TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Drymian Codex (10 Mar, 2013)

I was a bit slow once and found it had closed again.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    thanks,that saved a lot of time
    LOL. The idea is to enjoy the mission, not save time. You miss a lot by not going through the sewers, so that cheat should be avoided.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Yes, in fact it's possible some things will be broken by going that way. I know for one thing that the "Get inside" goal won't tick off until you go to one of two particular locations.

The mission is quite good.

Through trial and error I have the codex book and almost 6500 in loot. How do I get out? The gate is locked and lockpicks don't work. Am I missing a key?

Yes. It depends on what difficulty you are playing. It should either be on the guard in there or on Thorn's body.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Through trial and error I have the codex book and almost 6500 in loot. How do I get out? The gate is locked and lockpicks don't work. Am I missing a key?
    If you have the codex there is only one way out, that is to use the Lost Temple Key you find by Thorn's body. The same key unlocks a door that gives you access to the inside of the gate and then unlocks the gate as well. I don't know how you could get to the inside of the gate without using it. Please explain in more detail if I misunderstand you.

I found it as usual I missed something obvious. I only found 4 secrets. I deserves a replay.

I must be missing something glaringly obvious. I have no idea what to do next or how to proceed.

I've been all over the monastery and the sewers and catacombs (even one small section with blue torches, accessed from the sewer- but I found nothing of note in there, and definitely not this ghost it seems others have encountered. I've seen a cutscene that seems to indicate a Pagan attack, but I've found no Pagans anywhere in the monastery or sewer. I have the Hammer, the Rosary, and the Trials of St. Dismas. I've found the secret in the sewers with the craymen. I have the keys: Sewer Control, Guest Quarters (found hidden area), Front Gate, Shed (found hidden area that leads here), Barracks, Captain's Quarters (found hidden area), Shrine, Library, Crypt, High Priest (found hidden area), Old Power Station.

I can't find any place to go, and thus have no idea what to do next. Remaining doors that I've found all seem unusable aside from the gate in the courtyard. I obviously have a massive blind spot that's preventing me from doing more than running around aimlessly. Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
    I must be missing something glaringly obvious. I have no idea what to do next or how to proceed.

I've been all over the monastery and the sewers and catacombs (even one small section with blue torches, accessed from the sewer- but I found nothing of note in there, and definitely not this ghost it seems others have encountered. I've seen a cutscene that seems to indicate a Pagan attack, but I've found no Pagans anywhere in the monastery or sewer. I have the Hammer, the Rosary, and the Trials of St. Dismas. I've found the secret in the sewers with the craymen. I have the keys: Sewer Control, Guest Quarters (found hidden area), Front Gate, Shed (found hidden area that leads here), Barracks, Captain's Quarters (found hidden area), Shrine, Library, Crypt, High Priest (found hidden area), Old Power Station.

I can't find any place to go, and thus have no idea what to do next. Remaining doors that I've found all seem unusable aside from the gate in the courtyard. I obviously have a massive blind spot that's preventing me from doing more than running around aimlessly. Advice?
    A gate should have opened up in the sewer that was previously closed. Directly across from the power station entry in the sewer there's another hall where the cutscene took place.

A pity about the ghost.

With regards to the ghost, I figured it to be behind the gate or door that I couldn't frob, that something I did would open one later. It was a very small area with only a few loot pieces and a couple spiders. Was it supposed to be in that small area? Been in it a few times looking for secrets, but never found anything.

Off to go search for that gate. I remember it now, but for some reason when going into the sewers I automatically went to the wrong area and got it stuck in my head that it was the right area. As I said, blind spot of the glaringly obvious!

Shaz: In crypts with blue torches, there is a room with three steps going down on each side and sarcophagi on the floor and on ledges on each side. In that room there is a lever on the wall. That opens the gate. Then you'll have a large area to explore.

With regards to the ghost, I figured it to be behind the gate or door that I couldn't frob, that something I did would open one later. It was a very small area with only a few loot pieces and a couple spiders. Was it supposed to be in that small area? Been in it a few times looking for secrets, but never found anything.

Off to go search for that gate. I remember it now, but for some reason when going into the sewers I automatically went to the wrong area and got it stuck in my head that it was the right area. As I said, blind spot of the glaringly obvious!
    I think you might have just been in the entryway. There's a way to open the gate in the area with the blue torches.

Hint: Search the spider room carefully.
    Last edited by Random_Taffer; 12th Mar 2013 at 20:22. Reason: Tannar is Quick Draw Mcgraw

I thought I HAD searched that room very carefully. Not carefully enough, it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    @Kerrle - I emailed your fixed savegame back to Nickie. You can also get my email address from my profile here for future reference. The only reason it should have been unfrobbable is if NVScript is not working for you, but if that were the case you'd be having all sorts of other issues. I assume that's not the case, so I'm chalking this up to some kind of fluke.
    Yeah, I got it and completed the mission. Everything else worked great, no weirdness with this or other missions, so yeah, just some weird fluke. Thanks for the fixed save!

I'm tracking down the last secrets. To my previous list I can now add:

5: The Crayman Connection
    6: Quintus' Hangout

But the rest... no clue.

I've also spotted small amounts of loot in various devious places, but still only have just under 8300.

Time to have another look.

EDIT: The old "post about it and you'll find it immediately" strikes again. I've found... something. In the Drymian ruins, but I'm having trouble opening it.
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 12th Mar 2013 at 21:43.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    If you need hints on the secrets just let us know. Also, we'll have a lootlist available at some point for those who need it.

Okay, I found what I was missing in the entryway. I was so focused on checking around the coffins, that despite looking all around the doorway, I missed the levers on the wall. Sigh. Once again I fall victim to overlooking the obvious while determined to find the hidden.

I am currently in the process of attempting to sneak around blue torches. This feels so very much like the world's gone upside down and inside out. I mean, I put OUT torches. I don't stare at them in panic that they might go out. Torches are usually in the way of thieving, not the thief's lifeline. Was that intentional? To turn things around like that? I think it's fantastic, but I'm absolutely terrified. I don't handle horror very well! I got the shield, and I'm debating to myself whether I should just call my goal complete and not explore more, which 'not explore more' runs very contrary to my nature. But, horror! Fear! Terror! TURN THE LIGHTS ON PLEASE.

FYI- Yandros is the wizard behind the ghost.

All hail!

Finished, short 1350 loot & 3 secrets. And I *did* finish exploring... but it was hard!

Wish I could remember the secrets I found. I can't remember what triggered 'found a secret' and what didn't, since some 'secret/hidden' areas weren't flagged. I got everything on Unkillable Cat's lists aside from Quintas' Hangout, but if that's in the scary place I dunno if I really want to go scour it that thoroughly.

I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who worked on this FM. It was amazing!

A fun and interesting mission.

I got everything on Unkillable Cat's lists aside from Quintas' Hangout, but if that's in the scary place I dunno if I really want to go scour it that thoroughly.
    It's not. It's in the other crypt.

Ok I give up, I can't find the key to the Healing Hammer anywhere, someone please spoil me...

Azaran: That should be the shrine key, which is found in the Captain's quarters.

Exact location, if you've searched that room thoroughly and couldn't find it: There's a switch behind the right side of his desk which moves the training dummy.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast