TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NewDark 1.21 is out already o_O

NewDark 1.21 is out already o_O

Hey there .o/

Le Corbeau posted again here : http://ariane4ever.free.fr/ariane4ev...4287&start=150
    Rough translation :
    A thief told me one day, just before his wrongdoing: There are too many windows, I can't see anything that's happening inside.
    So I gave him more eyes.

Thief 2 v1.21 : http://ge.tt/3HKfoDc | md5 : e4a6edf0f29915517b4ce11d21f1b8e9
    System Shock 2 v2.42 : http://ge.tt/3HKfoDc | md5 : c8af4c0d5ca6673e81712e70530bb141

Release notes (cropped to this version only) :

1.21 Notes
    ----------
    This is a hotfix for v1.20 to fix broken multi-monitor support (which was made worse by the multi-
    GPU and display fix in v1.20) and a pair of minor glitches. Otherwise this is identical to v1.20.

Since the download was very slow for me from ge.tt, here are mirrors :
    T2 v1.21 : http://constancejill.free.fr/GamePatchesPC/t2_v121.zip
    SS2 v2.42 : http://constancejill.free.fr/GamePatchesPC/ss2_v242.zip
    Last edited by Constance; 30th Mar 2013 at 11:14. Reason: forgot some characters ^^'

Zombified
    looking at the changelog, probably a reference to the (now fixed, apparently) multimonitor issue.

gotta admit, I enjoy the riddles.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Com'on another one !? It's gonna be hard to follow and keep our installs up to date now

Thanks again mysterious coder(s) !

Thanks Constance - and for the mirrors.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Com'on another one !? It's gonna be hard to follow and keep our installs up to date now
    Always install the latest version. What's so hard to follow about that?

I was joking you know...

Is this a full installer or do I need to install 1.19, 1.20 and then 1.21 ?

It's a full installer, ie it contains all the files NewDark 1.21 requires. Follow the installation instructions in NewDark_Release_Notes.txt. Be sure to read the IMPORTANT bit!

Boy that was quick.

These riddles are getting silly, now. (If they weren't already...)

Archivist
    Thank you for your continued dedication, Le Corbeau!

I'm wondering if these riddles actually posess a certain meaning or hidden clue.

I guess they kinda do, the windows here obviously (considering the changelog) being symbols for computer monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Boy that was quick.

These riddles are getting silly, now. (If they weren't already...)
    What do you mean silly? I love them, they are cool!

Overall it looks like a reference to the Raven and the Fox by Jean de La Fontaine. You know, perch'd on a lofty oak, Sir Raven held a patch for Thief...

Oh, well that's pretty nice I guess. Lost on an uncultured anglophone dork such as myself, no doubt...

Awesome have to try this when I get home this weekend. Last time I tried it was horrible. I have three 27" 1080p monitors. Wanted 2560x1440 but that would have been twice as much money so take what I can get

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I haven't lost my mind,
    I have it backed up on disk.
    Oops bad sectors! Damn floppys!
    ICQ#1747197

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? nope, just some mirrors

Thief Gold Self-made 'v1.40' - http://www.saleck.net/creations/game...ds/tg_v140.zip
    Thief 2 v1.21 - http://www.saleck.net/creations/game...ds/t2_v121.zip
    System Shock 2 v2.42 - http://www.saleck.net/creations/game...s/ss2_v242.zip

Updated smoothly without having to fiddle with all my settings, very nice.

However, when I set the resolution to 1920x1080x32 (widescreen) the game plays in widescreen, but the menu and title screens are mushed to a square screen. It's not terrible, but it is kind of ugly.

How do I fix this?

Zombified
    the menu is in the 4:3 aspect ratio, because it has been designed that way, and that won't change unless someone remakes it from scratch. if you wish to stretch it, there should be an option for that in cam_ext.cfg (never tried it though, as I don't really like it when my eyes bleed).

Forgive me if this is a really dumb question, but could there be any foreseeable problems from just copy/pasting the cam_ext file from my ThiefG directory into my Thief 2 one? I have all the settings perfect there, and it would just make life a bit easier. Also, once again, this patch is awesome.

updated to 1.18 then extracted 1.21 files and the game asks for the cd? did not happened with the 1.20. What I must do?
    edit: extracted wrong files, fixed now
    Last edited by Kin; 7th Apr 2013 at 16:10.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Forgive me if this is a really dumb question, but could there be any foreseeable problems from just copy/pasting the cam_ext file from my ThiefG directory into my Thief 2 one? I have all the settings perfect there, and it would just make life a bit easier. Also, once again, this patch is awesome.
    depends on whether you are updating from 1.19 or 1.20. I believe there were no cam_ext differences between 1.20 and 1.21 so that should be ok, but I wouldn't do this when updating from 1.19. better to spend 5 minutes modifying the settings than be sorry later.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    […] could there be any foreseeable problems from just copy/pasting the cam_ext file from my ThiefG directory into my Thief 2 one? […]
    I guess some things might not work as intended if you forget to remove the "dark1" line (provided you entered it in there to begin with), otherwise I suppose it should work fine considering both games now share the same executable/version of the engine.

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I may have worded my question poorly: both my Thief Gold and Thief 2 games are updated to 1.21. Rather than edit two cam_ext files I just wanted to edit one and copy it into the other games folder. After making some backups I went ahead and did this, and so far have no problems. I'm going to go ahead and say "it worked" until I start to smell something inside my computer burning.

Zombified
    ah yes - that should be fine, as long as you don't keep the T1 dark1 variable in cam_ext.cfg (I keep mine in cam.cfg for exactly this reason).

The newer version of the New Dark patch doesn't include the PATCH/INTERFACE.CRF file needed to stop Thief Gold's menu from breaking. I put it back in in my self made '1.40' patch if anyone has any problems going from a Old Dark install straight to a New Dark install

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast