TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Drymian Codex (10 Mar, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
    Azaran: That should be the shrine key, which is found in the Captain's quarters.
    Exact location, if you've searched that room thoroughly and couldn't find it: There's a switch behind the right side of his desk which moves the training dummy.
    Ahhh that's where it is...thanks!

Folks,

I am seeking the Trials of St. Dismas. I'm playing Hard difficulty.

I've searched the girl's alcove in the non-haunted crypt - finding the non-frobbable books as well as the girl's log, I've searched the main library, and I've searched the library above the chapel where a guy writes that he transcribes the works of St. Dismas during the day. I've found bits of treasure (nothing in the main library) but no Trials of St. Dismas. Help!

- prjames

Update: Found it! Thanks, Yandros!
    Last edited by prjames; 13th Mar 2013 at 20:06.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    On Hard, it is in the library. Climb all the ladders.

Ghost
    I cannot for the life of me find the gear. I read that it's supposed to be in the Mechanist office; I found various places in the sewer with desks, but I can't find a gear in any of them, on either side the ruined bridge. I must just be overlooking the obvious... a clearer clue, perhaps?

(Playing on expert, so it should exist somewhere.)

Gaak! Mere seconds after posting...

Total spoiler: Upstairs the sewer, where the mad Mechanist yodels and screams, in the north room, east wall, there are three gears just hanging there; one of them frobs.

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 13th Mar 2013 at 01:42. Reason: Clarity

Ghost
    I have all the objectives except for 6500 loot and the Drymian Codex. I have six secrets -- the Shield, Lucy's hideaway, the kitchen back-door, the Craymen, Quintus, and the High Priest's journal area. I'm missing two others as yet unmentioned in this thread.

I saw the cut scene when I read the spy's journal; and I understand from the HP's journal that the book is down a waterfall from the "courtyard." Alas, I don't know where this waterfall is, nor even whether I have to go down it myself or if the spy will bring it back.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 13th Mar 2013 at 07:14.

Where to go:

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    A gate should have opened up in the sewer that was previously closed. Directly across from the power station entry in the sewer there's another hall where the cutscene took place.
    The 2 secrets you are missing are in the lost temple past the waterfall.

Hey guys,

where's the Healing Hammer? I can't find it.
    Last edited by nickie; 13th Mar 2013 at 03:29. Reason: Spoiler cover added

In the basement there's a square area with electric thingies and a lever to turn the lights off. It's in a room off there.

Have you got the key for it?

Ok I'm supposed to go get the Codex in the temple (I assume it's through the iron gates in front of the church outside?), but I can't find a key for it

No, you need to go back to the sewers, to an area you haven't been to yet. You should have seen this area in the cutscene that played when you read Thorn's journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    No, you need to go back to the sewers, to an area you haven't been to yet. You should have seen this area in the cutscene that played when you read Thorn's journal.
    That place? Ok thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    In the basement there's a square area with electric thingies and a lever to turn the lights off. It's in a room off there.

Have you got the key for it?
    Ah! I found it! Much thanks!

Edit: Just finished this mission.

Enjoyed playing this mission very much!
    Beautiful story and exceptional music ambient!
    I got really scared in the infested Crypts!!!

Compliments to all!!!
    Last edited by nickie; 13th Mar 2013 at 05:59. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    As I recall that gate opens immediately and begins closing again after 20 seconds. It also takes a good 10 seconds to open, so you should have over 30 seconds to get there. If you try again and it's definitely not opening, it sounds like you have a script issue perhaps. In that case, feel free to email me the savegame and I'll take a look.
    I've tried again (the savegame from that situation was still there), and the door did open. But the lost soul was too close, that's why I was too slow to see or hear the gate opening or closing. When I ghost a mission I am per se slow.

Edit: Never mind.
    Last edited by Notesthes; 13th Mar 2013 at 11:38.

OK, now I'm stumped. I know roughly where the last secrets are, and I've found what appears to be a door, in the pool with the lever in the Drymian ruins, but I can't open it. A push in the right direction would be nice. I also managed to up my loot count, and now I'm roughly 1000 short of the total loot count.

The fact that I'm scouring every block of this FM should be an indicator of how good it is.

Oh, one more thing. Yandros mentioned in the start of this thread that this FM used new light effects for water. I'm not sure if what I saw is that, but in the pool with the lever in the ruins there's a light that turns on when you frob 'something', and it illuminates the pool rather nicely. Is this one of the new effects? Because I can't remember seeing this before. I also noticed that the water in the first sewer tunnel seems to cast soft shadows on the water surface
    Last edited by nickie; 13th Mar 2013 at 06:39. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I've found what appears to be a door but I can't open it
    Climb to the top of the ladder on the rhs (east) and look around.

:-O

After finding that bit of loot, I can just imagine what the local fence will say.

"Is that a gigantic bulge of loot in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Now to find the last secret, at least now I have a better idea of what I'm supposed to be looking for.

EDIT: Found it... or at least, the door to it. Can't open it, anyone got a crowbar?
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 13th Mar 2013 at 07:32.

:-O

After finding that bit of loot, I can just imagine what the local fence will say.

"Is that a gigantic bulge of loot in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Now to find the last secret, at least now I have a better idea of what I'm supposed to be looking for.

EDIT: Found it... or at least, the door to it. Can't open it, anyone got a crowbar?
    Hint: You got any friends in high places?

In the room with the first lamp thingie you frobbed to open the first door, go to the big square relief left of the statue and look up. You may need to climb onto the ledge of the relief or jump to make it highlight.

I know it was asked before, but I'm stuck for good... I'm to find Drymian Codex, but hell if I know where to go now... Explored whole sewers section by now and found nothing... I was in control room again (where cutscene was played) and there's nothing but closed metal door. Where precisely is location I could progress mission from?

If you've seen the cutscene by reading Thorn's journal, go back to where you first entered the sewers where the large waterfall is. To the west is a side tunnel which ends in a very small waterfall into the main sewer. Go down there, to the left, and work your way around the pipes and you should come to a portcullis behind which are large plants growing. This is where the cutscene took place. If that portcullis is still closed after the cutscene, then that's a bug and you're stuck. Email me your save game (email address in my profile) and I'll get you moving again.

Thanks for the help guys, those were some devious secrets.

I'd also like to thank my assistant, Mr. Huge Rock, for helping me find the doors to the last secrets.

it was fun translating the codex but playing it is awesome experience, even if i played it like 4th time now.

And even if i know this fm really good. I am not satisfied
    i missed one secret and have no idea where to look
    ok maybe it has something to do with St. aldan skull ??

The secret list
    1. old power generator leading to crayman
    2. sealed crypt leading to St Aldan shield
    3. crypt the Lucy hideout
    4. crypt quintus tomb
    5. Cpt. Standish quaters no sound of secret found
    6. guest quaters no sound of secret found
    7. library no sound of secret found
    8. kitchen
    9. High Priest quaters
    10. Drymian lost temple

I dont know where to look for the last one
    no sound of secret found for three places so i think these locations are not counted as secrets

There are 8 in total - 2 are in the temple. You're correct on 1. 2. 3. 6. 8. and 9.

d. 2014
    in the temple the room with the pool and laddersthere seems to be a secret room, i found a switch in the room next to it dont know what that did where is the one for the secret door

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    in the temple the room with the pool and laddersthere seems to be a secret room, i found a switch in the room next to it dont know what that did where is the one for the secret door
    Backtrack to find what that opened. There is also a switch in the ladder and pool room.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast