TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign: Sturmdrang Peak (15/05/13)

Get the right colors by going forward, left and right.

@brush: see this post.

thank You for this awesome fm !!! if you want it translated into polish just let me know

Oh goodie, this is finally out!

... And I totally missed that. I'm-a going to play it real soon. Congrats, Nicked!

Can someone tell me where is the key to Pavid's office is? Thank you.

There isn't a key to his office. Once you've been to Room 1 in the inn and got another letter from Vivianne, you'll be able to just walk into his office and he'll speak to you.

Did that right after posting. Typical! Thanks for the reply though.

Just finished the campaign.
    Very, very enjoyable. Definitely up there with the greats.

I've finished the campaign a few days ago, and it was really worth the trip. Well done, nicked! I especially liked playing Hide-and-Seek in the fortress and hunting down the pirates on Sturmdrang's island. The "ancient temple in the jungle" look suits the place nicely. A few twists in the story made it quite interesting. The last puzzle around the
    spoiler:
    four towers surrounding the imprisoned goddess
    felt a bit lengthy at times, but not too much.

You should consider sound compression, though - experiments show that the zip file might shrink to about 160 to 200 megabytes depending on the compression method. That's about half the size it is now.

Last but not least: Although NewDark and the Enhancement Pack might improve the player's experience, I played this mission pack with standard Thief 2 (v1.18) and on an eight years old machine, and only in a few areas (the waterfalls with the detailed new water in "Forgotten Depths") the framerate went down considerably. It's possible to enjoy it all even with vanilla Thief.

Thank you for your campaign, nicked!

stuck in castle

ravenhook asked this on page one but no one answered him.....how the hell do I get the gate key....its a large room with a lever on the 2nd floor right over the gate and a guard on each floor...thanks.

Ravenhook did get an answer but if you need something more specific than the city watch, try the cells. But he was asking about the key to unlock the lever. There is a key that unlocks the gate and that's also in the city watch, upstairs in the office area.

Saturnine
    Just finished these missions and I really enjoyed them, my favorite was the castle with the towers, reminded me of the symmetry chapter of ico, very atmospheric and very cool, congratulations Nicked

While playing through these missions I heard some guard lines that I swear I have never heard before in all the years of playing thief,
    one guard said (as he passed out from a blackjack beating) 'that's it for meeeee'
    And another two different guards said 'Well played Taffer' as they hit the floor.
    I honestly never heard these lines before, weird

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
    . . .one guard said (as he passed out from a blackjack beating) 'that's it for meeeee'
    And another two different guards said 'Well played Taffer' as they hit the floor.
    I honestly never heard these lines before, weird
    You must have led a sheltered life - play more!

Pretty sure those lines are from the T3 guard voices, which may be why you haven't heard them before! I put a few extra voices in for variety.

Finally played through. It is a nice campaign, I had fun playing it.
    Indeed I found nearly no secret, so this is a good incentive to play it again. (Funny enough, I found the bonus in the last mission, but not Millet's whatsoever. )

There are only two things, that were a little bit troublesome. Vivianne's trap was too obvious - and I had to press the trap-button myself, knowing this. This felt uncomfortable.
    And the other thing is working with colours. They were never a problem, except in this tile riddle (with sum 25). Well, of course I am in the minority with colour troubles - and this did not reduce the fun during the other parts of the mission.

So, thank you for this nice campaign!

Saturnine
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    You must have led a sheltered life - play more!
    But...but....I play a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Pretty sure those lines are from the T3 guard voices, which may be why you haven't heard them before! I put a few extra voices in for variety.
    Aha! that explains it! I am playing Thief 3 right now so I will listen out for those lines, I thought it must be something like that because there's no way I could have played thief for ten years and never heard them

But...but....I play a lot!
    Then you're playing the wrong games.

I am playing Thief 3 right now so I will listen out for those lines, I thought it must be something like that because there's no way I could have played thief for ten years and never heard them
    These voices are certainly not from Thief 2, since they're still speaking english even with a german version of Thief 2. I played Thief 3 only once (so far), and these lines could very well be from that game.

They're from guard 5 in TDS. But I've only played about 3 missions many years ago so I think I've only heard them in T2 fan missions.

I'm having an issue with the first mission. The intro mission runs fine and completes properly but when the following mission loads the objectives are blank then I start the mission and get a black screen. At this point I can cheat through and get the following mission (tunnel rats) to load and it runs fine. I'm using NewDark v1.21 and running XP. Anyone got any ideas?

Redownload? Reinstall? Sounds like something's not set up right, maybe some missing files.

NIck: I downloaded it again from another mirror. Works perfect now. Excellent job on the sound effects - the rain sounds awesome. thx

Quote Originally Posted by usurper View Post
    NIck: I downloaded it again from another mirror. Works perfect now. Excellent job on the sound effects - the rain sounds awesome. thx
    Would be good to know from what bad mirror you downloaded in the first place, so that the problem can be corrected.

A great mission. I love how original and engaging missions are still being developed. I'm playing the author's previous mission, memoirs of a dead god, and enjoying it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Would be good to know from what bad mirror you downloaded in the first place, so that the problem can be corrected.
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/downloa...SturmdrangPeak

All 3 mirrors are identical. Must have been a problem during the download.