TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sturmdrang Peak Mission 6 - Hubris and Humidity questions

Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    Having some problem finding last rune. It should be placed on the south most pedestal with a star imprint. Also found a switch in the old lighthouse and can hear a door open or close but have not been able to find door. Thanks!
    Since my last save is after I've placed the runes, meaning I don't remember which one is the star one, I'll tell you where all the runes are (in general):

1) The "old lighthouse", you need to rope up to it
    2) The ancient lighthouse at the top of the big temple
    3) The mines, upper level (very easy for them to see you when you grab it)
    4) The absolute far end of the catacombs (you need to flip two switches in the catacombs to open it)

Regarding the switch, I was confused by it too.

Go one floor down, same position, and you'll see an opening that the switch opened (downwards).

Nicked created a great campaign and this mission is probably the best of the lot.

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    You have to read the first plaque and then the second that says to get 25 to open. Then it is just a simple math where to step 1 red is 4 and 2 reds are 8 and so on until you get 25
    I am having a real problem with this one (playing on expert) so....If I understand this right, I have to step on any squares to add up to 25, then the door should open? So I have tried that and it still does not open, do I have to stand on the last square until it does? Or jump off? Do I have to have a direct path to the door? Or must I pick a straight line? Nothing seems to work for me. Help please!

There is a slight time element involved so it's possible you're taking too long. The easiest one to do is the 3rd strip from the left where you just need to run straight down and I think, take one step to a red one on your left and that will open it.

I just had to edit that so I hope you read that I meant left not right.

DONE! You have accomplished a proper Tour De Force, Nicked. I'm thinking Garrett really does deserve to retire after this. Tons of loot, rivals dead and supernatural threats vanquished--we need a rest mission: Garrett's Hideaway.

The various water flows were the finest to be ever rendered in Thief, I think. Congratulations and thanks!

d. 2014
    stuck i have done the moving steps and the long blocks that come out of the wall now in a room with a lever which i frobbed heard something open but what i cant find anywhere to go i cant go back

On the wall just past the long blocks, there's a switch which will bring the blocks out again and keep them in place. The lever you pulled raises another part of the central bridge.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    On the wall just past the long blocks, there's a switch which will bring the blocks out again and keep them in place. The lever you pulled raises another part of the central bridge.
    its ok i went back to an earlier save thanks anyway

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    its ok i went back to an earlier save thanks anyway
    finished this is one of the best set of missions i have ever played

WOW ....... missed 50 loot and I am short before the end ........ is there any loot after leaving the Temple behind you ??? or should I give the Isle another try ???
    By the way got the 3 plants but I have still the feeling there are more than 3 and I missed the rest ?

I don't think there are more than 3 and no, there's no loot after leaving the temple.

I don't think there are more than 3 and no, there's no loot after leaving the temple.
    I'm fairly sure that I did find four plants but I can only remember these three places where I found them:
    - In the ruins area between two prominent rocks on the north wall surrounding the area. Very easy to find.
    - In the catacombs: In the south east area behind a stone door frame (the lengthy green area).
    - Near the entry waterfall: On the side of a rock a bit above the water level. I got it by jumping down from the log leading to the well area and grabbing it on the fly!

Actually, they were one of the things I kept meaning to ask about but always forgot. That's where I found them as well. The last one I got just by shooting a vine arrow to the plank above.

Could someone help me locate the Earth Key please? I've found the other 3 already. Thanks!

In the lower part of the catacombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    I'm fairly sure that I did find four plants but I can only remember these three places where I found them:
    - In the ruins area between two prominent rocks on the north wall surrounding the area. Very easy to find.
    - In the catacombs: In the south east area behind a stone door frame (the lengthy green area).
    - Near the entry waterfall: On the side of a rock a bit above the water level. I got it by jumping down from the log leading to the well area and grabbing it on the fly!
    Yes I am quite sure I found 4 but I can't for the life of me remember where I found the last one. Think maybe it was after you get in the temple?

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Yes I am quite sure I found 4 but I can't for the life of me remember where I found the last one. Think maybe it was after you get in the temple?
    The one in the temple is only for breathing under water, I think.

In the lower part of the catacombs.
    I can't find it I've searched the catacombs, except for the 'door' with the clue, 'can be opened on other side of dead river', i've frobbed the lever near the river too.

EDIT: Nevermind, worked it out. In case anyone else is stuck, read the 'clue' carefully!

Plants: there are 5.

1 Trickster's Wheel on wall in recess N of waterfall at start level
    2 Blood Vine just below the top rim of the start waterfall
    3 Red Miriam behind small room with crystal door NE of ancient lighthouse area
    4 Phaseleaf against cliff wall N of entrance to catacombs
    5 Ghoulbane E end of catacombs

Great mission!
    I had no problem with the puzzles in Indiana Jones style but now I'm in the room with Octopussy and I don't know how to climb the green tower. Vine arrow didn't work. I asked the friendly guard "Beam me up, Scotty" but he doesn't like me.
    Any hints?

I can't quite remember which this one is but have you looked round the back of it? One of them is only accessible from the rear.

Just a wee bit curious about Millet's Hoarde. There doesn't seem to be any mention of him or any clues scattered about. Surely the Captain would have recorded something about a larcenous deserter?

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    Just a wee bit curious about Millet's Hoarde. There doesn't seem to be any mention of him or any clues scattered about. Surely the Captain would have recorded something about a larcenous deserter?
    I didn't see any clues either... but it was surprisingly easy to find.

As far as I know the only mention of him is in the objectives: You once heard an old story about a member of Sturmdrang's crew who deserted with as much treasure as he could carry. When escape proved impossible, he hid the treasure somewhere on this side of the island before he could be captured. Find Millet's hoarde.

There is a slight time element involved so it's possible you're taking too long. The easiest one to do is the 3rd strip from the left where you just need to run straight down and I think, take one step to a red one on your left and that will open it.

I just had to edit that so I hope you read that I meant left not right.
    Ok, this solved the puzzle but makes absolutely no sense.
    I want to get this straight in case anyone else is having the same issue.
    Playing on expert.

Plate 1:
    Count 4 for a red sacrifice.
    Count 3 for a yellow sunrise.
    Count 2 for the green jungle.
    Count 1 for Mohana's blue ocean."

Plate 2:
    Count 25 exactly to be granted passage.

nickie's suggested sequence:
    yellow, red, blue, red, yellow, green, red, red
    TOTAL 8
    2 yellows
    4 reds
    1 blue
    1 green

How I was supposed to figure this out? I mean, is there any sense at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    I didn't see any clues either... but it was surprisingly easy to find.
    As easy to find as the bonus objective?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast