TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview : Rocksbourg 0 (Update 08/10/2014)

Awesome pictures!

Southquarter.com/fms
    Pics look great as always DrK, you make me want to load up Rocksbourg 1-3 right now. Quick question though, won't using the same base mission for 0 and 4 kind of give us a Casing/Masks type scenario? Or will you be changing the layout to some extent?

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    But nothing wrong with fixing bugs though, with a little updating..?
    Only a missed opportunity to release something new.

You guys a in for a real treat with this one. I was fortune enough to be a part of the Alpha team and this one blows my mind... It's the "cat's meow." Don't worry, I won't divulge anything else until its release.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Glad you like em taffers

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Only a missed opportunity to release something new.
    Nothing definitive right now. I said I "consider" doing it.
    At the moment I focus only on Rocksbourg 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Quick question though, won't using the same base mission for 0 and 4 kind of give us a Casing/Masks type scenario? Or will you be changing the layout to some extent?
    That's why I've been working on it for so long, I want to avoid this scenario. It's not just a copy paste, I'm making sure each mission will look and feel different, and each will have unique areas to explore as well.
    From one mission to another you will visit the same quarter, but several changes will happen. The Mechanist technology has an influence on the architecture, the sewers and the shops will be totally different, you won't visit the same houses, details and decoration will change, the lighting is reworked, and so on...
    If Rocksbourg 0 and 4 were the same mission with different objectives, it would be pointless. Building the mission for the past years, I had in mind 2 missions at the same time, while struggling with dromed to make it work. The alpha testers played on the common base, which represents only half of what I plan to do

looks great!!! I can't wait to explore it.

Everything you touch turns to gold, Drk.

I bet your keyboard budget is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I seriously consider doing gold editions of the first missions before I release Rocksbourg 4, using NewDark and fixing bugs.
    I look forward to that day

Keeper of FMs

Absolutely beautiful, DrK! Rocksbourg has always been one of my favorite series. I've forgotten many things, but I still remember playing Rockbourg 1 for the first time. The atmosphere was great. I look forward to the new one.

It looks really great. Have enjoyed all of your earlier missions as well. This will be interesting if you update previous ones with NewDark.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    I've forgotten many things, but I still remember playing Rockbourg 1 for the first time.
    I feel honored somehow
    Thanks !

Beautiful work. Definitely waiting for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Quick question though, won't using the same base mission for 0 and 4 kind of give us a Casing/Masks type scenario? Or will you be changing the layout to some extent?
    Here is an example of the changes from one mission to another :

Rocksbourg 4

Rocksbourg 0

Same place, same architecture, but details lightings and textures are modified. The idea is to have different atmospheres.
    Btw you can see the difference between the original game (R4) and NewDark (R0). It looks sharper, there are much more details in textures.

Same place, same architecture, but details lightings and textures are modified. The idea is to have different atmospheres.
    Btw you can see the difference between the original game (R4) and NewDark (R0). It looks sharper, there are much more details in textures.
    The progression between the two is great! It's interesting how the Victorian features make the R4 space feel cozier/smaller. I think historical scope and contrast are very important in world-building, so this looks intriguing.

bikerdude
    Both look impressive, but yes the higher res textures are a welcome sight.

*Drooling in anticipation* Want to play them now! WAAAAAAANNNT . .

Not dead yet

I'm having fun with NewDark these days. I'm adding mist over water (at least I try), I'm improving particles, adding coronas to animlightpoints and omnilightpoints, modifying light shafts and such.
    I try to work on it at least a few hours a week. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I still have a long way to go.

Screens available at 1920x1080 on photobucket.

Dude, DrK, these screenshots are like paintings. Very good.

And just in time too, latest Catalyst drivers for Linux are much better now. Almost exactly on par with Windows drivers. Hope to see it soon.

Thanks Albert

I'm planning to finish the architecture and sound design by the end of the year, so that early 2014 I focus on details, AIs, conversations, readables and briefing video.
    I'd like to release it before ThiAf

DromEd Archmage
    Hum... is the bar in the first screenshot shining/reflecting? Or is it just my eyes?

It's not a bar, it's a washhouse (un lavoir). What you see is mist above water, it looks alright even though I can't really find the perfect setting.

What a masterpiece.
    Keep it up DRK.

Hey DrK, it looks like this FM is gonna be what a perfect 'Thief game experience' is supposed to be in
    my mind !!!
    Architecture in primis:
    mind-blowing...
    Good luck.

Absolutely stunning as always Drk

...and keep these updates coming!

DromEd Archmage
    It's not a bar, it's a washhouse (un lavoir). What you see is mist above water, it looks alright even though I can't really find the perfect setting.
    Ha ok, now you tell it, I see. Actually I didn't saw the water because of the mist, I thought it was an entire solid surface XD