TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TG FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: The Unseen by skacky

Activating FMSel is easy as pie. You basically have two ways to do it. The first way is the most elegant and was recommended by DJ Riff:

1. Make a copy of your Thief shortcut, Name it "Thief Gold FM Loader".
    2. Open the shortcut's properties and add -fm to the text in the Target field. That's how it should look like:
    D:\Games\ThiefG\thief.exe
    modify to
    D:\Games\ThiefG\thief.exe -fm
    Then click OK to save changes.
    3. Start the new shortcut. You'll be asked if you'd like to create the "FMs" folder. Click yes.
    4. Suppress your greensy nature and click the small button with the gear icon on it. Select the "FM Archive Path..." and navigate to the folder where your Thief Gold fan-mission archives are located.
    5. Select the FM in the list and click "Play FM".
    Or you can do it this way:

1. Open the file cam_mod.ini in your Thief directory.
    2. Near the beginning of the file, you'll find the line ; always start the FM Selector (if one is present), and below it you should see the line ;fm.
    3. Delete the semicolon in front of ;fm and save the file.
    4. Launch Thief, FMSel should launch instead.
    5. You'll be asked if you'd like to create the "FMs" folder. Click yes.
    6. Click the small button with the gear icon on it. Select the "FM Archive Path..." and navigate to the folder where your Thief Gold fan-mission archives are located.
    7. Select the FM in the list and click "Play FM".
    8. If you wish to revert back to Thief, add the semicolon in front of ;fm again.
    Hope this helps.

Help, foun a gorgeous Ghotic catacombs to explore, but thereīs a fast invisible enemy that doesnīt allow me to live, anyone knows how to kill this pain in the ass? Any idea Sckaky?
    Last edited by nickie; 9th Apr 2013 at 02:08. Reason: Spoiler cover added

As far as I know you can't, but there is enough room to evade it and hide. You just have to listen carefully and time your moves accordingly. I tried whacking it with my sword to no avail.

I keep kicking myself for not buying copies of TG and T1... They are sure cheap on Ebay... Sorry, can't play this one, since I only have T2 I am going to have to order up these games one day. Sooner than later, becuase I thnk I am missing out. While there are a lot of T2 FMs out there, there is a whole set of T1 and TG I have never seen.

The atmosphere in this one is great! I love the invisible guy!

I have found the copper key and opened the room where I dropped into the crypt. Inside there are some books with some cryptic hints, but I now have no idea where to go. I also found a lever under some stairs which appeared to open something but I'm not sure what.

nicked - The key unlocks a door very close to where you dropped into the ruin. The lever opened a gate blocking a room in the main room on the same level as the lever. You may have been in there and not realized it was previously blocked off.

Thanks for the advice skacky. Didn't realise it was a TG mission. Sadly I have been without TG since an attempted reinstall, when I discovered my original disk was unreadable!

Island of Sorrow 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Thanks for the advice skacky. Didn't realise it was a TG mission. Sadly I have been without TG since an attempted reinstall, when I discovered my original disk was unreadable!
    I copy my disks to a thumbdrive,and try not to use disks much anymore. A backup system is always nice.

Finished it. A wonderful mission for such a small size! I'd love to see it expanded beyond the 64 cube limit.

Quited on this one, for as much i would like to explore more i just canīt because of the invisible and invencible Ai creature that keeps me killing me several times , well if this beautifull mission gets updated then it would be nice to remove this annoying creature or have the possibility to kill this thing otherwise it will be very difficult to apreciate the beauty of this mission...

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Quited on this one, for as much i would like to explore more i just canīt because of the invisible and invencible Ai creature that keeps me killing me several times , well if this beautifull mission gets updated then it would be nice to remove this annoying creature or have the possibility to kill this thing otherwise it will be very difficult to apreciate the beauty of this mission...
    Well, you can make it... once you figure out the schema how the AI moves.
    But I agree. A super-fast invisible AI is a pain in the ass.
    To be honest: I found that aspect simply annoying.
    Some decent sparkles or luminiscence surrounding the AI would be greatly appreciated.
    Add that and add some creepy ambient music instead - and the mission would be even better!
    Since the dead-line had been extended are more missions will come out later, you might want to take the chance now.

Not to mention that people with audio-limitations - in case there are any - are completely busted.

The unseen's speed is different depending on the difficulty level you're playing on. On Footpad it's actually quite slow.

I thought the ghost was a fantastic feature personally. Added so much tension and really forced you to rethink the way you'd normally play Thief.

Never mind my bad...was not looking that this was made for thief GOLD!

I WISH the FM author would make one for thief 2!

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    I'm not sure to understand, do you mean you started playing the first T2 mission ?
    This is a Thief GOLD mission, there is a bug to solve with darkloader, look at the first post.

Island of Sorrow 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I thought the ghost was a fantastic feature personally. Added so much tension and really forced you to rethink the way you'd normally play Thief.
    Yes I agree, the "Unseen" rocks for gameplay. It makes other challenge style fms obsolete. This game makes the player think of how he is to survive. Great work!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 14th Apr 2013 at 18:31. Reason: removed author's name.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I'm not sure to understand, do you mean you started playing the first T2 mission ?
    This is a Thief GOLD mission, there is a bug to solve with darkloader, look at the first post.
    Like I said, I did not see it was made for Thief Gold. I wish it was made for Thief 2 though.

Oh you edited your post afterward, I didn't see.

I am a little bit confused. Wasn't the author supposed to be anonymous? Why revealing the name in this thread? Or did I misread something?

My confusion aside, it is a nice mission, I think. Even if I was not able to finish it on Normal, but it was easy on Expert (except that I had to load often). A bigger mission with such Unseen would be annoying, but this small one was funny.

I edited out the author's name. Just a slip, I'm sure.

Thanks, I Pm'd Nickie about it, didn't see you were online

Island of Sorrow 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I edited out the author's name. Just a slip, I'm sure.
    Sorry,no harm meant,just anxious to comment. Thanks Drk,and NightWalker for catching it quickly.

d. 2014
    on easy i need a key cant find it[ i found a leaver not sure what that opned]

Island of Sorrow 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Search the caves,look for an upper mine shaft. Use your rope arrow to access it.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    found aspider and some crypts i guess that what the lever did,still stuck