TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Drymian Codex (10 Mar, 2013)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Assuming you're speaking of Tannar and not me, I agree! He wrote the texts. Although the decision to include Blade Runner references was a group decision (I think it was Rob's in the beginning... we're all fans).

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I didn't realize Storm's End was an allusion to anything until now. Tannar, I assume it's from Game of Thrones?
    Actually no. When I came up with that name, I'd never even heard of Game of Thrones. And I've still never watched it. I never intended it to be an allusion to anything, though it's cool that it could be taken that way. The name was simply meant to be a reference to the sewer/storm drain management station located there. Since all rainwater would eventually find its way down to the cisterns below, it seemed like an appropriate name for that street.

Whew, "mission complete" hit just half a second before one of the amped-up treebeasts would have skewered me. (I choose to imagine that Garrett then slipped safely up onto some ledge. ) Thanks for a great experience! What really stood out for me were the pacing and coherence. With the number of different types of area involved, it might have gotten episodic or lagged in parts, but the atmosphere sustained the tension, the transitions felt organic, and the fiction really sold the interconnectedness of the different areas and characters.

WOW
    the sewers had me so uneasy I wasn't sure I could play the rest of the mission... but I've continued
    I have a list of little things to look out for, but right now I'm trying to get down to the lower crypts - can I get a hint to the key's location on normal?

Not sure where you're talking about. Do you mean the Hammer crypt?

MrMunkeepants: If you mean what I think you mean use your lockpicks.

That's where I thought he meant too but the key word threw me.

Thanks Yandros, Random Taffer and Tannar. Nice SFX effects and illuminable water, a treebeast reminds predator with their green blood. And pagan girls with bow look so sexy. Great work, taffer! Keep it this way.

Found a way inside the the Hammerite Monastery withouth using the sewers :near the starting point just slash with your sword the entrance hammerite doors, after 4 slashes both doors will open

Thank you very much for this really nice mission. I had fun playing it!

But there are two things strange:
    1. What did this lever behind the gate in the crypt do, where you need the rusty key? I thought it would open the sealed area (i.e. open the door where the warning hung), but the only thing that happened was, that this warning surprisingly lay on the ground - the door still closed. Perhaps this was a coincidence.
    2. After the battle (hammerites versus pagans) some of the spiders were... well, "broken". It seems that their legs were all fixed at one point (not at eight) of their body, and there was a strange... "line" attached to somewhere out of sight to their body. (Hard to describe.)

1. It does open the doors to the Hammer (unhaunted) crypt. But they close after a short while. If the note is on the ground then that shows the doors have been opened. If you don't go through that way but come from the monastery side then you'll see the note is on the door.

2. Haven't a clue about this.

@Pedro: Good find, I'll fix that in the next update.

@Notesthes: 2. I have no idea. Are these spiders already in the mission somewhere (sewers) or ones hatching from eggs you're throwing?

Edit
    @Kerrle - I emailed your fixed savegame back to Nickie. You can also get my email address from my profile here for future reference. The only reason it should have been unfrobbable is if NVScript is not working for you, but if that were the case you'd be having all sorts of other issues. I assume that's not the case, so I'm chalking this up to some kind of fluke.
    Last edited by Yandros; 12th Mar 2013 at 09:25.

d. 2014
    yandros i still cant find it i checked he desk no switch am i in the right room where the conversation takes place the room with the flooded room leaver

No. It's Captain Standish's room which is in the basement of the monastery itself.

Quote Originally Posted by kdau View Post
    Whew, "mission complete" hit just half a second before one of the amped-up treebeasts would have skewered me. (I choose to imagine that Garrett then slipped safely up onto some ledge. ) Thanks for a great experience! What really stood out for me were the pacing and coherence. With the number of different types of area involved, it might have gotten episodic or lagged in parts, but the atmosphere sustained the tension, the transitions felt organic, and the fiction really sold the interconnectedness of the different areas and characters.
    LOL!! That is EXACTLY how my mission ended!!!

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Found a way inside the the Hammerite Monastery withouth using the sewers :near the starting point just slash with your sword the entrance hammerite doors, after 4 slashes both doors will open
    thanks,that saved a lot of time

I might be late to the party, but anyway:
    Congratulations on releasing such a fine mission!

I haven't fully explored all of the mission yet but I had a lot of fun so far. Although the original FM was nice too, this reloaded version simply surpasses it with ease.
    Well done guys!

Just finished The Drymian Codex and it was awesome! Every time a fanmission comes out, I feel as if I've been given the best present ever. Thank you !

The spider eggs proved super-useful against those pagan tree monsters or what they're called. Threw a spider at one of those 'treesters', and they both keep chasing each other in a circle and will probably remain like that forever .
    Last edited by Yamatotakeru; 12th Mar 2013 at 11:48.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    No. It's Captain Standish's room which is in the basement of the monastery itself.
    thankyou nickie

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Congratulations on your release guys ! Superb Mission !

Please a direct hint for the magic seal on the codex .
    Last edited by nickie; 12th Mar 2013 at 12:39. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by carlos schmidt View Post
    Please a direct hint for the magic seal on the codex .
    The solution is in the wall reliefs.

If you need a more precise hint, it's on the door through which you entered the room.

1. It does open the doors to the Hammer (unhaunted) crypt. But they close after a short while. If the note is on the ground then that shows the doors have been opened. If you don't go through that way but come from the monastery side then you'll see the note is on the door.
    I thought I walked directly to the gate after activating the switch (with skneaking around our friend, of course). Hm, perhaps I am wrong; or I were too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    @Notesthes: 2. I have no idea. Are these spiders already in the mission somewhere (sewers) or ones hatching from eggs you're throwing?
    Nope, I haven't thrown any egg. [...]
    Edit: Mystery solved.
    Last edited by Notesthes; 13th Mar 2013 at 12:40.

As I recall that gate opens immediately and begins closing again after 20 seconds. It also takes a good 10 seconds to open, so you should have over 30 seconds to get there. If you try again and it's definitely not opening, it sounds like you have a script issue perhaps. In that case, feel free to email me the savegame and I'll take a look.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast