TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 1.20 [NewDark version 2 !!!!]

Thief 2 1.20 [NewDark version 2 !!!!]

Le Corbeau posted a new thread with a new patch for dark engine in the french forum of "ariane4ever" !!!!!!!!

http://ariane4ever.free.fr/ariane4ev...4287&start=135

Actualy this patch fix some bugs of the first version of New Dark, and there is few adding.
    Last edited by nickie; 14th Mar 2013 at 13:13. Reason: changed Sark to Dark in case of confusion by children

Nice find!
    Looks like our mysterious benefactors fixed the crouch-on-crates bug. Some people will be happy.

Changed Var: Mission Variables->"Rendering Parameters"
    ------------------------------------------------------

Replaced "Quad Sunlight" with "Sunlight Mode" for more control. It has the following options (which like
    "Quad Sunlight" only have any effect when Objcast lighting is enabled):

"Single Unshadowed" - single sample with no object shadows (corresponds to "Quad Sunlight" unchecked)
    "Quad + Objcast Shadows" - quad-lit with object shadows (corresponds to "Quad Sunlight" checked)
    "Quad Unshadowed" - quad-lit with no object shadows
    "Single + Objcast Shadows" - single sample with object shadows

Added Ambient Light Zone light levels and AI Vis Bias. See "Ambient Light Zones" section above.
    AND

New Prop: Inventory->"Block Frob?" (T2)
    ---------------------------------------

Same as the SS2 counterpart, made available to T2. Allows objects, like windows, to block frobbing through them.

Is great ! There are others add and faw new experimenting, but the anounymous benfitor is in activity ! I hope that he continue to work to have a "superdromed" !

And I was just getting used to the "1.19" moniker. Anyway, if you don't want to mess with french forums or Sendspace, you can get them here too:

T2 1.20
    SS2 2.41

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    And I was just getting used to the "1.19" moniker.
    Victory for Team "NewDark".

Guess I'm off to make another drag and drop archive. It's great to see NewDark is being developed actively. Anyone in touch with our mysterious friend know if there's plans to keep up these brilliant efforts?

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Mind blown once again. I never expected multiple updates.

Should we create a new thread for each version or do I update the 1.19 sticky ?

See the fodler "contrib_editor_demos":

New fonts for books and tutoriel to use the volume corona for dromed/thief [With the cone for spotlights]

Didn't understand even a word from that French forum, but the number of exclamation marks there said me that the v1.20 patch is a real thing. Le Corbeau, whoever you are, merci beaucoup for your just helluva excellent job !

Slightly less tormented Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Should we create a new thread for each version or do I update the 1.19 sticky ?
    Separate threads at least for the time being. There may (possibly) be things that crop up that are only relevant to NewDark 1.20.

Nice!
    By the way, the Inventory: Block Frob? Prop was in 1.19 already.

Ambient Light Zones were also in 1.19, I used them in Drymian Codex. But this is fantastic news regardless, even if it is mostly bugfixes! \O/

Could we get a complete changelog? For instance, is that 'zombies not getting up sometimes' bug fixed?

Holy CRAP! Again!?! This is awesome news! My sincere thanks to our mysterious benefactor!
    And I agree someone should post a complete changelog if there is one. I'd do it myself, if I wasn't at work.

Wow! Another update Didn't expect that.

The major add is the env map zone (We can choose environnement map by room)

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousCallersOnly View Post
    Could we get a complete changelog? For instance, is that 'zombies not getting up sometimes' bug fixed?
    Good question, Serious!

Zombified
    guess I'll have to finally finish the last set of fixes and roll out TFix 1.14 this weekend.

Here's the changelog

General:
    - fixed sky (non-)rendering bug when texture palette contained more than 246 textures
    - fixed crash when using movie_disable/fm_movie_disable/movie_crop_exclude/fm_movie_crop_exclude config vars
    - fixed bug with game dir write access test (gave false positives if game directory was assigned a custom icon in Windows)
    - fixed issue with garbled HUD text on some older video cards
    - fixed issue with crouching on crates
    - fixed alpha calculation bug on scaled bitmap particles
    - fixed bug with pendulum tweq stopping for angles larger than 32 degrees
    - fixed issue with duplicate receptrons when added by a DML file
    - fixed bug with force_ani_settings material flag not having any effect
    - fixed crash when Corona property has no texture name specified
    - fixed crash bug with "ForceCameraOverlayNormal" config var
    - fixed song sound load failure if other format than in specified song file (i.e. if file is ogg but song file has wav)
    - fixed crash when song sound file was not found
    - fixed bug with display device selection on multi-device systems (probably picked the opposite device than the default/selected)
    - fixed occasional crash related to 4096 sized textures
    - fixed reversed gamma bindings and walk forward bind in options menu (requires re-bind to take effect) in the T1 INTRFACE.CRF patch (T1.7z)
    - minor corrections to some HUD placement/size calculations for widescreen resolutions
    - changed so horizontal and vertical mouse sensitivity is equal when "mouse_sensitivity_y_scale" is 1
    - added config var "force_correct_rope_lengths" that enables correct rope length calculations (1.18 and older are incorrect), especially useful for T1 missions with problems to reach ropes
    - added "mouse_sensitivity_use_aspect" bind var to enable old behavior where horizontal/vertical mouse sensitivity differ based on resolution aspect ratio
    - added support for RLE compressed BMP images (RLE4/RLE8)
    - added localization support to FMSel (so FMSel UI can be translated)
    - added FM language support to game and updated FMSel to make use of it
    - added support for the original indeo5 codec (ir50_32.dll), may improve movie playback on slower CPUs
    - added option to use enhanced ray trace for AI body/suspicious obj detection ("enhanced_aidetect_trace")
    - added option to disable light gem ("vismeter_hide")

DromEd:
    - fixed rare mono console related bug that caused editor to hang (was remedied by enabling monolog, no longer necessary)
    - fixed a less common crash when compiling rooms, caused by newly created room brushes that were excluded from compile usually by a me-only area brush (crash was preceded by a "Attempt to get room 0 of 0" assert)
    - fixed crash bug when selecting sky surface if texture palette contains more than 246 textures and editor is using software rendering
    - fixed a couple of crash bugs related to editing the Creature Type property
    - fixed bug where loading a stripped mission could result in wrong texture assignments on terrain surfaces
    - fixed bug in reconstruct_rooms that it assigned default room instead of reconstructing the original room types
    - fixed crash that could occur during extensive UV editing when running editor with HW rendering
    - fixed so creating a new stimulus archetype doesn't require editor restart for propagators to work
    - fixed sunlight object shadow bug
    - fixed crash that under certain circumstances could occur during UV align editing
    - fixed crash when loading file at editor startup through "file" config var
    - fixed crash with Scaled bitmap particles when invalid bitmap and added mono warnings
    - fixed issue with precision select and tiny point sized brushes
    - fixed issue with uvmap_cylinder when using non-symmetric textures and rot 90 (and allowed it to be used on pyramid brushes)
    - fixed prim_special command to only allow setting valid types, to prevent more or less obvious bad things from happening (even if it appeared to work in previous versions, it could cause memory overwrites which are very bad)
    - added prim_cylinder/pyramid/cpyramid commands for quick type set and sides
    - added proper support for negative Extra Light property again (worked in T1 but was removed after), this also fixes the hot plates bug in TG Mage Towers
    - added option in Rope property to use correct rope length calculations (see modders_notes.txt)
    - added "Use Model 5" flag for random model tweqs, so randomization includes Model 5 (1.19 falsely always included it, which could break existing content)
    - added support for "Bitmap disk" particles to use the default disk texture if no bitmap name is specified
    - added support for mission (and location) defined env maps
    - added viewport bg image support
    - added lg.ini option to enable word wrapping for Editor Comments property
    - added "default_tx_scale" config var for user defined default brush texture scale
    - added option to show texture index in texture palette
    - added hilight brushes using texture command to texture palette context menu
    - added support for user configurable precision of sdesc formatted floats ("sdesc_decimals")
    - added extended option for sunlight to allow all shadowed/unshadowed quad/non-quad combinations
    - added config option "show_world_limits" to draw world limits in 2D viewports (line color can be changed with "edit_color_grid_lim")
    - increased max length for "bitmap\" images (with ani frames) from 6 to 28
    - changed room building so room brushes with invalid room types still get used, with the default room type, instead of being ignored

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    I hope this works. Here is a link to a translated page. I hope!

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...k%3dt%26sd%3da

Do maps created in 1.19 work in 1.20?

Do maps created in 1.20 work in 1.19?

Saved games also?

I'm guessing yes, no, and no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks View Post
    Do maps created in 1.19 work in 1.20?

Do maps created in 1.20 work in 1.19?

Saved games also?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I'm guessing yes, no, and no.
    As a pleasant surprise, it's actually yes, yes, and no; I didn't test everything, but at the basic level 1.20 maps do appear to work in 1.19. See the recent posts on this Editor's Guild thread.

But if you including environnement map from 1.20, and open your mission in 1.19 it will not work, no?