TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign: Sturmdrang Peak (15/05/13)

Desperately dodgy geezer
    It sounds like Dark is having problems finding certain book art resources. That could be a lot of things, so the first thing I would recommend is just doing a clean reinstall of Thief 2 using Tafferpatcher. If it still happens after that, we can start asking for some more specific info like your CFG file contents and what mods you have installed.

solved it myself

Quote Originally Posted by tone_lord View Post
    Should say: "Can't read in-game documents"

This may be an issue with the NewDark engine rather than this mission since I am having the same problem in 4th Planet, though I did not have the problem in Island of Sorrow or in Cataclysmic Revelations.

The issue is that many in-game documents--books, scrolls, etc--appear completely black rather than showing text. Oddly, though, not all documents do this. Most books are black and most scrolls laying about, but posted notices appear normally. I had to go out of the game into the book folder to read the text files pertaining to the plot, then apply the info from memory.

I have searched the forums for discussion of this issue, but have had no success.

Has ANYONE else experienced this in this mission (or any other)?

BTW: Great Mission! Enjoyed it thoroughly.

PS--I'm running version 1.21 of NewDark.

I fixed it. For anyone else that might experience anything similar:
    I had installed Thief 2 using T2tool, then patched NewDark afterward.
    The fix was to do a completely fresh install of the game using Tafferpatch. Tafferpatch installs ALL of the necessary files, updates, mods, and patches needed to make the fan mods work properly.
    It was as simple as that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    It sounds like Dark is having problems finding certain book art resources. That could be a lot of things, so the first thing I would recommend is just doing a clean reinstall of Thief 2 using Tafferpatcher. If it still happens after that, we can start asking for some more specific info like your CFG file contents and what mods you have installed.
    Heh. That's what I did. I decided on that before seeing your reply, but I appreciate your attention to the issue.

Currently playing this Campaign, and I have to say, damn you really know how to create atmosphere!

Finished this campaign the other day. Really fantastic, pretty much checked every box: varied mission objectives, lovely custom graphics and great use of sound, well written readables. Few if any flaws, really. Thanks very much for all the effort that obviously went into this.

Objectives transfer to other FMs

I've never had this happen, nor can I find anything about it happening to anyone else.

The objectives from SP transfer to my other fan missions, so therefore I cannot tell what my objectives for the other missions are, nor do I have any maps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by WretchedIntruder View Post
    The objectives from SP transfer to my other fan missions, so therefore I cannot tell what my objectives for the other missions are, nor do I have any maps.
    This is something which happens occasionally with Darkloader. If you are using Darkloader, uninstall any fan mission you might have installed (by selecting "Original" as a "mission" in Darkloader and pressing the "Install" button). Then, look into the Thief 2 folder. Most likely you will find a folder called "intrface" in there, which Darkloader forgot to delete after playing "Sturmdrang Peak". Delete this folder with all its contents. While you're at it, look for folders called "snd", "mesh", "fam", "Bitmap", "strings", "obj" and "books" as well, and delete them if you find them.

This should remove most files which don't belong into the Thief 2 folder when there is no fan mission installed by Darkloader. Files called "Russian.rar", "Transcripts.zip" and miss18.mis, miss19.mis, ..., miss25.mis don't belong there either. If there's a missXX.mis with XX outside the range of 18 to 25, however, you should leave that one alone.

If you find miss18.mis and others with higher numbers, there might be other leftover files in the Thief 2 folder, but at the moment I am not sure which ones these are.

Most likely, there's a posting or thread here on the forums dealing with "cleaning up a Thief 2 installation" from fan mission leftovers. This could help you as well if things still won't work correctly after doing what I described above. For example, this post by Telliamed contains advice for a very similar situation. There's also a section called "Clean up of files" in the FAQ; click here to access the FAQ, then look for a caption called "Clean up of files".

If you are using another fan mission loader, like FMSel (integrated into many NewDark installations), then the above procedure might not be applicable to your situation.

The object enhancement pack can only be downloaded from TTLG for now it seems and I get a Malware warning before the download completes and I would abort the download. What is going on?

Those Malware warnings aren't always right. After the last upgrade of my antivirus, it refused to let me open my bookkeeping program that I had been using for over a year, saying it detected something! I doubt very much there is anything wrong with the enhancement pack.

Just finished playing through this wonderful mission set. Wow! How did I miss this last year... Love the atmosphere and following the well written story through all the twists and turns to an interesting ending. Glad this got bumped! As for the malware/object enhancement pack problem, I don't know. But a few months ago I had the same problem downloading TFix. Tried downloading it several times and I kept getting warnings, even though I knew it was clean. Finally overrode and downloaded it, once downloaded my antivirus changed its mind and said everything's clean, so you just never know.

What an amazingly fantastic masterpiece of missions!!!!!!!!! Thank you nicked and every one that made this happen... I am awed..!!!! I wanted to finish it so to be able to play it again and at the same time I did'nt want to finish it at all so to be able to keep playing it for ever!!!!!!! God, I love it..!!! and thanks for the active in-game maps!!!! I always loved that feature and the extra efort from the creators to include it.

This FM was awesome! The atmosphere was amazing, the whole FM astonishingly long, and not one of the levels was disappointing! The sound was splendid, too! I especially loved the creepy ambient tracks and that really nice rain sound when inside. That's something I could listen to forever...
    Absolutely great work!

Playing this fantastic campaign and the objectives are very original. Just wanted to say this (I am in the middle of Tunnel rats), when I fulfilled the objective of locking Grant into the library. I had a dejavu feeling when, back when I was seven, at school, my teacher outside ordered me to go inside and lock the classroom. I did it only to find out the day later that inside there was a worker-a very angry worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    Thanks for a great FM campaign! I really enjoyed the immersion and ambiance, and you didn't go too far with the puzzles. I can't believe I got through it having used the forum for one clue only! That armory key...
    Uh, does that mean you know where the armory key is? I can't find it. I'm making another sweep through the level to look for it (and one secret -- I have 4/5).

Can anyone point me to this key? And a list of secrets? Thanks!

P.S. If *I* find it, I'll post the location. Nothing more irritating than someone asking, "Where is such-and-such?" and then following up with "I found it!" ...without posting a spoiler-protected answer ;-)

It's in a different place on each difficulty setting. iron key (unlocks armoury) - Expert: top floor, war room, on floor by bookshelf, Hard: top floor, war room, floor by table leg, Normal: top floor, war room, on table

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    It's in a different place on each difficulty setting. iron key (unlocks armoury) - Expert: top floor, war room, on floor by bookshelf, Hard: top floor, war room, floor by table leg, Normal: top floor, war room, on table

Secrets: Secrets:

#1 - Wine cellar in the Inn basement. Move the shelf with the boarded up hole behind it.

#2 - cash box hidden in Inn fireplace.

#3 - over rooftop above tables. (rope arrow up to edge of higher roof to get onto lower roof)

#4 - south end of rafters in main entrance hall. cash box

#5 - castle key found under a bookcase in the police station
    I found the key! Thanks, Nightwalker. As usual, you're my hero ;-)

But those secrets on from the first mission. I'm in the second ("Tunnel Rats"). Any chance you have a list of these five secrets? Although I have four, the only ones I (currently) remember are:

#1 - Flashbombs in water under ballroom
    #2 - Peeping Tom note in ducts
    #3 - Switch in little outside graveyard.

Sorry! That was a silly mistake. I'll remove them so I don't confuse anybody in future. Here are the secrets from Mission 2:
    Secrets:
    #1 - hole in wall above throne room
    #2 - box behind banner in crypt
    #3 - peep hole at the end of one of the tunnels
    #4 - chest in flooded ballroom (off of the spiral staircase)
    #5 - lever behind tombstone outside - moves another stone.

Sturmdrang Peak has been updated with a few small changes:

* Sound files compressed better, reducing file size without loss of quality.
    * French and German integrated into the zip file to allow loaders to handle them.
    * Russian translation also included.
    * The missions remain otherwise unchanged.

This can be downloaded from South Quarter here: http://www.southquarter.com/download...1_EN_DE_FR.zip

More mirrors welcome; please let me know if you can host it and I'll update the first post.

I cant get any of the download links.... or mirrors... to work

One more to try - http://download.darkfate.org/fan-mis...1_EN_DE_FR.zip

Thanks Clearing!

Awesome. Missed this campaign at the time of release, time to finally play it!

Southquarter.com/fms
    @nicked - your inbox is full. Looks like the link I sent you had an extra letter, that's why it wasn't working. Here's the correct link:

http://www.southquarter.com/download...1_EN_DE_FR.zip

The link 4 posts up has an extra "r" in it - Strurmdrang instead of Sturmdrang.

Ahhh - thanks, I've updated the first post now.

And time to get deleting some messages... :s

I am replaying this great campaign and I have come across the door disappearing glitch I have noticed this in a few missions I've replayed recently? Is there a fix for this? Is it my installation I've done the folder clean up suggestion and it is still happening.

I'm using Win 10 with all the patches
    Thanks for any help!
    pwl

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    This should have been fixed in NewDark 1.24 (according to the readme). Post a screenshot of the door and note it's location. Maybe it has the rotating+translating property.