TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Dead Night Sweet Delight

  1. #1
    Southquarter.com/fms
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: The Akkala Highlands

    T2 FM - NewDark 64 Cubed Contest: Dead Night Sweet Delight

    The author of Dead Night Sweet Delight has released a version of their mission for T2. I thought I'd give it it's own thread so the news isn't buried in the existing one. I'm guessing after some time has passed, the mods here may decide to merge these threads (or maybe not).

    For reference, the thread for the TG version of this mission is HERE. The author had this to say about the differences between the two versions:

    Reported changes from the Thief Gold version. Optional objective that wasn't available in Thief Gold, now in this Thief the Metal Age version.
    Also a helper on the map.
    In regards to the contest, these two missions should be considered the same. In other words, you will only be able to vote once for this mission, no matter which version you play.

    Get it HERE.
    Last edited by Brethren; 3rd May 2013 at 15:09.

  2. #2
    Thiefmissions.com
    Moderator

    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Houston, Tx., USA
    Kind of odd; I wonder which version of the mission would be considered the primary one? Some time ago I'd wager that more people have T2 than TG given how hard the latter was to acquire, but these days a few bucks on steam or GOG gets you the whole thing.

  3. #3
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Rockwell, NC
    Since I'm playing the T2 version, I thought posting here may be better. Wasn't sure. I am stuck.... At the first part of the mission, I cannot get into the temple in the middle section and when I use a rope arrow to crawl down to Ethan I die and I cannot get into the adjacent caves without dying. The monsters take too long to kill and there are too many and I'm on Tasty... I have a silver key that I got from the window of the center temple but it doesn't work on either door. I also read everything and have all loot and the Treasure map as well. Yeah, I'm stuck...

  4. #4
    Island of Sorrow 2013
    Registered: Jan 2013
    Location: In a Dark Place
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrilliant View Post
    Since I'm playing the T2 version, I thought posting here may be better. Wasn't sure. I am stuck.... At the first part of the mission, I cannot get into the temple in the middle section and when I use a rope arrow to crawl down to Ethan I die and I cannot get into the adjacent caves without dying. The monsters take too long to kill and there are too many and I'm on Tasty... I have a silver key that I got from the window of the center temple but it doesn't work on either door. I also read everything and have all loot and the Treasure map as well. Yeah, I'm stuck...
    Theopen grave you are describing is just that, a one way ticket to death. You must obtain the key to the Sacred Mausoleum from Old man Malcolm on his belt, lying on the floor of his house. The key you have fits the chest in his house. Once you get into the Mausoleum, look around for a way into the caves. Refer to your treasure map for navigation.

  5. #5
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Rockwell, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMan View Post
    Theopen grave you are describing is just that, a one way ticket to death. You must obtain the key to the Sacred Mausoleum from Old man Malcolm on his belt, lying on the floor of his house. The key you have fits the chest in his house. Once you get into the Mausoleum, look around for a way into the caves. Refer to your treasure map for navigation.
    Doh! Thanks Mystery man... I thought my game settings would pick the key up automatically, how I was wrong..... Almost through it...

  6. #6
    d. 2014
    Registered: Oct 2011
    Location: lancashire north of england
    i just need the gem and the map,cant find them,please help

  7. #7
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2012
    If there is no real difference between the TG version:
    The map is in this flies-infested lavatory (next to the house with the stabbed man).

  8. #8
    d. 2014
    Registered: Oct 2011
    Location: lancashire north of england
    Quote Originally Posted by Notesthes View Post
    If there is no real difference between the TG version:
    The map is in this flies-infested lavatory (next to the house with the stabbed man).
    thankyou

  9. #9
    Island of Sorrow 2013
    Registered: Jan 2013
    Location: In a Dark Place

    Revised edition to fix missing loot

    This new revised edition fixed the missing loot.

    From Thiefmissions.com : The Latest Revision to fix loot:
    http://thiefmissions.com/m/DeadNightSweetDelightT2


    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2u..._T2_Rev1.1.zip


    Last edited by MysteryMan; 28th May 2013 at 23:05.

  10. #10
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2007
    Location: Florida, Iceland in the summer
    When i try to play this mission it takes me to the keepers training mission in thief 2

  11. #11
    Island of Sorrow 2013
    Registered: Jan 2013
    Location: In a Dark Place
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    When i try to play this mission it takes me to the keepers training mission in thief 2
    Are you using fm-selector? This was specifically designed for New Dark fms. If you are using fm-selector, and it still takes you to keeper's training, go to your thief2 directory, and look in your "fms" folder to see if Dead Night is in there. If you are using a different fm folder, then, delete the fms folder (This is the folder that fm-selector creates in your T2 directory), and doubleclick on the thief2 icon. Reconfigure by double clicking on the gear icon, then create the path. Fm-Selector will recreate the "fms" folder in your Thief2 directory,and will write an .ini file, but plays off the folder that you created yourself where you place your T2 fms. If you are using Darkloader, then it could be a Darkloader related error, or if Garrettloader, the same. I really don't know much about either, other than playing a New Dark Tg fm will play off of T2 resources when trying to use DarkLoader. I had this problem earlier, then just went with fm-selector for both TG and T2, and they are working like a dream now, so I won't go back to DarkLoader again.

    Brethren may be able to help you if the above doesn't. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...ht=fm+selector
    Last edited by MysteryMan; 25th May 2013 at 00:28.

  12. #12
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2007
    Location: Florida, Iceland in the summer
    I am using darkloader and have no idea how to fix this

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    Some suggestions here.

  14. #14
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Some suggestions here.
    Another way of cleaning up "Keeper's Training" from a Darkloader mess is to take the original "Keeper's training" zip and unzip it into a named folder. Note the files the Author used, and delete them from your T2 directory. You can leave scripts such as NvScript, TnhScript, if you like, as most of them are up to date.

    Basically just any folders in your T2 directory that are:
    Obj
    Mesh
    Strings
    Intrface
    Snd
    Fam
    Bitmap
    Motions
    Miss20.mis usually but compare it to the zip you unzipped into the named folder for comparison. There may be multiple .mis files if it was a campaign style fm.
    This is one reason I don't use Darkloader, now that fm-selector is available. Darkloader can make a big mess in your directory.

  15. #15
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2007
    Location: Florida, Iceland in the summer
    I have cleaned everything but still not working and Darkloader has worked fine for me in many years.

  16. #16
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    I have cleaned everything but still not working and Darkloader has worked fine for me in many years.
    There is a darkloader zip in your directory. You will have to delete it in order to get it to work right. It is what Darkloader uses to save files from your last fm played.
    When Darkloader messes up, it has to be removed. Same with me, but sometimes a mess will occur.
    Just a quick question, is Keeper's Training a New Dark fm, or 1.18? All 1.18 all saves should be moved or deleted.

  17. #17
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2007
    Location: Florida, Iceland in the summer
    Sorry it is the first mission in T2 that starts and I don't know what files are from darkloader in my directory. There are none of the folders that are not supposed to be there

  18. #18
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Sorry it is the first mission in T2 that starts and I don't know what files are from darkloader in my directory. There are none of the folders that are not supposed to be there
    The only thing left is to uninstall, and reinstall DarkLoader. That should fix it for you.

  19. #19
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: Latvia
    Generally I'm not big fan of undead or mines missions, but this one seriously made me reconsider.
    Great mission!
    Particularly enjoyed attacking burning skeletons with holy throwing knives.

  20. #20
    Island of Sorrow 2013
    Registered: Jan 2013
    Location: In a Dark Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Mug View Post
    Generally I'm not big fan of undead or mines missions, but this one seriously made me reconsider.
    Great mission!
    Particularly enjoyed attacking burning skeletons with holy throwing knives.
    Thanks Taffy, glad you found it to your liking !

    Here is the update version for Thief 2 the Metal Age: http://thiefmissions.com/m/DeadNightSweetDelightT2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •