TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Drymian Codex (10 Mar, 2013)

Darn it! Beat me to it.

But yours was more thorough.

Well I like the complete opposite of what d3bug wants in a mission. I like to play on Normal and have fewer AI to deal with but I also like to be able to go everywhere and do and get everything (except loot) that you can on Expert. I thought MrM might be similar and want to know what's what.

You can also ghost this mission really good with some patience (except after the battle, lol - but then again there is a shadowed path to the side exit). That is very nice! I really like playing it this way, thank you for this.

The bit after the battle is pretty much the only bit I ghost. But yes, you should be able to ghost it - Peter Smith and Tannar are expert ghosters. I don't know whether the others are or not.

I am running in circles in the temple trying to find second secret but i cant where to look. i have found the one in pool in the room with two high ladders where is the second one ??

In the second room you come to in the temple, around the walls - this is the room with the slope up. Then go back to the water and have a look round there.

that was hell of the secret i bet no one will find it without clue i was expecting something is behind that thing in a water but i didnt expect the swith to be so far away form it brilliant

well.... nice reboot on the original St Fera mission.. (which I played a week or so before hearing of this one)
    one word of advice.... get the hammer FIRST before looking for the Codex.. otherwise you're going to have a HELL of a time getting the hammer with the pagans attacking the place..

finally got everything i can rest now. peace

Whew! That was cool.

spoiler:
    I had a successful ghost/ironman going until I got to the spot just outside the barracks door. Real life distracted me for a moment and all of a sudden a whole bunch of hammers were right on top of me. The survival instinct kicked in and I KO'd four hammers and nicked two or three keys in like two seconds. Not wanting to reload and spoil my ironman run, I ducked inside the barracks door and doused the closest torch creating a nice big dark spot to stack up my buddies

In the end I was able to ironman the whole mission as my innate sense of where you taffers put traps served me well. MISSED ME!

I did miss half the secrets and about 3k in loot but I did manage to kill the new and improved tree beasts before taking a powder. I had a nice look around the out of game perimeter, KO'd the slow walking man, went through his house and the game ended as I came out the back door. Big room brush there eh?

Thanks for the birthday present!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I was wondering how many people ran into the gas trap the first time through. Glad it didn't ruin your iron man run.

My favorite way to play the ending is to go into the kitchen, upstairs in the barracks to the room there the archer was, and watch the battle from both windows. If you lock both barracks doors downstairs, no one can come up there in pursuit if they see you. My favorite thing to do is lob spider eggs down into the fray, and use up my fire arrows and broadheads.

Quote Originally Posted by trudnicki View Post
    that was hell of the secret i bet no one will find it without clue i was expecting something is behind that thing in a water but i didnt expect the swith to be so far away form it brilliant
    Well, Yandros has always been evil - he just hides it well.

That was a fun mission. Thanks, guys!

Played in Expert and had no real trouble. Got a little stuck trying to get through the sewers, but eventually found the key I was missing to proceed. Did the (haunted) crypt later - never did figure out how to open the way between the cathedral and the sealed crypt, so I had to run around. I read here you can do it earlier but I couldn't figure out how to get back to where the door was for a fair while.

Got a little stumped in the entryway of the haunted crypt. . .flipped the switch, and couldn't figure out why the door beside it didn't open. Finally went back up and realized the gate was open. Doh. lol Didn't find it nearly as spooky down there as I expected. . .there were good clues to follow, so as long as I didn't rush, I did ok. (Did get caught a few times. . .knocking a few off my health. More because it was in those 'side' spaces between torches or I paused in a place I thought was safe and. . .wasn't.)

Also ran into a little trouble when it came to finding the lost temple. But another visit here prompted me to look where I thought I had already looked. . .and off I went again. So all in all I did pretty good.

Ended up with *barely* enough loot. I might have been able to get more if I'd been willing to scour the crypts a bit more, but mainly I just wanted out of there. lol They weren't bad, but all that dodging was a bit exhausting and I didn't want to knock everyone out this time. I was playing a semi-ghost this round. I don't always like the feeling of the place when you knock everyone out - I like the 'life' thats around you while you sneak around. But I did have to thin out some of the patrols so I could get through. Then of course, half of thats 'undone' for you later, but oh well. lol

The question I had though. . .

When going through the crypt the first time, we keep catching glimpses of the girl, Lucy. But when we get up to her space, there's no sign of her. But no indication of what happened to her? Also, she seemed sort of see-through when I saw her. Was she a ghost too?

I don't think I got all the secrets. But thats ok. I got some and that leave some new discoveries for another play-through later. Great job!

One goal left that i have, where can i find the drymian codex?

Russ: when you update this mission check also other wooden doors that can be opened using the sword

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    One goal left that i have, where can i find the drymian codex?
    Did you get to the underground temple?

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Did you get to the underground temple?
    Yes i did, what am i missing in the underground temple?
    Last edited by Tannar; 14th Mar 2013 at 21:00. Reason: added spoiker cover

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Yes i did, what am i missing in the underground temple?
    Spoiler that, please.

The Codex is there in plain sight at the top. Although it's surrounded by a protective force field.

Are you sure you got to the temple? With all the Cthulhu reliefs?
    Last edited by Tannar; 14th Mar 2013 at 21:01. Reason: added spoiker cover to quoted text

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I was wondering how many people ran into the gas trap the first time through.
    I ...kind of did. I was creeping along oh-so-carefully because I knew something was up. When the area got sealed, I was lucky enough to be in a safe spot (the corners, where you have a lovely view of green gas inches from your face). I didn't even think about placing the rock until I'd been through there several times during my back-and-forth scouring-for-secrets session, so I got several, ahem, close-up views.

Terrific new mission, you clever people, YOU. Enjoying it so much even if it is way too dark for me (not your fault.)

I have found the Drymian Codex, and clever me?, escaped the gas chamber with you-know-what. But, not so clever me, can't figure out how to break the force field around the Codex. Thought I knew all of the 'tricks' of the trade.
    Please help me out here. Playing on Easy the first time through.
    Last edited by Tannar; 14th Mar 2013 at 21:01. Reason: added spoiker cover

Look around that room closely. The clue to solving it is literally staring you in the face. It is not hidden at all.
    I'm glad you're enjoying the mission.

All my taffing about in this FM has led me to find ONE point of criticism, and it's not a very big one, although I noticed it instantly.

When you fall down the waterfall into a pool of water, I looked around and immediately asked... where does all the water go from there? The water flow is strong enough that it should have risen a couple of feet just from when you start playing the mission until you reach this point. There is no visible "exit" for the water at the bottom of the waterfall.

And no, I wasn't caught by the gas trap.

Also, Yandros mentioned using fire arrows... are they available on Expert? Because I must have missed them.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    On Expert there is one fire arrow, in the foundry in the little square pool of lava where the stream goes into it. On Normal there are three there.

Good catch on the where does the water go thing at the bottom of the waterfall. I'll just blame Rob since he built that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I'll just blame Rob since he built that area.
    Taffer.

I meant to build a small tunnel the player can't fit through in there, but forgot about it.

Ghost

Ghosting

Actually... I found the ghosting part a bit too easy, especially as I don't Ironman missions. It would have been kind of cool if you had to do a few totally crazy things in order to ghost it successfully; you fail some area fifteen times, and then finally figure out how to pull it off. That's what ghosters live for!

Dafydd

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast