TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Drymian Codex (10 Mar, 2013)

This FM... is beautiful. It's not just eye-candy, the attention to detail is amazing. It's both a nice homage to the original Monastery of St. Fera AND strikes out on its own. Also, congratulations on giving me the biggest scare/creep I've had since first entering Shalebridge Cradle.

I finished it on Expert, accomplished all objectives, didn't run into any problems along the way, and enjoyed every moment of it. Found half the secrets and was about 2000 shy of the total loot count.

The secrets I found:
    1: The Shield.
    2: Lucy Was Here.
    3: The High Priest's hideout (I LOVE how you can't spot this one the old-fashioned way.)
    4: The backdoor in the kitchen.

I'd love to hear hints from other players about the remaining secrets.

I have a couple of post-game questions:

# At a certain point in the sewer, the wall chirped and clicked at me. Is the responsible party just there for the effect, or is there a way to reach him/her/it?
    # A little bird whispered to me that Quintus may be resting somewhere within the Monastery. Any hints on where?
    # Am I right in assuming that more Hammerites are spawned into the monastery at certain points, or are some of them just with REALLY long patrol routes?
    # Is it possible to find the "rat races"?

Again, thank you guys, for a wonderful and awesome FM.

d. 2014
    where is the shrine key, i searched the captains room and the flooded room,cant find anything
    Last edited by nickie; 11th Mar 2013 at 14:11. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    @hawk:
    Outright spoiler for shrine key location: Look for a switch behind the Captain's desk, on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I have a couple of post-game questions:

# At a certain point in the sewer, the wall chirped and clicked at me. Is the responsible party just there for the effect, or is there a way to reach him/her/it?
    # A little bird whispered to me that Quintus may be resting somewhere within the Monastery. Any hints on where?
    # Am I right in assuming that more Hammerites are spawned into the monastery at certain points, or are some of them just with REALLY long patrol routes?
    # Is it possible to find the "rat races"?
    1. That sound of craymen was two things: an homage to the original (that is the general area where the craymen were in it) and a clue that there are some actual crays in the mission somewhere. I see from your secrets list you didn't find them.
    2. Scour the unhaunted part of the crypt.
    3. The only time more Hammers are spawned in is for the big battle. Other than that, there are not only some long patrol routes, but also some "walkabouts". That's where an AI will occasionally decide to go somewhere off their normal route for a bit.
    4. Nope, although the implication is that they took place in the basement somewhere, probably in the brewery since there is a rat in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Also, congratulations on giving me the biggest scare/creep I've had since first entering Shalebridge Cradle.
    Thanks, that was our hope. The conversation between the sewer workers was there solely to set the stage for that. I must ask, did you go in the haunted crypt early on or up the well first?

bikerdude
    Congrats on the release Yandros, RT and Tanner, you guys deserve all the praise thanks that will no doubt be coming your way..

Fantastic briefing movie. Who did the voice work? It doesn't say in the credits.

I'll fix that in the next update. Sorry Scott!

Oh yeah, that reminds me. The briefing movie with the Hammerite text came out a bit wonky for me, it was stretched and the text was cut off at the top and bottom. I'm guessing that's not intentional? The briefing movie played fine, though.

Thanks for your answers, Yandros. To answer yours, I went in early. Soon enough I ran into our mutual friend and I ran out like a little girl, arms flailing. No screaming, though. Went and did the entire rest of the mission, then came back and had another go.

(Craymen in the original? I just played that last week, and I must have missed a turn somewhere, I didn't run into any...)
    Last edited by nickie; 11th Mar 2013 at 15:33. Reason: Added spoiler cover

The craymen in the original were underground as I recall - been 18 months since I played it myself.

On the movie and cropping - check the readme for tips on how to make it show up correctly, i.e. how to make it not crop.

hmm.. so, going back to St Fera's again I see...
    this should be interesting..

I wonder who else caught the obscure Blade Runner and Krondor Thieves Guild references?

Yeah!!!! Downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimonhead View Post
    I wonder who else caught the obscure Blade Runner reference?
    We were wondering if anyone would. It looks like you're the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    We were wondering if anyone would. It looks like you're the first.
    Sweet!!

I'm a Cyberpunk fanatic and a Jimmy The Hand fan as well!

Awesome Easter Eggs!!

Concerning references, I found an obvious one in Storm's End Lane. I also found that Roy Baty reference as well.

I'm also glad someone got the reference already. The spelling of Roy's last name matches Dick's book ('Baty') as opposed to Scott's movie ('Batty').

And skacky, I didn't realize Storm's End was an allusion to anything until now. Tannar, I assume it's from Game of Thrones? I had no idea!
    There is another reference right there at the start as well, did anyone catch it?

There are three doors near the starting point, a dark metal door that leads into a small house, a Hammer door in the sewers, and a gate near a room with a desk and cistern control. I've only found the key to the Old Power Station and neither it nor my lockpicks will open any of the aforementioned doors/gates. What do I do now?

I assume you have frobbed the rotating valve control and made the light go from red to blue. If so, go search the area that opens up. Also, there is a clue in a book in the area.

Also, what does the "Sluice Control" in the room with the desk near the unpickable gate do?

It opened the gate where the valve I just mentioned is, as well as the ladder down to the old power station. It was closed initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I assume you have frobbed the rotating valve control and made the light go from red to blue. If so, go search the area that opens up. Also, there is a clue in a book in the area.
    Found it, thank you. And I know now what the "Sluice Gate" control in the room with the desk does.

- David

I'm also glad someone got the reference already. The spelling of Roy's last name matches Dick's book ('Baty') as opposed to Scott's movie ('Batty').

And skacky, I didn't realize Storm's End was an allusion to anything until now. Tannar, I assume it's from Game of Thrones? I had no idea!
    There is another reference right there at the start as well, did anyone catch it?
    Was it by any chance an American Werewolf in Paris?

@Mechs Delight: Glad to hear it! You've got a lot more adventuring to do.

@Shimonhead: You asking about the Storm's End reference or the other one I mentioned? I haven't seen that movie.

@Mechs Delight: Glad to hear it! You've got a lot more adventuring to do.

@Shimonhead: You asking about the Storm's End reference or the other one I mentioned? I haven't seen that movie.
    The other one you mentioned...in relation to the ground-level red window?

Ah, no. That's just supposed to be a party going on, although the music being played should be recognizable as being from Thief 1, Assassins I believe..

I was referring to the music that plays at the very start of the mission. It's "A Storm Is Coming" from the LotR soundtrack.

Ah, no. That's just supposed to be a party going on, although the music being played should be recognizable as being from Thief 1, Assassins I believe..

I was referring to the music that plays at the very start of the mission. It's "A Storm Is Coming" from the LotR soundtrack.
    Oh! LOL! In Werewolf in Paris...well I better not spoil it if you haven't see the movie... it's actually rather good surprisingly!

And I love the Baty vs Batty extra!! I hadn't read Electric Sheep in a long while and had forgotten the many diferences from the film. Disappointed in myself for missing that very clever extra detail!! I've been Cyber-Punked by a master!!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast