TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Schizophrenica

Southquarter.com/fms

T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Schizophrenica

This is a thread for a mission released for the NewDark 64 Cubed contest.

This title of the mission is: Schizophrenica. Thief 1.21 is required for this mission.

The author wishes to remain anonymous (for now).

Enjoy, and feel free to comment, discuss, or seek answers/help in this thread.

Edit: The author wants to relay to all that it's important to actually read the readme file, and that it's also important to enable New Mantle in cam_ext.cfg.

Update: The author sent over an updated version (1.1) that corrects a bug that can potentially break the misison. Get the new version HERE.

Update: Version 1.2 now available, New Dark 1.24 is required. Get it HERE.
    Last edited by Brethren; 16th May 2016 at 10:56.

I'm getting an error with this - it doesn't seem to want to download. It starts and then disappears.

I had no trouble downloading. What browser are you using?

It's OK thanks - my normal separate download box thing has suddenly decided to integrate itself in the tabs bit or up there anyway. I've got it now. In fact I've got 2.

Stuck

I can not find any keys and where is thebutton that Garret says he can hit with an arrow
    I only have water arrows.

EDIT: I found it
    Last edited by pwl; 6th Apr 2013 at 13:57.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I can not find any keys and where is thebutton that Garret says he can hit with an arrow
    I only have water arrows.
    Where Garrett mentions a button there is a table. Climb on the table and look through the window on the right (not throught the window of the hut). There you will see the button. Water arrows are adequate to press the button.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    It's OK thanks - my normal separate download box thing has suddenly decided to integrate itself in the tabs bit or up there anyway. I've got it now. In fact I've got 2.
    Using Firefox 20, I guess ?

I suppose. I don't know why it updated itself though. Everything I have is set to me choosing and something I downloaded earlier today was as per usual. Anyway - I'll know next time.

Stuck again

I have found two keys and opened thedoor upstairs and went in a room where he says glad the butler is out read the journal about a key being up high need a hint on where to look

also the door upstairs would not close so you can get in the area where the red curtain is. Is this normal??

I have found two keys and opened thedoor upstairs and went in a room where he says glad the butler is out read the journal about a key being up high need a hint on where to look
    Look carefully on the right rear of the room for a switch.

also the door upstairs would not close so you can get in the area where the red curtain is. Is this normal??
    Yes, this is ok this way. ^^

Thank you

Stuck, on expert. I've been returned to the cell, now I have a long hook and a key from the water where the flies used to be. But I can't seem to use them anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Stuck, on expert. I've been returned to the cell, now I have a long hook and a key from the water where the flies used to be. But I can't seem to use them anywhere.
    Marbrien: lookunder the shack

Marbrien: lookunder the shack
    Thanks!

Eh, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I cannot get into the vent in the room with the water and the pile o' skulls. No matter what I try (leaning in, jumping), Garrett can't get inside.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Eh, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I cannot get into the vent in the room with the water and the pile o' skulls. No matter what I try (leaning in, jumping), Garrett can't get inside.
    I hope I understand right. This is a really tricky part. Can you climb up the pipes? On the vertical pipe you can climb nearly to the ceiling. From there jump to the open tube. Do you have enabled new mantle?

Quote Originally Posted by Notesthes View Post
    I hope I understand right. This is a really tricky part. Can you climb up the pipes? On the vertical pipe you can climb nearly to the ceiling. From there jump to the open tube. Do you have enabled new mantle?
    That's where I am, indeed. I climbed up the pipes and landed on the open plaque leading to the vent, but I can't get in. If I jump too close to the vent I also get stuck and cannot move. I do have new_mantle activated.

EDIT: Duh I managed it. You actually have to jump on the plaque, not walk to it from the pipes.

Edit: Yes, you have to jump. ^^

Can someone give me a hint as to 1.where the library key is and
    2.where the switch is for the secret hatch in the Doctor's bathroom is

1. Search in the corners of the library.
    2. Search in the room with the gramophone.

Several questions:

1. I am playing on Expert. I have my medical file, the information and the doctor's notes. I found a switch in the file room, and when I flip it I can hear a door open. But I can't find this door.
    2. I still don't have my blackjack. Any directions?
    3. There's a carpet in the butler's room, and none of my items work on it. How can I open it?
    4. I can see two small doors in the basement area and one of them can be opened if I frob it through the other. How can I open the first?

Several questions:

1. I am playing on Expert. I have my medical file, the information and the doctor's notes. I found a switch in the file room, and when I flip it I can hear a door open. But I can't find this door.
    2. I still don't have my blackjack. Any directions?
    3. There's a carpet in the butler's room, and none of my items work on it. How can I open it?
    4. I can see two small doors in the basement area and one of them can be opened if I frob it through the other. How can I open the first?

I am also looking for # 2 and 3

That's where I am, indeed. I climbed up the pipes and landed on the open plaque leading to the vent, but I can't get in. If I jump too close to the vent I also get stuck and cannot move. I do have new_mantle activated.

EDIT: Duh I managed it. You actually have to jump on the plaque, not walk to it from the pipes.
    Jumping doesn't work for me at all. I climb the pipes to the very top and either land on the edge of the ramp and am stuck and cannot move, or land right at the opening of thvent tunnel and cannot duck down to get through. Very frustrating. I will plug away, but 20 minutes is about my limit of tries. Sorry, it must be my system or something. And yes I have the new mantle, but it seems not to be working in this game at all. Very difficult mantles everywhere. Ladders that do not allow climbing or dismounting, etc. Getting stuck everywhere. Fun otherwise so far.

Edit - and of course, about 20 seconds after posting this, I finally got that "gong" sound knowing I finally made purchase of that ramp on the first try... moving on to the next part...

bjack I had that same problem I just kept jumping from different positions and finally got it.

skacky and pwl

2. The BJ is to be found in the pagan stuff room. Look deeper in a certain area
    3. the caretaker's carpet is just sort of easteregg, not necessary to proceed/win the mission

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast