TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: upversive

Thank you for the appreciation The next update will show the movable props, like crates barrels etc, and the light interaction :P

I'm confused- is that a gameplay video? Or just showing off the assets?

I didn't really catch any gameplay elements- i.e. stealth, combat, puzzles, etc...

Did I miss it?

Looks real nice, though!

Its footage from within the game yes, its an atmospheric walk around the level with some sound design, soo that the viewer can understand a bit of the mood that is evoked.
    the part with more complex gameplay, is beeing build, especificly the interaction with the enviroment, dynamic lights, puzzles, stealth, and soo on. Combat will be next, once that stage is fully tested. And thank you for the kind reply, its always good to boost moral :P

Looking really good.

Thank you nickie Any requests of anything especific that players would like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by htmlsam View Post
    Thank you nickie Any requests of anything especific that players would like to see?
    I think the majority of us would like to see what Goldmoon Dawn asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    At some point, there has got to be some sort of visual "stealth system" implemented. It is rather simple in concept, so get busy. I personally have seen enough of how the basic movement and graphics are, and am pleased. It reminds me of Wizardry VIII and Ultima IX in spots. Now lets see some kind of Light Gem that the guards react to, or anything you can think of to make this a hide in the shadows game, as opposed to a run through cool looking environments game.

Very good point I am trying a diferent method besides the light gem, some sort of immersive visual effect, that offers the same information to the player. Or in extreme do you think a person show punish the player if he dosnt know if hes hiddin in the shadows or half in between?

Southquarter.com/fms
    You should make a foggy, black shroud type thing around the edges of the screen that flashes and pulses as you move in and out of darkness.

Good ideia, im trying out several visual solutions that can fit the theme.
    The next update will be torches, doors, ladders, and crates interactivity.

No, Don't do that!...Brethren was joking...

Well i was trying to avoid using the Thief Gem, but perhaps i can have a diferent method of resolving the problem :P

I could suggest a grand solution, but then I'd have to kill you...or at least become a partner...

This looked very interesting, one question though in terms of AI, are they able to moderate the light, i.e. can they render invisibility accordingly to if they walk in shadows and render visibility under light sources?

You ask if the AI can interact with lights, and be more visible or less depending if they are in the shadows or not?
    Well the first one is yes, the AI will have the same features of the Human Team, Take torches in,out, climb ladders, interact with enviroments, he will try to mimic the player capabilities.
    Regarding the shadows hide thats a good question, thats another dilema that i have to experiment with.

Quote Originally Posted by htmlsam View Post
    You ask if the AI can interact with lights, and be more visible or less depending if they are in the shadows or not?
    Well the first one is yes, the AI will have the same features of the Human Team, Take torches in,out, climb ladders, interact with enviroments, he will try to mimic the player capabilities.
    Regarding the shadows hide thats a good question, thats another dilema that i have to experiment with.
    Yes that what I meant, to mimic the player capabilities of hiding in shadows visually.

Yes, thats the intention, that the AI emulates the Human player team

Level 10,000 achieved
    Nice progress so far, htmlsam. Good luck with programming the AI. I'm looking forward to the next update.

Thank you henke I hope the programmer can pull it off

Wow! I really like those images though I needed Gapa to see them properly. Looking good.

Gapa? whats that?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast