TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Preview : Rocksbourg 0 (Update 08/10/2014)

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I don't know if I should release each part as soon as they are done.
    I vote plus one, then campaign them when the second is out.

Yeah I agree. Release them one by one. That way you'll get one of them out of your head and please the community at the same time. Especially since you have so many Rocksbourg project going right now. But the most important thing is that you do what is best for the mission. If you should play both mission back-to-back without any delay, then wait and release them simultaneously.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Just a small update, Rocksbourg 0 became a 2 parts mission due to some weird limits with newdark.
    Thing is, the first part will be finished this year, while the second part requires a bit more work. I don't know if I should release each part as soon as they are done, or if I should release the whole package all at once.
    Hey Eric, I'm with the others, release it one by one. It will get out of your hair, and you can concentrate on the current task at hand. You could, possibly, wait on the release. Release the mission when the other one is farther along. That way we don't have so long to wait in between missions. Just a thought. Depends on how far you are on the 2nd mission. What is the time frame on the second one? Still I'd rather play what you have finished, and wait.

Just a small update, Rocksbourg 0 became a 2 parts mission due to some weird limits with newdark.
    Thing is, the first part will be finished this year, while the second part requires a bit more work. I don't know if I should release each part as soon as they are done, or if I should release the whole package all at once.
    I also vote for Part 1 to be released as soon as it's ready, with Part 2 later.

Also curious as to this limit in New Dark...? I thought it eliminated every limit DromEd ever imposed.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimonhead View Post
    Also curious as to this limit in New Dark...? I thought it eliminated every limit DromEd ever imposed.
    Apparently it's a new kind of limit which didn't appear in the newdark notes. If you have more than 7992 unique render aspects, it doesn't work anymore, or we didn't find the way to solve it yet.
    We are kinda clueless on this one, it happened to Soul Tear and Sensut as well :
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142008

Classical Master 2008
    What is a render aspect? I don't recall it from the standard Dromed terminology.

Any news DrK? You still on schedule for an end-of-2014 release? Planning on Supreme Ghosting Rocksbourg 1-3 after finishing The Black Frog. Naturally I'd do Origins as well.
    A small screenie perhaps?
    Last edited by klatremus; 7th Oct 2014 at 19:19.

Cool, thanks! Really curious to see what you can come up with my FMs.

I'm a little late on schedule as the mission is a bit bigger than previously planned, but I aim for an early 2015 release, like january or february. Keep in mind the mission is in 2 parts, but only the first part is almost complete and ready to release. I've only done about 50% of the second part, so expect it much later.

A couple screens to keep you waiting (higher res available if you click the pics)

Last edited by DrK; 8th Oct 2014 at 14:51.

The second and last picture. How is that even possible?! I'm speechless

Wow this was more than I ever dreamed of! Absolutely stunning. Love the new lanterns and the mist. Those little details.

Simply amazing, DrK!

Spot on, Chris.

Thanks
    The mist is a group of particles, the right bitmap with the right fade timing and the right tranparency effect. It gets really convincing at moments. Just you wait to see it in movement.
    And the lanterns are made by Schwaa IIRC.

HOLY SH_T Batman!!! Those look Freakin Awesome!!

Awe-some. The 2nd screen especially (is that mist above the ground? Looks so seamless blends the environment flawlessly O.O). The 1st screen is also really cool, though it also concerns me - can the player get this high and see over the whole map? If so, then it looks like I can scale the end of the map pretty easily as it's fairly horizontal on the roof level, at least from that point.

If you finish it in time though, can we expect the 2nd part around the 10 year anniversary of the grand series (Nov 16, 2005 if I'm correct)?

Yes, you can easily climb that high, but it's the highest point of the map and it only covers one third of it. In general you can't see too far as a roof will be in the way, and I tried my best to make the skybox blend in with the map. And it's mist just above the water surface, it's a canal/river.

Second part will come at least a year later, if not two.

bikerdude

Simply Stunning....

Could you do a dual-monitor screenshot (3360*1050) of this this location?

Great news and great shots

Seriously, it's authors like you that should be paid to make Thief missions. I'd gladly pay $5-10 a level if I knew you were behind it. These screens are mouth watering.

I'd gladly accept your donations

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    Could you do a dual-monitor screenshot (3360*1050) of this this location?
    Unfortunately I can't, it's impossible for me to have such high resolution, the biggest I can get is 1920x1080.

And I reached another limit this evening... I tried to add some details here and there but the cells limit won't allow it. Welp, architecture is complete, 'cause I can't do anything more with it. Newdark isn't big enough for me

Sweet Jesus

Newdark isn't big enough for me
    That's just scary!

Just kiddin

I'm nowhere near all the limits and possibilities newdark can offer, except for the cells limit which is a real obstacle now. The limit is 32760 cells, and the mission currently has 32680 cells. I keep a few cells in stock to add a secret alcove here and there, behind banners or statues for example. But I can't add anymore room to visit, I'd reach the limit in no time unless I make empty cubic rooms which wouldn't blend in the mission. And I already removed a lot of details to make the mission work...

Yeah the cell limit scuppered me a few times on Death's Turbid Veil. The finished mission - if I add a single brush anywhere, it no longer portalises.

All my life I've been labouring under the misapprehension that size doesn't matter.