TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Zealot’s Hollow

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    Oops, I wrote down the wrong name for that song. It's actually the first 40 seconds of "Plorate, filii Israel" not "Plorate, colles". (I have no idea what those titles translate to)

Thanks Xorak!

Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    I have no idea what those titles translate to
    "Plorate, filii Israel" means "Weep, sons of Israel".

Here the version 1.1 of my mission. I'm also updating the OP.
    It should make it less frustrating, especially on expert. Also the story should work better too. There are several other little tweaks as well

Last edited by Ricebug; 4th Jan 2014 at 19:16.

Thankyou Ricebug for the hints and lootlist.

Where exactly is the key to sybil's quarters?
    I found a small window in the grassy part, upstairs with a chest I can't reach. How do I get in or is there another way in there?
    Great mission, although I find it tiresome to climb up and down more than several times to get what I need.
    I still am in need of keys. I've got the shrine key and the wine room key.
    I need all the help I can get.

I got a bit emotional when I found Dewdrop and the musicbox played a song with my name in it. Thanks author.ff:

EDIT: I just read Ricebugs hints. I know what to do with the shrinekey now. Pfffft I have to go all the way up again.
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 5th Jun 2013 at 17:41.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

The Joys of the Blackjack

Finished.
    9 of 11 secrets (including the stuck switch)
    missed a little less than 500 loot.
    Got the bonus objective.

Played on Expert, gamely avoiding knocking anyone out for about 3-4 hours. Then the urge to whack'em became too great.

I absolutely LOVE these more vertically oriented missions. This is the Lara Croft side of Thiefing, minus the wolves and revolvers.
    I had no trouble with mantling. Didn't need to activate the relaxed code.

The tiny little burrick was a particularly cute touch. They make wonderful pets!

Overall design was superb with all of the area connections. It kept me confused for a long time. It took quite a while for my internal map to kick in.
    Last edited by nickie; 11th Feb 2014 at 02:32. Reason: spoiler cover added

I've covered the map thoroughly (I think) but I have not completed one objective and I can't figure out how to do it. I have dealt with 3 of the undead the baby, the body with the mage, and the body where I got the shrine key. Though I got three the objective did not tick off but I did get the bonus objective for the baby in the cradle.

Above the room with all the masks is a shuttered window that is blocked. How do I get in? Someone in an earlier post said to use a key or a lever, but I've found neither that affects this window. How do I get in? Please be specific. I'm pretty sure the remaining body to be blessed with holy water is in that room.

This has been one of the most challenging yet one of the more rewarding missions I've ever played, by the way.

See those wooden X beams right beside the windows to the mask room? The spot you are looking to reach is right behind them.
    A more obvious hint on how to reach there: use a rope arrow from the wooden beam below.

Glad you enjoyed it. I prefer making hard missions, I just want to try and get better at balancing it for players who don't want it to be so difficult.

Thanks! I had looked EVERYWHERE but there.

Keeper of FMs
    This mission is amazing. The use of available space is superb. I clocked over 4 hrs because I didn't realize that new mantle was not on by default so I frustrated myself for the first 90 mins without it. I finally checked this thread for rope arrows and saw to check my settings. Once I turned it on, it was a whole different story. I really enjoyed the mantling. The grittiness, ambiance, and warren-like city reminded me a lot of the first Rocksburg mission which is one of my all-time favorites. I love climbing, rooftops, and exploring, so this was right up my alley. I was surprised to see just how much was packed into the small map. Excellent mission. I can see why this was the contest winner. Congrats!

i´m replaying this mission on expert, i left it a while ago unfinished because i can´t find the key for the cage where the sleeping girl is, now that i figure how to disable the mantle as i learned in one of Ricebug´s Walkthrough i might have better chances of getting inside new places.

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    i can´t find the key for the cage where the sleeping girl is
    Do you have the Shrine key? I had it in my inventory for quite some time before I figured out that there is something you need to do to the key before it will work on the cage door.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Do you have the Shrine key? I had it in my inventory for quite some time before I figured out that there is something you need to do to the key before it will work on the cage door.
    Yes i have that key, what do i need to do with it?

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Yes i have that key, what do i need to do with it?
    Hint from scroll readable:
    Bathe the key in the Sybil's fountain of tears.

Hint:
    Where is the Sybil's child?

Hint:
    Go to the Sybil's attic.

Spoil:
    The Sybil's attic, which is above a banner near the guard house, has a small fountain near the crib with the Sybil's zombie child. Use the key on it.

This mission is amazing. The use of available space is superb. I clocked over 4 hrs because I didn't realize that new mantle was not on by default so I frustrated myself for the first 90 mins without it. I finally checked this thread for rope arrows and saw to check my settings.
    This is maybe shameful to admit considering how frustrating it is without new mantle, but I designed the mission completely using the old mantle. Only hours before releasing it, did I finally manage to do a couple tests with the new mantle, making sure nothing was too broken with it turned on.

Using the old mantle, it created a single route that the player had to locate and maneuver through in order to finally reach the highest points; I could gauge where and how players would be able to get to each location. With new mantle, players can go everywhere and the importance of that singular route is lost as players climb all over the place. Pros and cons, I guess.

Hint from scroll readable:
    Bathe the key in the Sybil's fountain of tears.

Hint:
    Where is the Sybil's child?

Hint:
    Go to the Sybil's attic.

Spoil:
    The Sybil's attic, which is above a banner near the guard house, has a small fountain near the crib with the Sybil's zombie child. Use the key on it.
    Thank you Gretchen, found it

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    This is maybe shameful to admit considering how frustrating it is without new mantle, but I designed the mission completely using the old mantle. Only hours before releasing it, did I finally manage to do a couple tests with the new mantle, making sure nothing was too broken with it turned on.

Using the old mantle, it created a single route that the player had to locate and maneuver through in order to finally reach the highest points; I could gauge where and how players would be able to get to each location. With new mantle, players can go everywhere and the importance of that singular route is lost as players climb all over the place. Pros and cons, I guess.
    No matter how you designed it originally, this ended up being a fantastic mission. I've been unable to play for some time, so I know a lot of my skills are rusty. I really need more practice! I think not having one set path was a definitely plus for me. It made it more fun to return to an area because I could try different paths and figure out the best way to go. I had so much fun with this mission. I'd love to see you expand it or do a sequel.

Playing this on my new computer build and am completely stuck!....Rope arrows..a direct spoiler please...I cannot remember where I found them before, I am in the sybils chamber and have killed that haunt in black negligee as somebody so well put it.

Taken from my painstakingly written walkthrough:

Where are the rope arrows?

1. There are 2 behind a blue chest in the room with the thief nailed to the ceiling.
    2. At the bottom of some spiral stairs there’s a door leading into a storage room. There are 2 behind some barrels on the floor. (Normal only)

Last edited by Tannar; 29th Nov 2015 at 17:36. Reason: added spoler cover

Thanks mate...why I didn't think to check your walkthroughs I don't know and to add total stupidity into the mix I have your walkthrough open for cell 6...I don't know.

Who's the author?

Dóttirin klæðist oft móður möttli
    Xorak was mentioned it the first post.

How to Kill Haunt in Negligee

How do I kill the haunt in the black negligee on expert?!? After like 40 quicksaves I'm able to put out the last candle without it seeing me, but even when it's pitch black I can't seem to make it past without it seeing me. Of course I can run in, unlock the door, take care of business in the next room and then try and run back out, but if I want to knock out the Sybil, then I'm effed. I've heard folks say they just killed the thing, but on expert it seems to have armor and doesn't take any damage and I've only found one flashbomb I think (which doesn't even seem to phase it anyway).

Any tips?

PS - AMAZING FM! Love mantling and climbing around the rooftops discovering every little nook and cranny.

UPDATE

I was finally able to complete this part by knocking out the Sybil. Here are the steps I took to do it:

1. douse all the lights. You will have to time the ghoul's movements to figure out when you'll have enough time to lean in and douse each candle. One particular candle took like 100 tries. Also I suggest dousing all the candles in the rest of the house to get the darkest possible light.
    2. shoot an arrow or something to make a noise so the ghoul goes searching for it. When the ghoul walks normally, it walks too fast back and forth for you to be able to creep past it, but when it's does the slow search for the source of the noise, then you have ample time to sneak past behind the curtain.
    3. wait until it has stopped looking for you, THEN open the gate. Also make sure it's kinda far away, as the noise of the gate opening can alert it.
    4. after grabbing the holy water and Sybil, you gotta run back to the window from whence you came.

Two things to note:
    1. flash bombs seem to have no effect on the ghoul
    2. the entire thing is armoured so you can't knock it out/kill it/do any damage - even if you manage to sneak up on it.
    3. this applies as far as I know only for EXPERT

Thanks again for a great mission. I'm about to try it again only this time without knocking anyone out...
    Last edited by stevedonkey; 13th May 2018 at 12:46.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345