TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: upversive

Is the frame-rate normally that low?

since i recorded full screen the framerate is affected. I will post another video after a night of work.

While the game potential looks appealing, I have two concerns:
    1. Graphics look a little too flashy/colorful for my taste. In Thief, they are more just 50 shades of gray (jk) and 50 shades of "dark" with almost no strong colors. I'm sure it was intentional, not technology bound.

2. I did not really read anything about the lore of the game, but from what pictures/videos I've seen, it LOOKS like the main character guy/gal is thrown into hell (as a place) and has to sneak their way out of there. There are demonic symbols, lava, chains and similar stuff typically associated with hell. Is this intentional? I have nothing against a sneaky game having 10-20% of the maps/content to be in really depressive, dark and negative places, but it looks like this is the main theme of the game? Is it as it looks? I mean, Thief itself was all about sneaking in the City, all kinds of crypts, ruins, even forests. Not in fiery places full of screams, overwatched by demonic entities. For me, this is a little too depressing. Reminds me of claustrophobic FPS games where all action takes place in a single dungeon/spaceship.

good point Kristijonas, the shades of gray, sort of speak is something im experimenting with.
    Regarding the theme its meant to be multilayered, think like max payne where the monster chapter is part of the character demise, its not the main game on itself.

Thanks, that definitely sounds very interesting! Will have to look into it later.

Upversive has received Greenlight on Steam!!!

Congratulations!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Great news, congrats!

Congratulations

Superb news, does that mean we will soon get a chance to play Upverse...been looking forward to playing for months

It means that the apropriate funding will become possible soo that production can be full steam ahead!!! Regarding the playing, i am working on the demo, when its ready, here will be one of the many places that you will know about it!!! Thanks everybody for the support!!! Thief fiv... cof cof ... upversive is coming!!!

Magnificent
    I can't wait to explore that Cathedral

Thank you Azaran!!! Since Unity was upgraded to version 5, the next upgrades will be even better, because the engine it self got improvements, namely the treatment of light, and that of course brings it to date to the modern AAA games. I am updating the website, and editing the last 2 videos, they will be ready in the next few days. After that is unity 5 upgrade time!

Last edited by upversive; 3rd Apr 2015 at 02:34.

Well, that was ... an odd trailer If you're going to use it as advertisement I think you should work on the pacing a little bit. And what's wrong with the framerate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristijonas View Post
    While the game potential looks appealing, I have two concerns:
    1. Graphics look a little too flashy/colorful for my taste. In Thief, they are more just 50 shades of gray (jk) and 50 shades of "dark" with almost no strong colors. I'm sure it was intentional, not technology bound.
    I don't agree with this statement. The environments in Thief had quite a few colours, it's just that they were often soft and applied only in places where it thematically fit, like the yellow brickwork of Bafford's Manor, the greenish stones of Craigscleft, or the greenish growth on buildings in the Old Quarter.

As for the latest trailer, yeah I'm going to agree that it seems rather confusing. It doesn't tell much about what kind of game it is or what tone it's going for, all I understood was that the game is set in medieval times, and there are some tomb like locations with monsters. The framerate is too slow too.

The graphics look good though, and the fire effects aren't bad either.

I agree, the framerate is an issue, since the software i use to record full screen seems to be rather demanding. The strange thing i just compared the edited video and the utube one, and the one from utube has worse framerate ... is this normal ... The pacing seems a bit odd yes, thats on purpose, its to reflect part of the Psychological surreal horror, the next trailer will reveil more.
    Last edited by upversive; 11th May 2015 at 10:33.

Quote Originally Posted by upversive View Post
    The pacing seems a bit odd yes, thats on purpose, its to reflect part of the Psychological surreal horror
    Mmmm... it didn't reflect anything of the sort, in my opinion. Actually I thought it was just a gameplay footage where you experimented with leaning, walking and chopping up the boxes. :P

You don't need to have a fast-paced trailer to show some of the psychological surreal horror, but you need to work on the pacing nonetheless. Use less shots maybe, but focus on the more important ones, something self-explanatory and atmospheric, with appropriate audio. Also the timing between the text screens should be shorter I think. You might also review the text itself, for something more effective. "Roaring lion" for instance isn't telling me anything, expecially if I have to wait 30 seconds for the follow up.
    Last edited by Fallen+Keeper; 11th May 2015 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by upversive View Post
    I agree, the framerate is an issue, since the software i use to record full screen seems to be rather demanding.
    Maybe you can code in a recording function?

Yeap, that sounds like a good solution. I have a bunch of footage recorded, i must review it again to see if its proper. The video on my screen is good, i also suspect utube sabotages it as well, because its less fluid than the render i have done. But you are both right i have to see if the trailer makes sense, initially it was to be double time, but i decided to cut it in half, probably it was a bad choise ... Either way i always appreciate your feedback!

By the way, YouTube allows 60 FPS videos now.

i just upload it normally, probably framerate and convertions require a bit more work

*DROOL*

Wow, this is continuing to get more and more amazing!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast