TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Zealotís Hollow

Lost

Need a little help. Think I have done almost everything except I cannot locate the third, and I think last, body. I believe it is in the room where there is a patrolling ghost and a place to drop through the floor where he is. I was there once and killed the ghost before I had the holy water but I can't find the location again. Please help-I have been running in circles for too long!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It doesn't work that way. In your Thief 2 folder, look for a file called cam_ext.cfg. In that file, toward the bottom, you will see a few lines that look like this:

; -------------
    ; game specific
    ; -------------

; enable new mantling code
    ; new_mantle

Remove the semi-colon from in front of new_mantle so it looks like this:

; -------------
    ; game specific
    ; -------------

; enable new mantling code
    new_mantle

Then save the file.
    I have found the file but I cannot open it to amend the details for new mantling...how do you open this file?

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    I have found the file but I cannot open it to amend the details for new mantling...how do you open this file?
    Any text-editor will do. Try Notepad - or rightclick on the file and see if Windows offers you a 'Open with...' menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    Need a little help. Think I have done almost everything except I cannot locate the third, and I think last, body. I believe it is in the room where there is a patrolling ghost and a place to drop through the floor where he is. I was there once and killed the ghost before I had the holy water but I can't find the location again. Please help-I have been running in circles for too long!
    This area is in the north eastern part of the map, below the guard tower. Use the "Thief's Highway" (the roofs) to accesss it.

hi everyone!!!!! is there any chance to find some holy water to deal with the ghost in the rooms with shrine's key?? I am tired of getting killed every time I try to hide from it...it finds me every time!!!!!! and I spend my 2 flash bombs foolishly enough...if only I knew... please heeeeelp....by the way, I played almost all the entries and I liked them all, but I have a softer spot for depths heights and mantling and this one is a mantling playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    hi everyone!!!!! is there any chance to find some holy water to deal with the ghost in the rooms with shrine's key?? I am tired of getting killed every time I try to hide from it...it finds me every time!!!!!! and I spend my 2 flash bombs foolishly enough...if only I knew... please heeeeelp....by the way, I played almost all the entries and I liked them all, but I have a softer spot for depths heights and mantling and this one is a mantling playground
    On "expert" I haven't found any holy water to battle them.

One way to solve this situation: Dowse all the reddish lights and quickly sneak around it. The rest of the mission - including getting rid of these ghosts - can be done only after opening the shrine.

Thanks Calibrator! That did it. Finished!

NewDark 64≥ Contest Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    I finished this mission but never encounter any ghosts
    I found it was possible for the ghosts to walk into the walls and disappear under the right circumstances. Maybe this is what happened for you.

That's actually another possible technique for removing them from the level, if they annoy anybody too much

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    ...and found a window I cannot climb through that has a priest type with light balls slowly raising from him and at the bottom the room with the mechanist relics in it..no rope arrows
    One technique with the new mantling is that if you crouch in front of a window and jump, you will mantle through the window while staying crouched. This lets you mantle through windows that would normally only be accessible by using a crate to drop and then crouch through from ontop of the crate. In this mission, you can use either method to get to the places you need to enter. But windows that are too small to fit through are still impassible.

thanks Calibrator!!! I too realised that there is no holy water...(by the way, I meant the gost in the basement with one of the dead bodies and the key) but any way, I had to jump down quickly, grab the rope arrow ,go up again, wait for it to calm down and then go back for the key, and then once more for the loot.. phew..!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Any text-editor will do. Try Notepad - or rightclick on the file and see if Windows offers you a 'Open with...' menu.
    Thank you....I assumed it was more complicated than it was,lol

Edit..opened it with notepad but no joy,I couldn't do it in the end... it kept saying access denied etc etc,I tried to change the permissions to administrator (Me) but its still not having it,lol,oh well onwards
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 3rd May 2013 at 18:30.

Onto the Gear Vault! I have to admit being stumped a few times in this one. It does look great though--very vertical in a way few FMs have managed to pull off before.

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    Thank you....I assumed it was more complicated than it was,lol

Edit..opened it with notepad but no joy,I couldn't do it in the end... it kept saying access denied etc etc,I tried to change the permissions to administrator (Me) but its still not having it,lol,oh well onwards
    Have a look here Jonesy. I've used this before and it worked perfectly for me.

Really great mission, even if a bit frustrating at first. I have done all the objectives except the loot one on expert, but i can't seem to find a way into the money lenders place. Am i missing something extremely obvious? How do you get in there?

Brilliant mission - liked more or less everything about it: use of space especially the vertical, atmosphere, story, challenge, textures, ambient/music choice, novel feel to mission. Worth sticking with it through the minor frustrations here and there. Hats off to author.

Persevered with a little help from forum on Expert finished on 4294 and 11 of 11 secrets with old mantling. Getting the shrine key was tricky but possible and had to kill the ghoul at the Sybil's place as it seemed to see me all the time even having doused the torches. Left the Sybil locked in her shrine but wonder if the other options offer other objectives / endings?

@ The Elusive One: There is a red switch behind a shutter that you will need to climb to reach nearby.
    Last edited by Sagittal; 5th May 2013 at 19:01. Reason: Last secret found

Thanks Sagittal, found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    I found it was possible for the ghosts to walk into the walls and disappear under the right circumstances. Maybe this is what happened for you.

That's actually another possible technique for removing them from the level, if they annoy anybody too much
    But... all of them? And what circumstances do you mean?
    Or else: is there any chance for me to see them?

NewDark 64≥ Contest Winner
    I think that because the author set them to be non-physical, they seemed to ignore the walls supposedly blocking them. If alerted or alarmed, they could be thrown off their patrol routes, thus potentially walking through a wall as they moved to investigate or returned to their route. It does seem odd though that all of them did this for you.

If you want to see them though for certain, you can replay at normal difficulty. They act differently at that setting.

I never encountered these 3 corpses to spawn any ghosts on Expert.
    Did I miss something? What would have triggered that to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Have a look here Jonesy. I've used this before and it worked perfectly for me.

thank you will try that later,

I did have one strange thing happen...the black patrolling ghoul,I whacked with the sword to try and kill it,and after two whacks it fell down through the floor...I could hear it laughing in the distance,and then it must have come back up the stairs,and I eventually whacked it some more and it died.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I never encountered these 3 corpses to spawn any ghosts on Expert.
    Did I miss something? What would have triggered that to happen?
    The ghosts are already active - you have to give them peace by treating the corpses.

There's also a bonus objective involved as there are actually four corpses...

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    The ghosts are already active - you have to give them peace by treating the corpses.

There's also a bonus objective involved as there are actually four corpses...
    I have never seen any of them No ghosts!
    But I got the bonus

[IMG][/IMG]

Not only does this mission really show off the NewDark mantel abilities it shows this ghost ability to look directly above him to cast a spell at Garret as he comes out of the shadows.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Head tracking in NewDark is really cool, but can also be kind of freaky. In The Drymian Codex if you throw a spider egg at a Hammer, his head will move around very quickly trying to track it on the ground.

what is the purpose of room with telecsope?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

playing on hard

I have read posts about ghosts

I have found only one dead body where I find the rope arrows. I put blessed water on it and it changed color.

where are the other ghosts, dead bodies to deal with? I have not gone back to Sybil's shrine to deal with that black ghost masked figure yet. do I need to to progress?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast