TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 189

Thread: Thief's Rising - Gold Edition : TDS campaign, 26/4/2013

  1. #1
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England

    Thief's Rising - Gold Edition : TDS campaign, 26/4/2013

    Well, here it is, the gold edition of Thief's Rising for TDS!

    @Thiefmissions.com

    As with the original version, the campaign is about a character called Reuben, who's young life takes a turn for the worse and is forced to live on the streets where he begins his life of thievery. Set shortly after the demise of the Hag, in a city on Bale Island, where the existence of factions, religeous or otherwise, has been erradicated. The story unfolds over ten consecutive, single loading, missions, in the same style as the original Thief games, with no hub or back-tracking.

    The original has seen many changes for this version, some more notable than others, including many bug fixes. The new version uses CBT files instead of IBT's, so is a much more download friendly size of 104MB. Title graphics, loading screens and a city map have been included, and German translations are provided, with all other languages set to English. There was going to be Russian translations too, but my translator has gone AWOL. Of the two extra missions, one fits snugly into the middle of the game, while the other presents a more conclusive ending to the game.

    I had an accident that resulted in the loss of the map files and will no longer be able to make modifications to the game, which has resulted in the following two, minor bugs remaining.
    Warehouse mission - Looking down the full length of the docks area can cause jittery game play.
    Nautical mission - There is a pirate patrolling beneath the ships helm that loses his way and can be found either trying to walk into a wall or standing still. The latter may make it impossible to pass without being seen, but luckily, I had added junk items to the mission which can be tossed to distract him.

    I hope now that it is a much more enjoyable playing experience than the previous release. Have fun!

    Thanks to Fortuni for his latest Walkthrough.

    If you need help in the original, unchanged, missions, you may find it in the Original Version Thread
    Last edited by Adsk1; 29th Mar 2017 at 05:19. Reason: Amended Walkthrough

  2. #2
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    Congrats, Adam!

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: Maw Of Chaos
    Congratulations and thank you very much.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Registered: Aug 2012
    Great news! Gratz!

  5. #5
    Member
    Registered: May 2010
    Location: Taffer's Inn
    Congrats

  6. #6
    So this is a Thief 3 Deadly Shadows mission ported to Thief 1 Gold?

  7. #7
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hammerite View Post
    So this is a Thief 3 Deadly Shadows mission ported to Thief 1 Gold?
    Nope, this is a TDS campaign that has been improved upon and two extra missions added, so I called it the Gold Edition of Thief's Rising.

  8. #8
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: Sweden
    Can you please upload this file to some standard Thief FM-site, getting "no file found" every time

  9. #9
    Thiefmissions.com
    Moderator

    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Houston, Tx., USA
    If only the download worked for me, I'd get it up on thiefmissions. But clicking the download link just refreshes the page. Please try to send your FM to a reliable host for such things; it doesn't have to be me but I certainly wouldn't complain if it was.

    Edit: yes, that goes for both of the gamefront links posted so far.

    Edit2: Finally got it and updated the version on thiefmissions. The link is, as usual, unchanged: http://thiefmissions.com/m/ThiefsRising
    Last edited by epithumia; 26th Apr 2013 at 12:43.

  10. #10
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    If only the download worked for me, I'd get it up on thiefmissions. But clicking the download link just refreshes the page. Please try to send your FM to a reliable host for such things; it doesn't have to be me but I certainly wouldn't complain if it was.

    Edit: yes, that goes for both of the gamefront links posted so far.

    Edit2: Finally got it and updated the version on thiefmissions. The link is, as usual, unchanged: http://thiefmissions.com/m/ThiefsRising
    I thought Game Front was a reliable host! Never had any problems with it myself.

    Anyway, thanks for adding it.

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Could you add the game version at the beginning of the thread title, like [TDS] or [TDS Campaign]? I was a little unsure at first too, since I didn't recall the original, and it's not mentioned anywhere in your first post. Edit: I now see that the thread for the original is currently just a few threads down from this one, but I didn't see it at first and it won't always be like that.

    Congrats on the release though.

  12. #12
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!
    Adisk Great job I am having fun replaying these! one question though where is the key for the cell where the Kurshok is Is there a readable for this?

  13. #13
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!

    Found

    As soon as I posted I found A switch in the room on the right at the very top of the stairs

  14. #14
    New Member
    Registered: Jun 2012
    Great news, Iíll definitely give this this another go. Downloading now .

    @epithumia: The page at Thiefmissions redirects to the old forum thread.

  15. #15
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!

    Docks

    I am having trouble finding the key or a way to get to the docks after leaving the Fence's area?





    EDIT: Found it on the big guard
    Last edited by pwl; 28th Apr 2013 at 11:03.

  16. #16
    Thiefmissions.com
    Moderator

    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Houston, Tx., USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Koning Kaas View Post
    @epithumia: The page at Thiefmissions redirects to the old forum thread.
    As it should; that thread is far more pertinent than this one. There's no point in having two threads for one mission, and I assume nightwalker will combine them at some point.

  17. #17
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    As this has extra missions, many changes and numerous bug fixes, it might be less confusing to keep the two separate for the time being. Perhaps Adsk1 could provide a link to the old and new in the first post of the new and old thread. Convoluted but I hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by nickie; 29th Apr 2013 at 02:45. Reason: clarification

  18. #18
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!

    Stuck

    I have gotten into the Dock area the Warehouse and now in the factory but can not find any keys or the fuse to turn the power on??


    EDIT: Found!! There is a letter saying where the key is

    Man every time I post I find it right after that???
    Last edited by pwl; 28th Apr 2013 at 16:32.

  19. #19
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    As this has extra missions, many changes and numerous bug fixes, it might be less confusing to keep the two separate for the time being. Perhaps Adsk1 could provide a link to the old and new in the first post of the new and old thread. Convoluted but I hope that makes sense.
    Yes, indeed at least one mission has seen significant changes that makes any clues from previous versions worthless and even confusing.
    I don't recall if there are more significant changes, though.
    Plus 2 new missions.
    And since the original thread started with some trouble-shooting, it might be nice and less irritating for players to have a clean start here.

  20. #20
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!

    Docks

    Man I am having a really hard time finding enough loot in the Docks, warehouse, factory areas. Has anyone found a cache that i may have missed? A loot list would be great!!

  21. #21
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Location: Cornwall, England
    Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Man I am having a really hard time finding enough loot in the Docks, warehouse, factory areas. Has anyone found a cache that i may have missed? A loot list would be great!!
    Can't remember the whole lot, but...
    The ship has a fair amount of loot on it: At the end of the crane arm, on the window sill outside the ships helm, and check out both of the serving areas!
    The Docks Loading Area: Inside the crane cab, and on a shelf above the doorway where a guard emerges from when you first entered this area.
    The main streets: There are two fenced off areas that you can access, both contain some loot.
    The Warehouse: Look in tucked away corners, there's also a crate with loot in, in the same room where you find the empty bottle.
    The Start Area: Around the corner on the raised wooden patio in the starting area.
    Hope that's enough to help you out.

  22. #22
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!
    Thank you Adsk 1 will have a look. Having a great time with these!!

  23. #23
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsk1 View Post
    Can't remember the whole lot, but...
    The ship has a fair amount of loot on it: At the end of the crane arm, on the window sill outside the ships helm, and check out both of the serving areas!
    The Docks Loading Area: Inside the crane cab, and on a shelf above the doorway where a guard emerges from when you first entered this area.
    The main streets: There are two fenced off areas that you can access, both contain some loot.
    The Warehouse: Look in tucked away corners, there's also a crate with loot in, in the same room where you find the empty bottle.
    The Start Area: Around the corner on the raised wooden patio in the starting area.
    Hope that's enough to help you out.
    I am still missing exactly 100 gold in the warehouse mission (95%). Do you know of any hard to find loot with that amount (e.g. like the wine bottle under the desk in the factory) so I can finish with total loot?

  24. #24
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2003
    Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas!
    I am playing the last mission and I am trying to ring both bells and get to the dagger but I cannot even get out of the church before the time is up?? I did not have this trouble on the first release!! Tried several times to make it with no luck, it seems like the time is a lot shorter??

    I will have to put this one back in the box.
    Last edited by nickie; 6th May 2013 at 03:53. Reason: Spoiler cover added

  25. #25
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    I am still missing exactly 100 gold in the warehouse mission (95%). Do you know of any hard to find loot with that amount (e.g. like the wine bottle under the desk in the factory) so I can finish with total loot?
    Check
    - the bookshelf in the haunted factory-reception area
    - the fountain in front of the warehouse
    - the pool on the ship


    Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I am playing the last mission and I am trying to ring both bells and get to the dagger but I cannot even get out of the church before the time is up?? I did not have this trouble on the first release!! Tried several times to make it with no luck, it seems like the time is a lot shorter??
    As far as I can tell, the time has not changed at all. It has always been very challenging.
    Try this:
    start in the broken tower and ring the first bell
    go down and jump over the balcony hand-rail
    run to the other tower and keep jumping while running up
    ... and the rest should be clear
    Last edited by gnartsch; 6th May 2013 at 06:55.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •