TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AM16's Thief2 Fixed 1.2d - Bugfixed Original Missions - Updated 2018-06-01

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Oh cool, so we can add this to all the objects then.

Time to hide behind chairs and tables

Man that always bugged me that AIs could see through objects such as turbines, upscaled crates or other stuff. Glad to see there's a property that can disable that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Oh cool, so we can add this to all the objects then.

Time to hide behind chairs and tables
    I don't think so... An AI broadcasts a vision cone (several of them actually) and if the player is behind something as small as a chair, it probably wouldn't block much of the vision cone and the AI would still see you.

@Slacky
    Did a little test and it seems that AI can see you through Turbines, at least. I'll have to do some investigating and see if there are some other large objects I should add the property to...

Thanks a bunch, AntiMatter_16 !
    Sounds pretty awesome
    Just a stupid question: it appears to me that at least some parts are included in TafferPatcher.
    Which are not ?
    And are the changes to the .mis files compatible with the fixes in TP, or are those included here ?

The most recent TafferPatcher version includes AM16's Thief2 Fixed 1.0e in its entirety. Mods/enhancements you install with it will override fixed original models included in ATF. The previous version of TP included a Release candidate version of ATF. Unbeknownst to FenPhoenix, his recent Thief2 LP was some pretty invaluable beta testing for me, not to mention entertainment. =)
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 10th Apr 2013 at 18:28.

I see.Thanks a lot !
    However, one may find this thread quite confusing whether this should/could be installed on top of TafferPatcher or whether that does not make any sense since it is included there already anyway.
    So, clarifying that on the first page would be great.
    (IIRC the TP installer did not explain in detail which option would install this package)

This is cool. I believe there's a project afoot to update the lighting to Newdark standards. (Part of Tfix I think)
    Have they started on Thief 2 yet? Hopefully not since I guess they would now have to start relighting these instead.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I see.Thanks a lot !
    However, one may find this thread quite confusing whether this should/could be installed on top of TafferPatcher or whether that does not make any sense since it is included there already anyway.
    So, clarifying that on the first page would be great.
    (IIRC the TP installer did not explain in detail which option would install this package)
    I made a note in mentioning it's included in TafferPatcher 210. I believe it's simply called "Fixed Missions 1.0e" in TafferPatcher.

@Muzman
    The missions were fixed in Dromed 1.18 and so use 16 bit lighting. After Newdark was released some months ago, I thought about switching, but I discovered that Newdark missions aren't backwards compatible with 1.18. So I decided I'd make the first release compatible with Thief2 1.18 and adhere as closely as possible to bugfix only, no enhancement, and the subsequent releases would be Newdark so the next release will be 1.1a and be optimized for Newdark and include 32bit lighting.

No, it definitely makes sense to do a regular version first. I was only hoping people weren't doubling up on re-lighting work now that bugfixed missions are here and would probably be the better ones to work on overall.
    Sounds like you've got things well in hand anyway. So cheers.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzman View Post
    I believe there's a project afoot to update the lighting to Newdark standards. (Part of Tfix I think)
    no, not just yet, relights are still on the to do list. as mentioned elsewhere, updating the lighting is not a one-click-and-done operation, as there are many settings that can be tweaked and it's not a trivial task to get everything looking properly. I did some tests, and I still can't say I fully understand how this works.

Could it mess up the game if dark patch is also used?

I'd love to install it, but I'm concerned that it will mess up my game, because to be honest I don't know how I got the game going. I tried tafferpatch and the dark patch, and I had so many problems getting it to start, that I had given up and walked away, and when I went back to the pc later on, the game was up. So I'm concerned that if I add this it will mess something up.

Zombified
    all you need is TafferPatcher, which is extremely user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    dark patch
    Dark Patch? Did you mean Newdark patch? Newdark is an updated and fixed game engine for thief some French fellow released. AM16's Thief2 Fixed (ATF) includes missions and other resources. They're fully compatible with the original engine, and the updated newdark engine. As Voodoo noted, all you need is to download and run the latest version of TafferPatcher. It includes Newdark(the updated engine) and ATF (The fixed mission pack). You'll have to mark a check box to install ATF, I believe it's labeled "Thief2 Fixed 1.0e".

Hope this helps, and if anything DOES go wrong, we'll be able to help you get it working. =)

Also, if you're afraid of messing with an existing install, do as they suggested, OR create a backup of your current install and then try it. If anything, you could restore the old mission files and you'd be back to where you are now.

This looks like a very good project. Would you like to incorporate these 'carry body' objects?

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    This looks like a very good project. Would you like to incorporate these 'carry body' objects?
    Certainly! They look really good, thank you. They should be in the next release, which will also include 32-bit lighting, and higher res lightmaps.

Thief2 Fixed, 1.1c released! Download it in the original post.

Some of the major changes in this version include 32-bit lighting, lightmapped water, a LOT of room brush/automap fixes for Life of the Party, Soulforge, and Framed. I've fixed so many texture alignments at this point that they've become a near extinct species, at least for the ones that can be aligned without major brushwork changes. Fixed the Library Apparition in Casing the Joint and Masks so it wouldn't walk into solid terrain, disappear and get stuck there forever.

Here's a list things I wrote down to fix while testing. It might be 1/50th of the bugs I fixed in this release:

Before release...
    Remember:
    -Delete the rogue questvar LibBooks that tend to appear in miss12.mis and miss13.mis

Framed
    +Add a door that swings up to the Bar in MacDonah's.
    +Add a sign to MacDonah's
    +Fix floating streetlamps and trees
    +Add some walls around the skybox border of the map, in case the player manages to escape it won't look as ugly
    +Add room brush on top of the utility building

Ambush!
    +Fixed door model with Z-fighting polys

First City Bank & Trust
    +Animate Clocks' pendulum
    +Carpet texture in doorway of the large hall....
    +Tile texture to the right of the bank teller room...
    +Wall texture outside staircase with platform room
    +Floor texture... wooden...somewhere? By room with two opposite platforms?

Blackmail
    +Library secretdoor doorway top texture is books, change to wood
    +N Bathroom on top floor automap set somewhere on the lower levels...
    +Tile Texture in Truart's bathroom
    +Dude on the table near the sheriff's bedroom
    +Sunken wine bottle in house

Trace The Courier
    +Starting Gear, sword, blackjack...
    +"Time to go" plays in gardener's house?
    +Rotate door of grounds keeper

Trail of Blood
    +Two-way portal
    +Map objective can be missed, map can be dropped...?
    +Equipment physics controls - in the stone building with circular steps
    +Garden shovel near prayer conversation

Life of the Party
    +Bounding Box on the Banner on the "space box"
    +Automap by lady louisa's place, keeper trigger
    +Front doors of angelwatch are wood can be hacked up
    +Make the front doors of angelway asplodeable with the sunburst device for fun, and to keep those that liked the original bug happy that they can get out there again
    +Elevator shaft texture in angelwatch
    +Top floor of angelwatch automap wrong
    +Texture on step in karras' office
    +Tower Front Door room brush...

Precious Cargo
    +Lower room brushes around lighthouse...
    +Subaquatic Post 1 set to shanty on automap
    +Bedroll in locker in subaquatic post 1?
    +Beds in Sub bounding boxes...
    +Floating gold goblet in sub
    +Change the huge drill's class tags to match that of the turbine, so there's a spindown sound

Kidnap
    X-Vine Arrows -> Rope arrows? - Can't fix
    +Upper left automap area seems to be set elsewhere.
    +Texture behind elevator near "With my own eyes I saw it" conversation

Casing the Joint/Masks
    +Make the backdoors open inwards
    +Fix the Mech Priestess' patrol route so she doesn't get stuck on a table
    +Animate the clocks' pendulums

Soulforge
    +Check and fix the bloody automaps

Gamesys
    +Animate MechClock
    +Candle's Materials need to be changed from metal to carpet, I guess
    +Adjust physics dimensions of the hanging signs
    +Scarecrow properties are stone... Also adjust physics dimensions
    +Lootsounds for plums
    +Fix flashbomb collision with object and AI.

Nice work!

Nice work, AntiMatter16!
    I realized you also fixed some readables... and it came to my mind to finally run my text-checker tool on the OM texts as well.
    And there is one finding which is not included in your fixes so far. May I request it to be fixed, please?

M04B02.str
    page_0: "Attention all Watch Officers

In a short time we have nearly cleared the city of the criminal element that has plagued her for so long. I thank each and every one of you for the effort and initiative that you have displayed. Now we must direct this same form of hard justice towards another disease of the city, the Pagans.
    We cannot allow these subversives to poison the minds of our fair citizens."
    Henceforth, the Pagan faith is outlawed and practitioners of Paganism shall be considered enemies of the city.

Be it so ordered,
    - Sheriff Gorman Truart
    "

The red part is not shown because of the "

Ah, nice catch gnartsch! I went ahead and manually fixed it for my copy of thief 2.

AM16s Thief2 Fixed 1.1c

in intrface folder, miss 1 has two files, but they are not inside english subfolder...?
    the game is brighter and the paintings look a bit weird with different colors now, as well as some other textures. I guess I'll have to get used to these new things. Otherwise the game has improved in many other aspects.

Yeah, I noticed the brightness in the game too. That's an effect of using 32-bit lightmaps I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    in intrface folder, miss 1 has two files, but they are not inside english subfolder...?
    the game is brighter and the paintings look a bit weird with different colors now, as well as some other textures. I guess I'll have to get used to these new things. Otherwise the game has improved in many other aspects.
    The files in the intrface folder deal with the automap for Miss1. There was a room that didn't have an automap, so I adjusted the map files. It didn't have any text on it, so it should be fine with other languages. However, I only have the English version so I couldn't test anything. Let me know if it causes any problems, and I can properly put it in an English subdir.

And yes, the brighter lighting is a result of the 32-bit lighting. I guess the increased precision makes things a little lighter, but hopefully you can adjust the gamma to your liking.

The 1.0e release, which you can still download, was rendered in Dromed 1.18, and so the lighting should be identical to how you remember it. It doesn't have the additional fixes that 1.1c has, however.

@Gnatsch
    I'll see to fixing that text next time I do a release, but it will probably be a while. I'll probably wait until a few bugs pop up, so it makes it worth my time to recreate the package, test and upload it.
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 17th May 2013 at 23:50.

Some of the light placements in this are a bit odd, but so far I think of the 32-bit lighting as being a positive improvement to the look of the game... It also reminds us all how old the textures are. Fortunately, there's projects underway for that (moving slowly, but surely).

Good job there, Antimatter!

Well, Albert, not long ago I uploaded a small texture pack for Thief2, mainly intended for missions such as Precious Cargo, Kidnap and Trail of Blood.

http://dfiles.eu/files/3llv1gxhq

I'm using it with

d3d_disp_enable_hdr

enabled, and fog disabled in video options.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast