TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Drymian Codex (10 Mar, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Elentari View Post
    never did figure out how to open the way between the cathedral and the sealed crypt
    I have played the mission many times, and I have never heard of such a route. If it exists, I would like to know about it. There is a route from the haunted crypt into the normal crypt, but not the reverse.

By "cathedral" I assume she means the chapel. There is no route between the chapel and the crypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Spoiler that, please.

The Codex is there in plain sight at the top. Although it's surrounded by a protective force field.

Are you sure you got to the temple? With all the Cthulhu reliefs?
    Sorry, i am actually at the Crypt, how do i get acess to the temple?

I have completed every objective except the shield, and now I can't get out of the Cthulhu temple since I don't have the key to the iron grate door. Where's this "Lost Temple Key" some of you guys mentioned earlier?

Oh, and where was I supposed to use the gear, while we're at it? Hints please?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Sorry, i am actually at the Crypt, how do i get acess to the temple?
    That will come later. You need to get into the monastery first.

Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    I have completed every objective except the shield, and now I can't get out of the Cthulhu temple since I don't have the key to the iron grate door. Where's this "Lost Temple Key" some of you guys mentioned earlier?

Oh, and where was I supposed to use the gear, while we're at it? Hints please?
    If you got into the Codex Room through a window then you have to go back to the start of the temple and make your way up to the Codex room that way. Then you'll be able to get the key.

The gear was for use in the haunted crypt to get the shield.

If you got into the Codex Room through a window then you have to go back to the start of the temple and make your way up to the Codex room that way. Then you'll be able to get the key.

The gear was for use in the haunted crypt to get the shield.
    Thanks, but neither of those hints helped me much, since a) I've already looked through the entire crypt a hundred times for a place to use the gear, and b) I can't find any other way into the Codex room except through the window. What do you mean by "start of the temple"? The only place I haven't been to is an unreachable balcony in the room with the collapsed doorway and the two ladders.

I know I must be really blind not to be able to find these things, but could I get a more specific hint?

There are two crypts, a haunted and an unhaunted. The place for the gear is in the haunted. Access to the haunted crypt is through the sewers.

In the temple, you need to have a good look at the pool in that room with the 2 ladders.

Thanks Nickie, but ive been already at the monastry, what am i missing there?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Pedro, it sounds like you need to explore the Guest Quarters in detail. That's in the basement where all the priests' rooms are.

Holy Crap, this mission looks good. Thanks to all who had a hand in it. I'm still amazed at how far Thief II has come.

Can't get the codex.Can see the picture of "squid face" with an indention to the right, looks like maybe for a switch,but is empty.
    Last edited by nickie; 15th Mar 2013 at 13:34. Reason: Spoiler cover added

There is no switch.

Hint. The answer is in plain sight. You are looking in the right sort of area.

Archivist
    Congratulations with the release, folks It's great to see this project finally released.

@poronty

I don't understand your reply above. As I understand it, you say you got the codex, but you do not know where the temple is, and then you mention using a key in the crypt.

Did the codex objective check off? If not, you do not have it. The lost temple must be entered by way of the waterfall in the sewer, where the pagans are. If you got to the codex another way, please explain exactly how you did it. There is no access to the codex from a crypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Pedro, it sounds like you need to explore the Guest Quarters in detail. That's in the basement where all the priests' rooms are.
    Thanks Russ

Mission Finished, Excellent job gentlemans, this is a fine team work, i hope to see more of these team project coming out again.

Nice dark ambient musics in this mission, nice design and excellent gameplay with a entertainig story.

I will replay this mission again in "Expert" mode once its updated so i can explore more the sewers.

Many Thanks Russ, Mike and Random Taffer for the 2 lovely hours of gameplay

BANNED
    Just wanted to offer my thanks for this excellent fan mission.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    @poronty

I don't understand your reply above.
    Thanks for trying to get my problems sorted out, but they got solved in the meantime, and I managed to finish the mission turns out my main problems were a) not noticing the upside down lever in the corner pool of the room with the two ladders and balcony (that may just have been the sneakiest placement of a lever I've ever seen! This is why I love these hard FMs, they keep me on my toes), and b) forgetting to return to and unlock the second (haunted) crypt entrance in the sewers.

This was a brilliant and gorgeously built mission! Thanks to everyone involved, and more of this please!

Very nice mission !
    It kept me busy for quite a while since I missed a few important things along the road, but that was perfectly my fault, since I ignored some hints in the texts.
    ... and after a few hours of searching I even managed to get hold of the 'bow upgrade'

Need some help. On Expert. In the upper crypts, I am in the room with 4 crypts on either side of a short walkway. There are 3 steps on either side of this walkway with what appears to be a door at the far end. Where is the lever or switch to open this door? I know it is on the wall, somewhere, but have looked without success.

I've read through all of these posts and just when I think someone is going to spoil the secret of the Codex, to get the book, no one really does. They all say: Hi and thanks ..... grmbl....... I need a right-to-the-point spoiler here.
    I know the hint is on the door I entered and I see all of these signs on the ceiling, but every time I try the item on one of the pedestals I loose health. I just don't get it.

Please send me a direct answer

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    Need some help. On Expert. In the upper crypts, I am in the room with 4 crypts on either side of a short walkway. There are 3 steps on either side of this walkway with what appears to be a door at the far end. Where is the lever or switch to open this door? I know it is on the wall, somewhere, but have looked without success.
    That door does not open.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    ... every time I try the item on one of the pedestals I loose health.
    There is no "item" involved. I sent you a PM

Another question about the upper crypts.
    1. After I flipped a switch behind a crypt, I heard a door open but due to the darkness, I can't find where. It might be the girl ghosts hideaway?
    2. Also spotted the outline of a hammer on a wall (using my last flare). What do I do with it?

Thank you, Prof.

Those two things are related. The switch moves the sarcophagus nearest that hammer symbol and reveals a secret passage.

FANTASTIC

I just finished this GREAT mission!! I really liked the new tree beasts and Pagans!

Thanx to all that had a hand in the release!! Now I need to go back and find all the secrets and loot I missed

pwl
    Last edited by Tannar; 17th Mar 2013 at 12:52. Reason: Added spoiler

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Thank you! But please spoiler the second half of your first line.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast