TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Zealotís Hollow

Southquarter.com/fms

T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Zealotís Hollow

This is a thread for a mission released for the NewDark 64 Cubed contest.

This title of the mission is: Zealot’s Hollow.

The author wishes to remain anonymous (for now).

The author wanted to share the following information regarding this mission:

This mission can be accomplished without the new mantling, but people can save themselves some potential frustration just by turning it on. There are three separate difficulties as well. Easy is quite a bit easier than expert. It was also built in NewDark 1.21.

Enjoy, and feel free to comment, discuss, or seek answers/help in this thread.

Edit: the author PMed me to ask if I could share the following additional info:

"Warn people that expert is maybe overly difficult in places. Certain enemies are a real nuisance to evade."

Update (June 4th, 2013): Xorak has updated this mission to version 1.1, get it HERE.
    Last edited by Brethren; 4th Jun 2013 at 12:43.

Cool! Downloaded. It's just a holiday!

Clearinghouse
    Congrats to the anonymous author Downloading now!

Holey-moley, guacamole....talk about a scarey FM. Impossible climbs without rope arrows, but I somehow got almost to the top.. before I fell. Quick-save champion.

Playing on expert.
    1. Found the special key (forgot the name) in a tiny chest but how do I get away from that ghost?
    2. Found the cell where the key is to be used, but can't get past that 'thing' in a black negligee.

This is the most hodge-podge, dilapidated, squalid, small spaces FM I have played, and it really tests your skills. Great use of space and effects.

A Winner!
    Last edited by Dawggon; 4th May 2013 at 12:25.

Congrats on the release, anonymous author!

NewDark 64≥ Contest Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    1. Found the special key (forgot the name) in a tiny chest but how do I get away from that ghost?
    2. Found the cell where the key is to be used, but can't get past that 'thing' in a black negligee.

1. These are harder than they need to be, but try and get the ghost into the smaller of the two rooms, and then try and run around or avoid him as you shoot the rope arrow up. There are some rope arrows beside the blue chest in the room next door. Luckily he shoots a spell at you, so you have a bit of time as attempts to try and cast his spell.

2. You have to be very careful and shoot the candles out with the water arrow. Or try running around the little curtained area with the half-wall in the middle, he doesn't follow so easily around there, giving you time to run into the shrine and lock the door.

Playing on Expert and pretty much stuck.
    I would say I made guite good progress (more then 2900 loot and 7 secrets), but for my life I can not find a rope arrow.
    And what ghost are you talking about? Haven't seen one yet, although I climbed trough most areas I could possbily get to withouth any ropes.
    I must be missing something obvious.

If you get into the area behind the closed gate in the main alley, there's a little warehouse just behind the gate. Go through the window and it should lead you into places you mayn't of been yet. You should be able to climb up all those roofs in that corner of the map.

left "cell 6" in stand by and decided to explore this mission, so far so lovely, the ambient music is very beautifull and hypnotising, excellent choice!!!

I'm stuck. I can not find the third corpse. I found the first corpse in the north, in the sarcophagus. I found the second corpse in the south, above, behind bars. Where the third corpse? All other goals are fulfilled.

I'm probably less than halfway through this but I had to just drop in and say how much I am enjoying it. Really well done mission! Congrats, anonymous author!

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    I'm stuck. I can not find the third corpse. I found the first corpse in the north, in the sarcophagus. I found the second corpse in the south, above, behind bars. Where the third corpse? All other goals are fulfilled.
    In the little grassy area right behind where you start, right above the room with the rabbit and mecheye, look up for a little niche in the wall with a window.

Congrats and downloading. That's one big file for one mission

Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    In the little grassy area right behind where you start, right above the room with the rabbit and mecheye, look up for a little niche in the wall with a window.
    Thank you, Xorak! I finished the mission. Loot: 3449/4695, secrets 5/11. I'll look for another loot.

In version 1.21 do I have to remove the semicolon from extended cam.cfg from the apropriate line or I don't need to do anything to activate the feature?

Yes you do need to remove it. I was mistaken in thinking 1.21 already had new_mantle enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Yes you do need to remove it. I was mistaken in thinking 1.21 already had new_mantle enabled.
    Sorry that i mention it here but in the cam_ext.cfg is there any setting for improved water or such that can be enabled?

Help needed

How do I open the door in the Sybil's quarters, next to the blue table with a roulette on it?

And where is the Sybil's fountain of tears, the worn scroll is referring to?

Already got: the shrine key (didn't find the place where to use it yet), a heavy key and a thief's key, and a couple of rope arrows.

Also found the locations of all three corpses I have to bless with holy water. I also managed to kill 3 apparitions so far. A haunt, a ghost, and the woman in black close to the place where Sybil is sitting. To proceed I need to find the location of the Sybil's fountain of tears, where supposedly I have to bathe the Shrine key in it. So where is that fountain? In the closed room in Cybil's quarter I wasn't able to open yet?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Sorry that i mention it here but in the cam_ext.cfg is there any setting for improved water or such that can be enabled?
    No, the engine itself doesn't include such updates. You need to install T2water or a similar mod. I would recommend Tafferpatcher, which I believe includes it and other enhancement mods and will configure NewDark to use them properly.

Playing this for about 10 minutes and most of the time i wonder how was making this mission even possible And the atmosphere ...and reading about the dude that hanged himself with the ambient music in the background. The author sure knows what he's doing. The mission kind of makes me feel sad about what's happening in the Hollow
    Now back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhat View Post
    Help needed

How do I open the door in the Sybil's quarters, next to the blue table with a roulette on it?

And where is the Sybil's fountain of tears, the worn scroll is referring to?

Already got: the shrine key (didn't find the place where to use it yet), a heavy key and a thief's key, and a couple of rope arrows.
    Correction: The roulette table is not located in Sybils quarters. In order to find the key for the locked-up room, you need to do some free-climbing outside that closed room.

Have you come across the rooms with candles and a black ghost figure? These are Sybils quarters.
    You need to find access to the attic of that building.

The Shrine key can not be used as is. Check the texts related to it !
    ...and find the attic mentioned above.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 2nd May 2013 at 08:59.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Correction: The roulette table is not located in Sybils quarters. In order to find the key for the locked-up room, you need to do some free-climbing outside that closed room.

Have you come across the rooms with candles and a black ghost figure? These are Sybils quarters.
    You need to find access to the attic of that building.

The Shrine key can not be used as is. Check the texts related to it !
    ...and find the attic mentioned above.
    I already was outside that closed room (in fact I climbed everywhere and went into every single crevice in the level.) but didn't find any key for that closed room.

Already killed the black ghost in Sybil's quarters, but I don't see any access to the attic of that building.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhat View Post
    I already was outside that closed room (in fact I climbed everywhere and went into every single crevice in the level.) but didn't find any key for that closed room.

Already killed the black ghost in Sybil's quarters, but I don't see any access to the attic of that building.
    The closed room has 1 door and 1 window and the key for the door is inside that room.

For the attic look out for a large city watch flag.

Pretty nice mission!
    Had a whole lot of fun with the climbing in general, but found that the mission is pretty complicated and does not really tell you where to go in order to achieve what.
    Finding Sybil was a task already - a plaque said 'Follow the stairs up', but that did not get me there in any way.
    And finding the ropes soooo late turned it to be a pretty long run.

A few issues:
    - made my way to Sybil. When that wretched black ghost saw me and I ran away, she followed me and killed the thiefy guards by intention. 'Kill & BJ no one' failed!
    - returned much later (after I took out 3 corpses) in order to decide how to deal with Sybil. The black ghost was gone. That is ok so far, I guess.
    But now the trouble: I no longer really had 3 choices to complete the mission!
    When I decided to lock her up, the objective would not check of.
    That specific objective seemed to work when the black ghost was still around.
    Killing worked fine, as well as koing and bringing her to the startpoint.

Finished with all secrets, a bonus and > 4500 loot

Amazing. Congratulations to the author.

Finished.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast