TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 125

Thread: T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Zealot’s Hollow

  1. #76
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I have read posts about ghosts

    I have found only one dead body where I find the rope arrows. I put blessed water on it and it changed color.

    where are the other ghosts, dead bodies to deal with? I have not gone back to Sybil's shrine to deal with that black ghost masked figure yet. do I need to to progress?
    You don't have to fight the ghosts - just bless the corpses and you are good.

    There are actually four corpses in this mission. You only need to deal with three to check the objective but there is a fourth one, that'll net you a checked bonus objective!. If you know where you treated a certain key then you should have no trouble finding it again...

    The other missing corpses are in coffins located in small deadends behind windows. One is where the sorcerer is protecting himself with a force-field (he ignores you) and the other behind a gate which can be opened by either using a certain key or moved with a lever.

    There is some jumping and mantling involved so you may have missed them.

  2. #77
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    where do i use the pulsating key?

  3. #78
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: UK
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    where do i use the pulsating key?
    You'll need to find the Sybil's place, high up, - with the black-cloaked ghoul usually guarding the room.

  4. #79
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2002
    Location: USA

    can I get a hint on finding a corpse?

    I have read about the sorcerer. But cannot find him CAn I get a hint as to where he is, what is near him? A landmark , etc. ?



    found 3 or 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    You don't have to fight the ghosts - just bless the corpses and you are good.

    There are actually four corpses in this mission. You only need to deal with three to check the objective but there is a fourth one, that'll net you a checked bonus objective!. If you know where you treated a certain key then you should have no trouble finding it again...

    The other missing corpses are in coffins located in small deadends behind windows. One is where the sorcerer is protecting himself with a force-field (he ignores you) and the other behind a gate which can be opened by either using a certain key or moved with a lever.

    There is some jumping and mantling involved so you may have missed them.

  5. #80
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    Not 100% sure but I think it's this one you're looking for.

    In the little grassy area right behind where you start, right above the room with the rabbit and mecheye, look up for a little niche in the wall with a window.

  6. #81
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    You'll need to find the Sybil's place, high up, - with the black-cloaked ghoul usually guarding the room.
    thanks, but i can´t find this ghoul, where´s this creature exactly? there´s a jammed switcht, how to forb it?

  7. #82
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004
    Location: City Of The Angels
    @ Calibrator

    You posted: The other missing corpses are in coffins located in small deadends behind windows. One is where the sorcerer is protecting himself with a force-field (he ignores you) and the other behind a gate which can be opened by either using a certain key or moved with a lever.


    The last one behind the gate as you described above eludes me also, is this gate the one by the moneylender?

  8. #83
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: UK
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    thanks, but i can´t find this ghoul, where´s this creature exactly? there´s a jammed switcht, how to forb it?
    Never found a way to use that switch (Edit: see post immediately below) - but to get to the Sybil and the patrolling ghoul (and other areas) you need to keep climbing beyond the switch up to the tower with the woman bluecoat. From the tower get onto the ropes below and explore from there. There's a crate in the tower if you need it to help get further.
    Last edited by Sagittal; 5th May 2013 at 18:58.

  9. #84
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    there´s a jammed switcht, how to forb it?
    There is a note referring to it - which tells you everything you need to know. But you need to follow its hints in detail

  10. #85
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004
    Location: City Of The Angels
    Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    @ Calibrator

    You posted: The other missing corpses are in coffins located in small deadends behind windows. One is where the sorcerer is protecting himself with a force-field (he ignores you) and the other behind a gate which can be opened by either using a certain key or moved with a lever.


    The last one behind the gate as you described above eludes me also, is this gate the one by the moneylender?
    OF course, right after posting if found it....figures.

  11. #86
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: UK
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    There is a note referring to it - which tells you everything you need to know. But you need to follow its hints in detail
    Thanks gnartsch - I read it again and got the last secret

  12. #87
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: West Palm Beach, FLORIDA

    Shrine key?

    Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    On "expert" I haven't found any holy water to battle them.

    One way to solve this situation: Dowse all the reddish lights and quickly sneak around it. The rest of the mission - including getting rid of these ghosts - can be done only after opening the shrine.
    I'm playing on Normal. The Sybil is one ugly ghost, funny thing though, tried BJ'n her but she literally shattered on the 3rd try. Is that supposed to happen?
    As for the room with the red candles (the Sybil's rooms) is that where the Shrine key is? Can't get the shrine gate open.

  13. #88
    NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    Registered: Jul 2005
    Location: Locked Inside Dromed
    That's not the Sibyl, the Sibyl is behind the gate. The Shrine Key is in another room. You have to continue upwards from the window leading to the Sibyl's rooms, until you're on the top of the rooftop area. Go west and then south, jumping over the large gap (where the hanging flower pots are down at street level). Follow the roof-path into the northeast corner, and the key is in the little set of rooms there.

  14. #89
    BANNED
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: Maw Of Chaos
    Fired this one up last night. Not finished yet but I wanted to express how much I'm enjoying the challenge.
    I only stopped when I realised I need to find a rope arrow...I shall have to continue the search later.

  15. #90
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by thiefessa View Post
    Fired this one up last night. Not finished yet but I wanted to express how much I'm enjoying the challenge.
    I only stopped when I realised I need to find a rope arrow...I shall have to continue the search later.
    Actually, the only place where you really need them is where you kind find them...

  16. #91
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: swirling in the night wind
    I found rope arrows!!! Though I think I've been as high as I can get already without them. Still, they might make it easier to do some more exploring ...

    Exploring this tightly-packed mission is so much fun that I keep forgetting about, "oh, yeah - objectives ..."

    This contest has brought out some real winners - we need categories!!!

  17. #92
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Got only one goal left, i must find a way to destroy the undead, how should i do this? also i got a blessed bottle.

  18. #93
    NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    Registered: Jul 2005
    Location: Locked Inside Dromed
    lol, I think you just answered your own question.

    More specific hint: use the bottle on the undead corpses you can find

  19. #94
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    Location: West Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    In the little grassy area right behind where you start, right above the room with the rabbit and mecheye, look up for a little niche in the wall with a window.
    I'm so glad the posters here are willing to explain the quirks of New Dark, as I would never had gotten in there!
    Still had a lot of trouble with some windows, though, and had to use crates veeerrry carefully.

    This is an amazing mission! Frustrating sometimes, but navigable once you get the hang of the layout. I'd like to see someone try to map it!

    I really hope this author makes a follow-up taking place in the GearVaults - perhaps each difficulty could be based on what you did with the Sybil?

  20. #95
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    lol, I think you just answered your own question.

    More specific hint: use the bottle on the undead corpses you can find
    Thanks, it seems i´m missing some undead, i found 3 so far, one at the top (female undead) in the room with red curtains and a footlocker, another a baby undead inside a cradlle, another underground ( a yellow zombie inside a coffin) what am i missing?

  21. #96
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Thanks, it seems i´m missing some undead, i found 3 so far, one at the top (female undead) in the room with red curtains and a footlocker, another a baby undead inside a cradlle, another underground ( a yellow zombie inside a coffin) what am i missing?
    Make your way to the backside of the mechanic workshop.
    From the garden you can access a room with a mage inside.

  22. #97
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Make your way to the backside of the mechanic workshop.
    From the garden you can access a room with a mage inside.
    Thanks Gnartsch , finished the mission with 2 hours of gameplay.

    This is a small map yet with so many hidden places to explore, i´ve never seen a map so complex as this one, this is a fine mission with lovely musics, captivating gameplay and awsome architecture design

  23. #98
    BANNED
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: Maw Of Chaos
    Finished this mission last night and enjoyed every minute of it, thank you.

  24. #99
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: Latvia
    Fantastic! I'm totally inspired for one more attempt at dromed!

  25. #100
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Deep inside mediocrity
    This mission is so awesome that I don't care that I can't figure out what I'm doing. I absolutely love all the vertical fun this mission offers as well as the plethora of things to find!

    Also, I tried looking at the music credits but I can't figure out what the music is that is played by the music box in the attic with the infant corpse and the fountain.Any help on that would be great.
    Last edited by mxleader; 28th May 2013 at 01:35.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •