TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Cell 6 by YanRanTan

T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Cell 6 by YanRanTan

This is a thread for a mission released for the NewDark 64 Cubed contest.

This title of the mission is: Cell 6 - Get it here:
    Thiefmissions
    Southquarter

The authors wish to remain anonymous (for now) and to share the following information regarding this mission:

IMPORTANT:
    This is an Undercover-style mission, where you are posing as a cook. You have a required objective not to blow your cover; in order to succeed at that objective, don’t be seen doing things that a cook wouldn’t be expected to do, or spotted in rooms where a cook ought not to be. There may be a bit of trial and error involved, so be patient and be prepared to reload, and most of all think about what you’re doing and whether or not you should do it in plain sight or wait for that guard to leave the area. Otherwise, you can walk around unhindered without having to be stealthy.

WARNING:
    This mission includes graphic story content and may not be suitable for younger players.
    Last edited by Tannar; 30th Apr 2013 at 11:55.

Cool! Downloading now Congrats to the anonymous authors?!

Clearinghouse
    Congrats! Something to play this weekend

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    IMPORTANT:
    This is an Undercover-style mission, where you are posing as a cook. You have a required objective not to blow your cover; in order to succeed at that objective, don’t be seen doing things that a cook wouldn’t be expected to do, or spotted in rooms where a cook ought not to be. There may be a bit of trial and error involved, so be patient and be prepared to reload, and most of all think about what you’re doing and whether or not you should do it in plain sight or wait for that guard to leave the area. Otherwise, you can walk around unhindered without having to be stealthy.
    Sounds pretty cool

Cool mission! But, I'm stuck. I can not find the ring, and without it the spirit in the camera quickly kills me.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    This was a fun mission to test. Let me start by asking have you been inside Cell 6 yet? If not, you need to figure out how to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    This was a fun mission to test. Let me start by asking have you been inside Cell 6 yet? If not, you need to figure out how to do so.
    No, I have not been in the cell №6. I'll try to get there.

Help needed

I've got a question.

Where is the key for the small closet in the secret part of records room? I presume somewhere in the Warden's office. But I've been searching that same room high and low for more than a hour and wasn't able to find it.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhat View Post
    I've got a question.

Where is the key for the small closet in the secret part of records room? I presume somewhere in the Warden's office. But I've been searching that same room high and low for more than a hour and wasn't able to find it.

Any hint would be appreciated.
    It sounds like you need to find the warden's private cell. Listen for the sound of chains.

Soldi, in case you need another hint: You need the Master Cell Key to get in Cell 6, but it only works if the power is off, since with the power on the master control panel in the security office overrides the manual door locks.

Sorry Random_Taffer your hint wasn't helpful at all.

I went through the whole level once again, but I wasn't able to hear the sound of chains. (Does it mean that the haunt is somewhere nearby? That's the most distinctive sound which you can hear when they patrol the areas.) Like I said, I went through every single room in the level paying close attention to any unusual sounds, but except from the ticking of the clock and the blaze of fire in the Warden's office couldn't hear anything extraordinary. Can you please be more specific where to look out for that particular sound?

You need to search the Warden's office more carefully. If you can't hear the chains, just do a usual search for a secret button or lever.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Sorry I'm a little late to the dance, but here's a mirror:

Cell 6

Found that damned switch. After more than 90 minutes of search. ;-) It was very well hidden. Hats off.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhat View Post
    Sorry Random_Taffer your hint wasn't helpful at all.

I went through the whole level once again, but I wasn't able to hear the sound of chains. (Does it mean that the haunt is somewhere nearby? That's the most distinctive sound which you can hear when they patrol the areas.) Like I said, I went through every single room in the level paying close attention to any unusual sounds, but except from the ticking of the clock and the blaze of fire in the Warden's office couldn't hear anything extraordinary. Can you please be more specific where to look out for that particular sound?
    Sorry about that! I was trying to be vague so you'd still have the satisfaction of finding it!
    I realize now how that hint could put you on the wrong track!

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Sorry I'm a little late to the dance, but here's a mirror:

Cell 6
    Thanks, Brethren. I updated the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Sorry about that! I was trying to be vague so you'd still have the satisfaction of finding it!
    I realize now how that hint could put you on the wrong track!
    Never mind. I was able to finish this mission. Still short on loot though, 3125 of 4165. And I wasn't able to find the one and only secret.

Yandros, As soon as I turn off the generator, my goal "You're undercover, disguised as a cook, so don't give yourself away" is failed.

Turning off the generator should not fail that objective. Try reloading an earlier save and doing it again. It is possible that you failed the mission in some other way and it only actually ended at that moment. I had a similar thing happen when I was testing this.

BANNED
    Congratulations and thank you. Downloading right now.

Soldi, it's also possible that you left a body in shadow but next to one of the red backup lights, and that body is now visible to a nearby AI once the power is shut off (ironically, I suppose). In testing I had a couple of instances where the mission failed immediately when I turned the power back ON, which is more likely to happen for this reason I suppose, but it could happen when turning it OFF as well since some of the backup lights are placed in areas that are dark with the power on.

Thank you! I played again and it worked out well. The mission simply stunned!

Instant fave of the contest (construction, mission structure, plot and general atmosphere) - even if a bit on the easy side!

The last part is quite dark though and I wonder if it was really necessary to be that drastic (not wanting to spoil anything here).
    Note that I'm not disputing artistic freedom here but simply question the necessity.

Thinking about the story and the characters, then yes, I think so. I think it made it utterly believable and, personally, I like dramatic!

I need hints! I'm at the point where
    - I have opened the elevator panel with the number pad but I have no idea what the combination is
    - I have bonked the spirit on the head with the frying pan and jumped over its body to get into the cell... hope I didn't break the mission with this little improvisation
    - I can't get into the upstairs room with a guard in front of it (near the library)
    - I can't open the small room inside the secret room in the library
    - The only incomplete objectives are the first one (Shylock) and the loot requirement

No idea how to proceed, could you guys give me a nudge?

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast