TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 188

Thread: Preview : Rocksbourg 0 (Update 08/10/2014)

  1. #101
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: England
    Stunning screenshots, DrK!

  2. #102
    L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Registered: Nov 2005
    Location: Narbonne, France
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    All my life I've been labouring under the misapprehension that size doesn't matter.
    For a man, it does!

  3. #103
    New Member
    Registered: Mar 2014
    Location: London
    Hooray for first Forum Post.

    I must say, This looks absolutely brilliant!

    I tried the original 3 Rocksbourg Missions and they were extremely spectacular. Some of the best Missions I have ever played.

    I really wish I could try this [ And any NewDark Mission ] but I'm a bit lost on how to install NewDark for the Steam versions of the Game... :P

    Those screenshots are really inspiring me to hopefully try and make my own Fan Mission soon.

  4. #104
    L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Registered: Nov 2005
    Location: Narbonne, France
    Welcome

    I'm not some tech genius, but I don't see how different it could be to install newdark on the steam version of the game. It's not that complicated once you know it. Just ask around for help, or try tafferpatcher.

    You should try dromed, newdark made things easier and making your own FM is addictive as hell.
    Join us, join us now!

  5. #105
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Jafaville New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    You should try dromed, newdark made things easier and making your own FM is addictive as hell.
    Join us, join us now!
    No thanks, I like beta testing... Speaking of which I'm back home in November if you need one

  6. #106
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    Good to see you bob. IIRC, there's a mission by Monastiri that refers to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    I really wish I could try this [ And any NewDark Mission ] but I'm a bit lost on how to install NewDark for the Steam versions of the Game... :P
    Welcome. Have a look at the Thief Series FAQ, there's a section on Steam installations Once you're sure you've got the game in the right place, you should be able to use Tafferpatcher without any problems. After that you'll need to update to the latest NewDark v1.22. Brethren is in the process of writing instructions for doing this manually but basically, all you need to do is download the newest version here. There are just 2 files that you'll need: contrib.zip and new_dark.zip. Extract the contents of both to your T2 folder and that should be it. I had a problem with overwriting the original so I extracted the files to my desktop first and then dragged them into my folder.

    For most missions, you will need new_mantle enabled and it isn't enabled in the latest version so you will need to do that manually in cam_ext.cfg.

    Let us know if you have any problems with all that.

    And, Happy Birthday!

  7. #107
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    ... And it's mist just above the water surface, it's a canal/river...
    I was wondering about that one as usual it looks totally incredible. You should cancel all of your life plans to focus on this

  8. #108
    Moderator
    Registered: Jul 2008
    Welcome to the forum, FireFox!

  9. #109
    New Member
    Registered: Mar 2014
    Location: London
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Welcome. Have a look at the Thief Series FAQ, there's a section on Steam installations Once you're sure you've got the game in the right place, you should be able to use Tafferpatcher without any problems. After that you'll need to update to the latest NewDark v1.22. Brethren is in the process of writing instructions for doing this manually but basically, all you need to do is download the newest version here. There are just 2 files that you'll need: contrib.zip and new_dark.zip. Extract the contents of both to your T2 folder and that should be it. I had a problem with overwriting the original so I extracted the files to my desktop first and then dragged them into my folder.

    For most missions, you will need new_mantle enabled and it isn't enabled in the latest version so you will need to do that manually in cam_ext.cfg.

    Let us know if you have any problems with all that.

    And, Happy Birthday!
    Ah, Thanks very much! This will surely be extremely helpful!

    And Thank you kindly for the Birthday wish! Appreciate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Welcome to the forum, FireFox!
    Thanks very much! Hoping to contribute as much as I can!
    Last edited by FireFox; 15th Oct 2014 at 12:34.

  10. #110
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Jafaville New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Good to see you bob. IIRC, there's a mission by Monastiri that refers to you.
    I haven't touched Thief in almost a year, I have a massive backlog to go through.

  11. #111
    Moderator
    Registered: Jul 2008
    Yes, it's great to see you back!

  12. #112
    Member
    Registered: May 2006
    Location: Bologna - italy
    That REALLY makes me want to do a total comeback to thatr wonderful Campaign!

    I loved it and surely will do it again, happy to see the project hasn't been dropped out in all of this long years that've passed.

    Can't wait for it!

  13. #113
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    looks amazing,i just hope it dont run like a slug through tar

  14. #114
    bikerdude
    Guest
    @DrK, I know RL is taking up a lot of your free time - but got any update on this..?

  15. #115
    L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Registered: Nov 2005
    Location: Narbonne, France
    Nothing much unfortunately, mostly polishing details, backstory, and working on AIs. I work on it whenever I can, and spend most of my weekends on it, but my schedule is kinda insane these days...

    And downwinder, so far it runs smoothly, even with my old graphic card from 2009. If the framerate turns out too slow at places, I'll release an alternative version without SFX particles, which were causing a few slowdowns at a moment until I somehow fix it. My priorities are both atmosphere AND gameplay, but if I have to make a choice, gameplay comes first.

  16. #116
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    drk you are amazing i wish more fan mission makers though like you,i look forward to playing it,please don't forget to add dewdrop

  17. #117
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2012
    Location: Velenje, Slovenia
    Are you still thinking about releasing gold versions of 1 and 2 before 4?

  18. #118
    L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Registered: Nov 2005
    Location: Narbonne, France
    Probably, I'm not sure. It's not on my mind right now.

  19. #119
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2008
    Location: Cheesse'n coffee Fm Tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Probably, I'm not sure. It's not on my mind right now.
    Dude. No, no, no. I can't wait.


    Good luck man.
    Love Thief witha cheesse&coffee

  20. #120
    New Member
    Registered: Jan 2015
    Wow, this screens looks better than Thief 3

    Original (ugly) character models will look very strange in such environment. Does anyone knows is there some mods which improve character models (mesh, textures) and not only static objects?

  21. #121
    d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: in our hearts
    How come that I never saw those screenshots before? Awesome work DrK!

  22. #122
    Desperately dodgy geezer
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: The Wailing Keep
    Quote Originally Posted by phobos2077 View Post
    Does anyone knows is there some mods which improve character models (mesh, textures) and not only static objects?
    No mod for players, but there are some higher poly models and a bunch of higher res skins now, and authors are beginning to use them.

  23. #123
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2007
    Location: Leipzig (Germany)
    DrK, because I am exited to play your mission, I want to ask you, if you need some help: could I do anything whats going on with sound and music (also athmospheres, moods) for you? I am musician on keyboard, piano, computer.

    Samsung S3 Neo (GT i9301i)

  24. #124
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2009
    Screen shots look amazing looking forward to playing this when its finished.

  25. #125
    L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Registered: Nov 2005
    Location: Narbonne, France
    Thanks for the proposal Sahnebacke, but I'm good for now. CloudOJD did an amazing job with ambients, and gave me much more than I could ask. I'll remember you if I need anything else

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •