJE

Crap quality but our first good look at Novigrad.

Better quality:

Thing What Kicks
    Trouble with that Griffon fight is, well, I've played Dragon's Dogma now, and that does big boss monster fights so right, everything else kinda pales in comparison.
    Yes, I know Dragon's Dogma basically nicked its "Climb all over them" boss fight style from Shadow of the Colossus, but that still doesn't stop it being the most thrilling way of fighting these big beasties I've come across.
    I said it in the RPS comments, and I'll say it here: CDPR need to nick that idea and nick it FAST.

One more demo & some more info (Gamespot):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3HuAroY1Oo

Here's a summary of the hands-on with The Witcher 3.* This is from Polish journalist and The Witcher is Polish game, so you might take it with a grain of salt. But I trust this particular journalist. Here's what he says:

- The first presentation (at Microsoft conference) was... quite uninteresting. Fortunately, the gameplay that was shown to the journalist behind closed doors was "absolutely phenomenal".
    - The shown quests were part of the large storyline quest: Geralt was trying to find Ciri.
    - The city (Novigrad) "looks insane": it's huge, colorful, detailed and living. - Obviously, there are children in The Witcher (unlike in many other games).
    - The landscapes are even more impressive than the city.
    - After visiting Dijkstra (well-known character from the books) in Novigrad Geralt traveled to Velen. This area is far away from Novigrad, so Geralt used fast travel system: you can teleport with the use of landmarks near main roads. (Of course, you can ride a horse to Velen, if you like).
    - Loading (after teleportation) was very fast.
    - Velen is part of No Men's Land. The swamp looks (another quote) "insane".
    - Animals/monsters will spawn in a believable way: they will fly from above, get out of the water etc.
    - Some animals/monsters are herbivorous. Geralt will have to scare them away in order to find/gather some ingredients for potions.
    - The fighting animations need some additional work. They are not as fluid as they should be. It will be fixed.
    - Dodge system looks and works good.
    - Geralt might use the enviroment in fights. For example he can destroy a hive with the crossbow and bees might attack his opponents.
    - Geralt was also fighting werewolf.
    - There is day/night cycle for monsters. Some of them will spawn only at night.
    - Each small quest was unique and interesting. There are choices to make that will drastically affect the outcome of the quest/conversation.
    - Geralt's "backpack" resambles the one from Diablo (or Deus Ex?). It's a grid panel with items that occupy one or few grids.
    - Geralt can swim. There's great underwater world (caves etc.) to explore.

*Sorry for hundreds of mistakes. I just don't have the time to correct this right now.

Cool, thanks. I'm glad to see the grid-based inventory back -- inventory tetris might not be the best thing ever but it's still better and more involving than a slow, mouse-unfriendly list.
    Hoping the monsters spawning locally won't be used excessively, I'd hate for the game to turn into Final Fantasy.

I especially love the gamespot demo, the Johnny character is very good and the interviewer even had intelligent questions.

Geralt has Focus now. Hooray! Doesn't look like it's linked to a potion, either. Man, I wish the non-automated brewing mechanics from the first game were back. And combat looks more generic as well, don't know if that can be fixed by making it "fluid". But before anyone calls me a naysayer, I'm really looking forward to this. And I've read the books in German because we have translations.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast