TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AM16's Thief2 Fixed 1.2d - Bugfixed Original Missions - Updated 2018-06-01

@Albert
    Light placement has not changed from the originals. Nor have any lights been added.

OK, maybe not light placement, rather, some areas are oddly brighter than what they were in the pre-ND days. I know this was already explained, but for some areas it feels odd. I can't really explain as it's been awhile.

Really nice work AntiMatter_16!
    I enjoyed the new lightmaps.

I found a small bug in mission 13 Casing the Joint you may want to fix in one of the future versions? (It is an original bug.)
    I can't get through this secret narrow door:

From other side:

Hey, thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I took a look at that door in the editor, and I was able to pass by with no problems. However, I noticed that one of the switches for the door is on the wall to the left, and if you activated it and the door bumped into you, then it might not be open all the way, making it difficult/impossible to get by.

In my testing, I was able to get through all of the doors, but a few of them it was possible to get stuck on.

I also notice you're using the German version. I had to edit some automaps because they were missing media, or just plain inaccurate. If you'd be willing to upload the German intrface.crf and PM me the link, I could attempt to make some fixes to them as well, and include them in the next release.

[Edit]
    Here's a screenshot with the physics bounding box hilighted in blue. The door is opened all the way, and it's possible to get through.
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 20th May 2013 at 13:10.

You are fast! :-)
    Thanks for looking at this. Hm... I thought I opened it correctly, I did it twice. ^^
    Is it possible that an old savegame overwrites your changes?

Here is another thing I've found:
    The dooooooor.

Mission 12 - Kidnap:
    This control panel is highlighted but it doesn't do anything.

The panel next to it contols a lamp, which seems like doesn't have got a light in the lightmap:

Same with this light: I'm sure this one worked before... maybe it is really caused by my old savegames?

And this control panel doesn't control anything (original bug):

Can you also tweak the AI?
    Here is a stupid example from mission 12 - Kidnap: It is the aim to get Cavador who walks around the map with 2 guards. When you are standing in front of them, firing a gas arrow from the shadows to neutralise the guard which walks behind Cavador, the other guard and Cavador will not mention anything. You can then fire another arrow on the other guard, which walks in front of Cavador. Cavador then just stands there, doing nothing.
    I don't know if this is intended.

I will see what I can found additionally at my current playthrough, I'm sadly almost at the end.

(I've sent you a PM.)

Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    You are fast! :-)
    Is it possible that an old savegame overwrites your changes?
    You should restart the level if you have old savegames or you get lightmap problems etc like these. I tried your first control panel example in Kidnap and it works for me when starting the level anew.

I've been looking through the German Interface Folder and it's got some surprising differences between the English version. For instance, it's missing two locations on Miss4.mis (Framed). The miss12.mis &miss13.mis (Casing & Masks) automap changes I did used original automap resources, but the roombrushes weren't setup correctly for them. Your German version may not have the some major differences, and may take some work to get it working as well as the english version.

Actually, from your screenshots, it appears that you're using old savegames from Thief2 1.18? That would account for the mis-aligned door (because I adjusted the terrain there). It would also account for the messed up automaps, because they automaps on Miss12, and miss13 were really, REALLY bad before I fixed them.

Old save games from Thief2 1.18 missions, or the Thief2 Fixed missions ver 1.0e are not forwards compatible with 1.1c. You'll have to load the savegame, then restart the mission, and it'll working fine then.

I've noticed a few issues with the AIs in Life of the Party. The two housebreakers near the beginning and the drunk guard near Angelwatch don't have sword-swinging animations - they have the voice clips for attacking, but they stand frozen in front of you and don't actually attack. This is on a fresh 1.21 Expert save fyi.

Also - the drunk guard seemed unusually alert on my last playthrough. Having alerted him on the way into Angelwatch, upon exiting the tower later I found that it was impossible to approach him because he'd hear me walking on the dirt from quite aways away and instantly go into search mode. Is this because I alerted him once before and I'm on Expert?

I always thought the housebreakers didn't have sword motions so that the guard would see them on patrol and kill them easily if you opened the door. It does look weird though. In the demo, "Unwelcome guest" which is an earlier version of "Life of the Party" the thieves have sword motions. I think I'll restore their sword motions, but make them do less damage, and slow them down a bit".

If you alerted the drunk guard, so that he was on high alert, he likely got an alertcaphigh metaproperty, which makes him super sensitive to sounds, and increases his vision permanently.
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 20th May 2013 at 21:09.

I got trouble in Angelwatch (Life of the Party). I can't get to the ground floor using the elevator. It goes out of sight when you are getting near the ground...

Uh... Oops. Sorry about that. My fault.

Luckily for you, there's an alternate route to the ground floor from the level above it, but I'll release a fix asap. The fix will also include fixed german automap images, and some other room brush fixes relating to automaps.

I've edited both the German and the English automaps so that all the antenna locations in Soulforge are marked. Interestingly enough, the German automaps didn't even have the sub-basement. It was missing. I've replaced those with the english version (which didn't have any writing on it.) I also fixed some German automaps on Masks and Casing. For some reason, not all of the locations were there, some were out of order, and some of the images didn't cover the entire area they were supposed to. They really were kind of a mess.

Currently in progress are some *.mtl files that increase the speed of the animated textures, so that their animations are more fluid. Some of the animations have also been set to pingpong rather than wrap as well so they look better in that regard as well.

Anyway, thanks for reporting the bug, and your patience. It was really kind of inexcusable for me not to notice that. Sorry again.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if the german intrface.crf was actually the one which includes the german 1.33 patch.
    Or was it simply copied from CD?
    @Radiant, can you confirm ?
    I could provide the patched 1.33 version.
    ... and ... in case there is interest, also a couple of fixes to the german books, which where broken even after 1.33.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    Currently in progress are some *.mtl files that increase the speed of the animated textures, so that their animations are more fluid.
    Object textures, I take it? Terrain texture animation rate can be set directly in the gamesys.

Sure, I can include the books, and I can have another look at the german intrface.crf. You might as well PM me them both, then.

@ZB
    Did not know that, but they're for terrain texture, and they're all done anyhow now. Don't think it much matters either way. Can the animation type (i.e. wrap, pingpong, reverse) be set in the gamesys as well?

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    Can the animation type (i.e. wrap, pingpong, reverse) be set in the gamesys as well?
    Yes. In the texture hierarchy, add Renderer->Texture Anim Data.

In Casing the Joint, I can't see books or scrolls or any other readables, excepting those at the exhibition hall and the library. What's wrong...?

That's peculiar... What's your setup?
    Are you playing Thief2 Fixed as a FM, or was it installed by tafferpatcher? Do you have any other mods installed? What happens when you try reading something that you "can't see"? Do you just get a blank screen? Do you get this on any other levels?

It only happens in Casing the Joint. No problem with the other missions. Very simple, there are no books and scrolls throughout the mission and I believe that there should as many as in Masks (well, more or less). Maybe I did something wrong. I just copied your files over onto my tafferpatcher installation. It has nothing to do with white textures. Just missing books and scrolls (I know they are there, but they are invisible...)

The only readables in "Casing the Joint" are the books in the library and in the ballroom/exhibition hall that's under construction. Just to be thorough, I checked the original release mission, to confirm. There are no invisible books or scrolls. What you see is what you get.

However, you are right in one sense. There are quite a number of unused texts associated with miss12.mis in books.crf, and I think some more unused ones for miss13.mis. They fill in a lot of back story surrounding the Gervasius manor. Given that miss12 and miss13 were the most unfinished of any mission, it's likely that they ran out of time and the books and scrolls were overlooked and not put in.
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 25th May 2013 at 03:56.

jtr7
    "Any other" readables? It's important that that's not an exaggeration.

These are all the readables in Casing the Joint:
    M12B01
    M12B02
    M12B03
    M12B04
    M12B05
    M12B06
    M13B04
    M13B07
    M13B09

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Hmmmm.... I wonder if the german intrface.crf was actually the one which includes the german 1.33 patch.
    Or was it simply copied from CD?
    @Radiant, can you confirm ?
    I could provide the patched 1.33 version.
    ... and ... in case there is interest, also a couple of fixes to the german books, which where broken even after 1.33.
    It was a copy from the CD.

Thank you AntiMatter_16 and jtr7. Now I know why I can't read those books. As simple as that.

In Casing the Joint, the plaque above the door to the side room in the third floor foyer prints out the text of one of the lovers' letters instead of whatever it is supposed to say. It was a little funny to frob that tiny square and see paragraphs of text fill the screen though!

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Prominence View Post
    In Casing the Joint, the plaque above the door to the side room in the third floor foyer prints out the text of one of the lovers' letters instead of whatever it is supposed to say. It was a little funny to frob that tiny square and see paragraphs of text fill the screen though!
    Nice catch!
    Yeah, that plaque did exist in the OMs already, but was virtually invisible.
    In the fixed version however, it stands out pretty obviously... and the text makes no sense at all here (m13b04.str).
    Seems to exist in m12 only, and not in m13. And there seems to be no text around, which might provide some reasonable text for that plaque.

Yeah, the plaque is there all the way from the 1.07 version. I rotated it, so it's front became visible. I decided to leave it in, simply because the player really isn't supposed to be up there in Casing the Joint, anyhow. The original designers were just sloppy in letting the player get up there, and I didn't feel the need to prevent explorative players from having their fun by making it harder/impossible to explore the 3rd floor.

In other news, I've been busily working on the next release. So far I've vastly improved automaps on all levels, added German language fixes for texts (thanks to Gnartsch) and automaps. I've fixed a LOT more texture and room brush alignments on all levels among many other things that are simply too tedious and time consuming to document.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast