TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prezent by Timon

Prezent by Timon

Found this mission "Prezent by Timon" on darkfate in Polish, but i tackled it anyway, and its one of the best i have played
    Got stuck in a backyard for a long time and could not get back out through the window again.
    I found an answer on a foreign Thief 2 forum and got out of the backyard and on to the rest of the mission..

"Mission to work properly you need to within "cam_ext" clear line "new mantle" to activate the new, improved way of climbing/climbing. Award is to remove the semicolon from the beginning of the line. This change can be made at any time, of course, if the game Proper portion of the file has to look like this:"

Quote:

game specific
    ; -------------

; enable new mantling code
    new_mantle

Zombified
    new mantle is enabled by default by both TafferPatcher and TFix, so unless you've installed the games manually (not very recommended), you don't have to worry about anything.

Is that new then voodoo?

I love Timon's missions and I'm really looking forward to this but I'm going to wait for the English version although I did play the Polish version of one.

I think i heard about it being translated into english a while ago Hopefully will get it soon cause it looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    I think i heard about it being translated into english a while ago Hopefully will get it soon cause it looks awesome.
    According to Timons post on the polish forum on march 15, v2 is in progress and will include additions to the mission, as well as english videos and translation.

Thanks! I know clearing posted somewhere that it was in the process of translation but that was some time ago.

Zombified
    I do have to note that designing the mission to require new mantling is probably not a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    According to Timons post on the polish forum on march 15, v2 is in progress and will include additions to the mission, as well as english videos and translation.
    Yup, the first version was just a taste of things to come. English translation, new content and replacement videos are underway

I haven't a clue as to what I'm doing, I don't know what polish is for lock picks but I'm having a blast with a rock.
    Can't wait for the English version.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I do have to note that designing the mission to require new mantling is probably not a very good idea.
    It's possible that the author(s) and all testers had it on and no one thought to test with it disabled, rather than it being intentional.

d. 2014
    i had a go at the mission,but had to give up, i never found lockpickes or weapons, i will wait for the english version,

I gave up looking for lockpicks and carried a rock around with me that I found in the canal...chucking that at those locked wooded doors did the trick...I'm just really enjoying myself taunting the guards.
    I did find some water arrows..can't remember where and am currently..building a large frieze in a collectors room with those odd looking squares of marble that are to be found..I don't know whats up with the frobabble looking sacks...some keys I found by frobbing paintings that lit up when you went near them...great fun though.

For the lockpicks and blackjack walk over the two bridges. At the end of the way go left. There is an older looking house. Inside are two rooms and big barrels. Go in the second room and jump out of the window. There you will find your way to the blackjack and lockpicks

Is that the end with the water tower or in the opposite direction...you need to be a little more clear for me as I'm an old fart that gets lost in his own bathroom.

From the water tower go over the two bridges to the end of this street then go left

The name of the Street with the water tower is UL. Mostowa. when you reach the end of the street go left to the street Mnisi Zaulek. Then the first door on right side
    Last edited by nickie; 25th Mar 2013 at 19:11. Reason: Spoiler cover added just in case

Thanks, got the blackjack and lockpicks from the thieves...just one small question...how on earth do I get back out of the little garden area, the gate is unfrobabble and I can't get back through the window...
    Now totally stuck in that garden...why on earth aren't there any crates that you can carry..
    Last edited by Ravenhook; 25th Mar 2013 at 13:37.

You need to open the file cam_ext.cfg in your gamedirectory and delete ; from the line ;new_mantle then you can climb into the window

Thank you Firehawk, you have saved my sanity.

going to try it now

The mission requires reading the text, please wait for the translation.

Timon, your missions are great and it's kind of fun not knowing what we are doing and as it's just a fun taster it will make your next version even better.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    For the lockpicks and blackjack walk over the two bridges. At the end of the way go left. There is an older looking house. Inside are two rooms and big barrels. Go in the second room and jump out of the window. There you will find your way to the blackjack and lockpicks
    thanks will try that

d. 2014
    no need to delate any files,do what i didnearby is a room with a ladder at the top are 2 large jars,take them and use the statue bits and jars that got me back in

This is not a problem in this FM. Since the update to Newdark 1.20 i had the problem with climbing in every FM. With the changing in the file the climbing works fine

d. 2014
    anyone done that jump,to the high dooracross from the lone guard, i need a rope arrow