TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AM16's Thief2 Fixed 1.2d - Bugfixed Original Missions - Updated 2018-06-01

ZylonBane
    Oh, good, now The Metal Age can look like Unreal too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Oh, good, now The Metal Age can look like Unreal too.
    It looks better than Unreal, actually.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen+Keeper View Post
    It looks better than Unreal, actually.
    I'm referring to the visual aesthetic of Unreal, obviously, not the literal texture resolution. You know, that oversharpened, oversaturated, grainy yet also slimy look? That.

I'm referring to the visual aesthetic of Unreal, obviously, not the literal texture resolution. You know, that oversharpened, oversaturated, grainy yet also slimy look? That.
    Yes. But I'm not sure what particular example you have on your mind right now.

By the way, I'm probably one of the few people that actually like the Unreal engine so if I had to make a comparison to that it would be a compliment in my books.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen+Keeper View Post
    By the way, I'm probably one of the few people that actually like the Unreal engine so if I had to make a comparison to that it would be a compliment in my books.
    I said Unreal, not the Unreal Engine. You are old enough to remember that there was an actual game by that name, yes?

Zombified
    say what you want, but the game was jaw dropping on my voodoo2.

ZylonBane
    I don't disagree. But Unreal and Thief have significantly different visual aesthetics. Thief's is understated, Unreal's is overstated.

I said Unreal, not the Unreal Engine. You are old enough to remember that there was an actual game by that name, yes?
    I've never played it, but I've seen some screenshots. Yeah, it might be a good comparison... if I really had to make one, of course. The end result doesn't change. This "HD" mod makes the old Thief look good, in my opinion. And it's still less "overstated" than Thief 3...

Thief2 Fixed 1.1e (Newdark 1.21 only) - Released 2013-06-01

Almost 2 years old... Is this project dead or finished?

Zombified
    it's considered finished, but I'm pretty sure that AM16 wouldn't mind if someone were to take over should some more broken stuff be found - as long as the person is up to the task.

do ask though.

I'd update it if there were significant problems found. As of yet, the only thing that kinda irritates me is that there are a couple changes I was unaware of that need to be reverted. Namely the fact that AI don't cry out in pain when taking damage if they've been blackjacked. This is a bit more realistic, but it's necessary information to know when an AI is taking damage after they've been blackjacked. It's so minor though, I haven't bothered to explore the schemas and gamesys to figure out what's causing it.

I wouldn't mind if someone else wanted to carry on the project, but unless they wanted to maintain the same level of restraint when editing to keep things canon, I'd recommend they fork the project. The problem with that, is you don't want a whole bunch of very similar "Fixed/Enhanced" versions of Thief2. It'd be best to focus on one release.

Is it recommended to use together with the Thief HD mod?

@ SeriousToni

This Patch Fix here was the basis for the T2 HD mod and is already included.

Thank you very much!

Hello everyone, over the past 5 years, I've continued to work in spurts on Thief2 Fixed, and today, I'm releasing a new version - Thief2 Fixed 1.2d.
    I've fixed many many more bugs. Too many to recount, and too many to have written down. Rest assured, this newest version continues to be a vast improvement over the last release. Many more texture fixes, room and terrain brush improvement and some pathing fixes are included. As always, the intent of the patch has been to fix textures, placement of room and terrain brushes and other bugs in an unnoticable way that makes you, the player, more immersed in the game.

Please visit the first post in this thread to download the fixed missions. They can be installed and played like an FM. Hopefully this newest version will be integrated into Tafferpatcher by DJ Riff, as previous releases have.

Also, if a mod can update the Title of the post to reflect that a new version has been released, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure why my edited title doesn't show up.

I'd also like to announce that I've been working on another project: Thief1 Fixed, which unsurprisingly fixes and updates all the Thief1/Gold missions. I'm hoping to release in the next year.

Zombified
    and this tiny mod will make the few candles found around the fixed T2 levels interactive (works only with this pack) - feel free to link it in the first post.

make sure the latest NVscript is available in your T2 folder.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 5th Jun 2018 at 04:25.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    and this tiny mod will make the few candles found around the fixed T2 levels interactive (works only with this pack) - feel free to link it in the first post.

make sure the latest NVscript is available in your T2 folder.
    Modding Noob here: How do you install this mod along with Am16's fixed missions?
    Last edited by Yandros; 5th Jun 2018 at 06:21. Reason: removed outdated link

Zombified
    placing them in any modfolder will do - the MODS folder, or the T2 folder, or any other place specified in cam_mod.ini mod_path. just make sure you are not overwriting any already existing dmls with the same name.

placing them in any modfolder will do - the MODS folder, or the T2 folder, or any other place specified in cam_mod.ini mod_path. just make sure you are not overwriting any already existing dmls with the same name.
    Thanks! Could you tell me where I can find one of these candles so I can test if it's working?

Zombified
    I guess the hanging one right next to one of the arguing archer parties in Life of the Party. also bunch of more candles near the thieves where you can check whether pinching them works (should also be possible to relight them with flares and fire emitting projectiles).

the mission needs to either be loaded fresh or restarted for things to work properly.

I guess the hanging one right next to one of the arguing archer parties in Life of the Party. also bunch of more candles near the thieves where you can check whether pinching them works (should also be possible to relight them with flares and fire emitting projectiles).

the mission needs to either be loaded fresh or restarted for things to work properly.
    I got it to work by putting the files on the Thief_2 install folder, some files with the same name were overwritten though... is that bad?

Zombified
    yes it is. redoing the install would be recommended.

yes it is. redoing the install would be recommended.
    Ok, so I finally discovered what was wrong and managed to get it to work without replacing any files. I only have one thing to point out though: the candles next to the thieves in Life of the Party are interactable but don't show any flames.

Zombified
    either not installed properly or level not restarted (using the restart button).

is this patched by TafferPatcher or some sort of custom install?

Well, I reinstalled the game, and then put the files in the MODS folder. I'm using TafferPatcher.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast