TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Preview : Rocksbourg 0 (Update 08/10/2014)

Thanx!

Samsung S3 Neo (GT i9301i)

Any ETA on part 1 Drk?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Up above:
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    @DrK, I know RL is taking up a lot of your free time - but got any update on this..?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Nothing much unfortunately, mostly polishing details, backstory, and working on AIs. I work on it whenever I can, and spend most of my weekends on it, but my schedule is kinda insane these days...

Hi, DrK. How's Origins coming along? Mayhaps it might make an Oct. 31st release?

From the "TTLG Refugee Camp":

Bust it is then... :lol:

Like I've said several times, I'm slowly working on Rocksbourg 0, the first part is close to completion. I don't have enough free time to work on it constantly, but I make progress whenever I can.

Don't think I've been lazy for the past years, I've been working on the campaign as a whole, mostly its lore. Rocksbourg 4 is about 60% done, R5 is 20%, R0 part 1 is 95% and R0 part 2 is 30%.

Rocksbourg 4 was a nightmare to build with oldark, I lost way too much time on it. Newdark made things much easier and faster, but now I lack time for it... I think in the future I'll gather a small team to work with me, or else I'll never see the end of it.
    http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index...6#post-4100549

So no, I don't expect it to come out soon, but one day I'm hopeful it will release.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Don't worry, I'll release it, someday...

I spent too much time and effort in it to abandon it. Here are the "official" maps of Rocksbourg in the meantime. I've updated them since Rocksbourg 3.

Rocksbourg Plat Map

Rocksbourg Quarters Map

Rocksbourg Zones Map
    Last edited by DrK; 4th Oct 2015 at 09:19.

Pretty good looking maps there Drk! Rocksbourg looks like it could turn into a darker, more mysterious version of the City.

I would have helped you with your missions, but sadly I lack experience with Dromed.

Classical Master 2008
    Excellent map!

i like the Rocksbourg Quarters Map the most

Thank you for the update post Dev.

And amazing maps Drk! Glad you are still working on it. Weren't you considering releasing R0 Pt. 1 as soon as it was done, to be followed by R0 Pt 2 later? Thought that was in the forums somewhere but I couldn't find it...

If that is indeed the case, and it's 95% done, would it still be next year sometime?

How you did this ? With photoshop ? You begin with paper and a pen then scaning and work with computer for colors ?

bikerdude
    Looks like a very painstakingly hand drawn map - very very impressive.
    Last edited by bikerdude; 5th Oct 2015 at 18:10.

The map was hand drawn first, then I scanned it and heavily edited it. I lost the original map on paper years ago, but I found back the photoshop files I used for Rocksbourg 3, so I managed to improve it, adding details here and there, while keeping the hand made look of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimonhead View Post
    If that is indeed the case, and it's 95% done, would it still be next year sometime?
    I won't talk about any kind of release date, because no matter how it just keeps getting delayed.

DEMO

The map was hand drawn first, then I scanned it and heavily edited it. I lost the original map on paper years ago, but I found back the photoshop files I used for Rocksbourg 3, so I managed to improve it, adding details here and there, while keeping the hand made look of it.
    I won't talk about any kind of release date, because no matter how it just keeps getting delayed.
    How about releasing a quick demo?
    Im sure most of us cant wait for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeus21 View Post
    How about releasing a quick demo?
    Im sure most of us cant wait for it!

I rather wait until its all done. He said its 95% so I imagine sometime in 2016 it has to be finished.
    I can wait as long as it takes, a year, 2 years between map releases. Got nothing else to do anyway :P

I agree with Cold0ne. At this point, I'd rather have the end product. Screenies are fine, but nothing more.

Yes please show us more screenshots in anticipation DrK. Cant have enough of those ;]

more screenshots please if there can be no demo!

When oh when is it coming?

can we please got more screenshots?

and even a quick gameplay demo would be amazing which will want us all even more to get it

Sorry but at this point I won't release any more screenshot, video or whatever until the mission is finished. I feel I've shown a lot already, and I don't want to spoil everything.

when is the mission coming? non sto piu nella pelle as the italians say...

a screenshot maybe

Desperately dodgy geezer
    when is the mission coming? non sto piu nella pelle as the italians say...

Sorry but at this point I won't release any more screenshot, video or whatever until the mission is finished.
    a screenshot maybe

Southquarter.com/fms
    I'm laughing at the suggestion of a demo for a Thief FM. A briefing I can see, but a demo?

Here, we'll give you one objective to complete...