TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: upversive

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by htmlsam View Post
    What do you mean about level 3?
    Seriously?

Good point. I was thinking about that inventory issue also. Even if System Shock 2 was a bit more dull in therms of scenery if you ask me

Assuming that you enter a time machine and "dark camelot" was beeing made, what features would you sugest?
    Im hoping to upload a small cenario atmosphere in a couple of days, since the multiplayer and animations are
    beeing worked upon.

Interesting. Do you have any gameplay implemented, or is it just assets so far?

Exactly.

Both are connected im afraid Yes, tests are beeing made, too see what can be done in therms of cenario and gameplay.
    What makes sense, what are the boundaries of the unity engine, the usual equilibrium between imagination and the tools
    of the technology. Im Glad of the appreciation, im quite happy with some parts of the sets, even if more work is needed.

At some point, there has got to be some sort of visual "stealth system" implemented. It is rather simple in concept, so get busy. I personally have seen enough of how the basic movement and graphics are, and am pleased. It reminds me of Wizardry VIII and Ultima IX in spots. Now lets see some kind of Light Gem that the guards react to, or anything you can think of to make this a hide in the shadows game, as opposed to a run through cool looking environments game.

Im testing the dilema between in screen information and immersion. Immersion was the key of my pleasure of playing Thief, soo im trying to go even further and try to emulate "a living world" The concept of shadows is a key component, soo expect the environments to reflect that dinamic, im not only searching for eye candy, i prefer gameplay over graphics, fused into a envolving story that keeps the player interested in the mistery.
    The next update will be more self explanatory i hope

I have to ask, what does 'upversive' mean?

You have to play the game to understand

You have to play the game to understand
    Really? You should be able to explain it.

I'm getting the sense that you're biting off a bit more than you can chew here. I hope I'm wrong, but right now all I'm seeing is "Look at these models I've posed in the Unity Engine, game mechanics come later".

Not quite, in unity you do both at the same time Besides i feel that a sense of mistery is essential, soo that the player can unveil it
    Nowdays that mistique is kind of lost. Im working to a visual playable part, soo expect a more self explanatory update :P

Besides i feel that a sense of mistery is essential, soo that the player can unveil it
    Nowdays that mistique is kind of lost.
    To be fair, while titles like 'Doom', 'Quake', and 'Half-Life' are not necessarily the most indicative of the gameplay, they're at least English words.

If you're a non-native speaker, a wordplay that might work for you might seem totally strange and nonsensical to a native speaker. I would really try to explain to someone else how "upversive" connects to the game's plot/gameplay/etc, and see what they think. Preferably try it on multiple people.

And really, there's no need to stay quiet about the game's plot here- you've already posted it on ModDB:

"After the Templars Purge by the Pope, the Banking System collapsed.
    People lost everything and citys fallen into a spiral of pillaging, madness and violence. As a omen of doom, the dark plague followed and the survivors scattered. No one trusted anyone. In the mist of desperation, tales about a safe place emerged, a small village hidden in the mountains, far away from the brutality of man.
    Im one of the ones that arrived, only to discover that the same brutality was already waiting for me, but this time, in a much more insidious way...

Welcome to the Dark Ages

Features:

- First Person Stealth
    - Light and Sound are dynamic elements of the gameplay
    - Adaptive AI ( Patrol, Search, Hide, Climb Ladders, Interact with the enviroment, Team work)
    - Boss AI ( Hierarchy logic to simulated chain of command, it adapts to the player strategy
    - Dynamic Fire and Smoke
    - Weather System
    - Trader for trade stolen items for better equipment
    - Cooperation Gameplay
    - Immersive atmosphere
    - Interactive books"

Yes, thats the starting point But much more is revealed during the gameplay, in order for the story to be embebed into the gameplay style, the cenario, the sounds etc etc. Basicly its to enter a simulated "real" place, and to work with its own rules in order to immerse yourself into another layer of reality An alegory, like Thief was, but this time its my own :P

Those screenshots resonate with me, though they remind me more of King's Field / Demon's Souls than Thief. I definitely like what I've seen so far .

Yep, I love these new pictures. They make me feel nostalgic for the old rpg days, and wish that they were all still around.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast