TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Drymian Codex (10 Mar, 2013)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    There are 8 in total - 2 are in the temple. You're correct on 1. 2. 3. 4. 8. and 9.
    Corrected.

The other ones you listed, Tom, that don't display the found secret message, don't count as secrets. We decided to observe the rule that finding anything related to the main quest or an objective should not count as a secret. Secrets should be optional, bonus things that add to the fun but aren't required. Technically we broke that rule once, on Expert, since the Dismas scroll is found in Lucy's hideout. But generally we held to it.

Note also that the number of secrets varies by difficulty. The Aldan's Shield area, for example, is only there on Expert. As I recall, there are 6 secrets on Normal, 7 on Hard, and 8 on Expert.

I'm such a durbrain.

ok so i miss the one and dont know which one, is this missing one got anything to do with the skull of st Aldan and maybe with the thing u can do to it?? This is a thing anyone will never know that it can be done

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Backtrack to find what that opened. There is also a switch in the ladder and pool room.
    thankyouyou could have warned me,is there anyway past that

Are you talking about the gas trap?

@ trudnicki: No, the skull of St. Aldan is not part of a secret. Just getting into his sealed tomb is a secret.

@hawk: As long as you left the boulder on the pressure plate, the gas trap will stay off and you can walk back and forth.

@Tom: Both of your remaining secrets are in the temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    @ trudnicki: No, the skull of St. Aldan is not part of a secret. Just getting into his sealed tomb is a secret.
    Seems like the skull is rather an easteregg.
    Makes retrieving the Hammer much easier - in case you missed the key

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnartsch
    Seems like the skull is rather an easteregg.
    Makes retrieving the Hammer much easier - in case you missed the key
    Why? What does it do? (I had the key, so it was easy enough!)

~ ~ ~

Great mission, Yandros! It was enough to drag me back to Thiefdom after months away from it. (The press of real life... ) Anything else in the works?

I ended with all the secrets and objectives and with but a scant 1,000 short of maximum, which for me is pretty good. I'm a weird kind of thief: I'm fairly good at all aspects of thievery -- except stealing loot! Not quite ready for the Thieves' Guild Bum and Droogle Corps, I reckon.

Dafydd

d. 2014
    Are you talking about the gas trap?
    yes yandros sorted that out,now upstairs with a force field stuck

Have a really good look round that room for the clue. It is in open view.

Had a freaky moment today, I just stepped into the forbidden crypt when all the sudden DING DONG! I nearly fell off the stool with fright, turns out it was just the UPS guy ringing the doorbell to let me know my new computer tower had arrived!

d. 2014
    Have a really good look round that room for the clue. It is in open view.
    i had already found thatits the switch i cant find

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    i had already found thatits the switch i cant find
    You said you were stuck with the force field. There isn't a switch.

Actually, gnartsch, thank you for finding that the shrine door can be bashed open with the sword, as with the main front doors that was definitely not intentional and will be corrected in the next update, which is coming out today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    If you've seen the cutscene by reading Thorn's journal, go back to where you first entered the sewers where the large waterfall is. To the west is a side tunnel which ends in a very small waterfall into the main sewer. Go down there, to the left, and work your way around the pipes and you should come to a portcullis behind which are large plants growing. This is where the cutscene took place. If that portcullis is still closed after the cutscene, then that's a bug and you're stuck. Email me your save game (email address in my profile) and I'll get you moving again.
    I think I missed Thorn's journal at some point, and this is my whole problem...I can't find it anywhere though I thought I was reading everything carefully...

Look very carefully round the guest quarters. That's where you'll find the journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternauta View Post
    Enjoyed playing this mission very much!
    Beautiful story and exceptional music ambient!
    I got really scared in the infested Crypts!!!

Compliments to all!!!
    Thank you, Eternauta. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And you can consider the scare you got in the haunted crypt as payback for that door in "The Way".

Look very carefully round the guest quarters. That's where you'll find the journal.
    Aha! I missed it! Thank You, everything is clear now.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Just passing by to say I can't wait to try the mission this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Kerrle, if the scroll still isn't frobbable when you retry, please ZIP up and email me your save game.
    Hi Yandros,

I've run into the same issue with the scroll. I actually found it really early in game, but when it wasn't frobbable; I thought it must not be the correct scroll. I then went all the way to the temple and had to use a rope arrow and speed potion, to go up the waterfall and try to finish the shield and scroll objective.

I figured if I could get that far into the mission actually seeing the courtyard battle, I would be able to backtrack to finish the the shield and scroll objective.

When I went back to the scroll I still couldn't frob it. I saved at this objective.

I will email you my save game maybe?

Sure, I got the email and will fix and send back to you after I get home later.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    MrMunkeepants: If you mean what I think you mean use your lockpicks.
    I was trying to unlock an unlocked gate

I finished! I felt pretty clever for finding some stuff, then got to the stats screen and was humbled. I guess skipping the haunted crypts would lower my percentages.
    I never did find a key to the chest the crayman was guarding...

Congratulations on a great collaboration, team! I will certainly be going back in to find more loot & secrets, which I rarely do. If I play on normal can I get the harder difficulty level items, or have they been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    If I play on normal can I get the harder difficulty level items...?
    No. St. Aldan's shield is only available as a quest item on Expert.
    For the crayman chest, again, use your lock picks.

You didn't need one for the craymen chest.

You need to play on Expert to get everything. The only thing about Expert is that there are a huge number of AI wandering around the room just up from the basement stairs. But I usually just stand on the stairs and knock them out as they come down.

You can get all loot on every level but not all secrets. You get more objectives on Hard than Normal and more objectives again on Expert.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast