TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sturmdrang Peak Mission 6 - Hubris and Humidity questions

Stuck again - Inner Sanctum

Here I go again. Avoiding haunts in the inner sanctum isn't hard, just drop in behind them and follow them around. I entered each key tower but the only one with a clear way to the top was the red one. OK that's easy so I started up. I conveniently found the red crystal sword on a lower level and proceeded to the top. Put the sword in the keyhole and woke the god. He dispatched his guards and I had to sword fight the one guarding the tower's upper level on the way down. So far I have found them vulnerable to sword and fire arrow when caught unaware. Now I face a problem, how to I get into the upper reaches of the other three towers. Vine arrow didn't work. Reading some previous posts I see there are various plants throughout the game. Should I go back to a previous save and pick them up or am I missing something (not so) obvious.
    Last edited by nickie; 1st Jun 2013 at 03:30. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Gilkar. I just finished it myself. I'll give you some hints.
    For the green tower: check out the back wall and try a new sport: mountainclimbing.
    For the the other two you have to get out at some point upstairs and try to climb you're way back up.
    I hope these hints are enough for you to proceed.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Considering that the bad guys near the end appear frequently during the course of the last puzzle, I'd recommend putting them out of business (permanently) as soon as possible. Once two or three of them are tailing Garrett, it's a bit hard to avoid the other ones who might soon join the battle.

In addition to fire and the sword, flash mines, flashbombs and explosive mines harm them as well. I assume they're not very different from your standard haunt in this regard.

If you're still carrying a Scouting orb when the credits roll, try tossing it into the water and looking up. You should see Garrett's legs sticking out from under the boat - so much for "the master thief who cannot see his own feet".

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I haven't got my handy map but hopefully this will get you in the right area.

Go to the ruins which have the entrance to the catacombs, the parapet around it and the buildings outside that area and look for a ruined building with a tree growing out of it.
    Huh, that was a bit anti-climatic for all the trouble it gave me. I must been just out of frob range everytime I searched that area. Given the piratical theme, I had hoped for a bit of a riddle-solving to locate it.

Thanks Gloria for the hints. I'll try them. As you can tell I don't know quite how to respond to threads or how to hide spoilers. This is the first time I have actively participated in the forum. Usually I just read everyone's comments. Of Course THIEF has been around for quite some time. and it took me quite a while to find out there were FM's. It truly extends the THIEF experience. I admire those developers who come up with a storyline plot and the ambitious folk who build the game. I love to try it myself sometime but my knowledge is mediocre at best at building anything that requires all the detail that goes into these missions. That being said I am anxiously awaiting Thief 4.

For spoiler cover, have a look along the top of the reply box, click on the blue S and type in between the two. Or type what you want, highlight it and then click on the S.

Congratulations, overall it's a great story and mission. Outta the expert for 12 hours.

In the end in the large room with the giant squid I had a sudden but major feeling of Déja Vu, because I am sure I already played a Fan Mission where you had to climb exactly those 4 towers. Did anyone else remember that and if yes, which FM was it actually?

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    In the end in the large room with the giant squid I had a sudden but major feeling of Déja Vu, because I am sure I already played a Fan Mission where you had to climb exactly those 4 towers. Did anyone else remember that and if yes, which FM was it actually?
    The only mission with a somewhat similar setup which I remember is the second mission of "The Mirror of Return", where the player is transported into a partially flooded pyramid and finds four tall towers with four guardians. The player has to climb all of these towers and do something near the top, I think.

I do not remember any mission where exact duplicates of the
    spoiler:
    four towers
    of the last room were present.

I sincerely hope there aren't any exact copies of the towers, since I made them from scratch!

guardians

Trying to figure out what order for the guardians, hit the fire guardians in loads of dif orders but nothing working ???.

Lord Soth: Imagine a clock face - the arrow points to noon. Hit the 2 fire guardians (the ones with the fire symbol) to the left of where the arrow is pointing; they are the "Fire Guardians of Morning".

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    The only mission with a somewhat similar setup which I remember is the second mission of "The Mirror of Return", where the player is transported into a partially flooded pyramid and finds four tall towers with four guardians. The player has to climb all of these towers and do something near the top, I think.

I do not remember any mission where exact duplicates of the
    spoiler:
    four towers
    of the last room were present.
    Thank you, I just checked the mission - it was indeed the one I meant. It just seemed to be very similar, but certainly not exactly the same

WOW!!! That's all I can say about this series. Absolutely fantastic, loved this last mission. My fave so far

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I sincerely hope there aren't any exact copies of the towers, since I made them from scratch!
    There's an amusing note to be found original Thief ("The Sword"). It's an inquiry from the architecture firm that built Constantine's crazy mansion. Apparently the invoice was paid with raw gold (those nuggets Garrett finds scattered about) and the author is curious about the source of the unusual, but acceptable currency.

This might explain why the various tombs, temples and fortresses seem so familiar. The various demons, demigods and wizards are hiring/enslaving the same groups of architects, engineers and craftsmen that the Hammerites, Keepers and Pagans used throughout history.

hello taffers

can somebody write the location of all 3 secrets? only found one, so naturally I missed some loot (a little bit over 2000 right now)

I hoped to find one in the temple, but failed. maybe I've missed it anyway, I didn't wait earlier and finished this great campaign. I have all bonus objectives also. Only thing I'm missing is those 2 secrets...

1. At the start, facing away from the sea, turn to your right and work your way round the cliff edge. Falling off the ledge is not something you want to do.
    2. In the Old Lighthouse, south of the map, below ground level - switch up the ladder.
    3. In the SE ruins, Ancient Lighthouse area, over the wall behind the first building on your right.

I only had the second

thanks Nickie!

This was a great use of about ~8 total hours of gaming. I got most of the secrets and loot, some of them hidden very well but not in super obtuse spots. Very cool. I was hoping there'd be
    spoiler:
    a night time return to robbing the town mission 1 at the end of mission 4 but it cut directly to mission 5
    . I'd rate it up there in quality in spots with some of my favorites like Conspiracies in the Dark by Ramirez's Old Fat Burrick. No idea what the deal is with the 4th mission, by the way--cuts my framerate up a bit, but I suppose I should get a newer computer sometime.

Where do I find the key for grate with the lever at the top of the pyramid? (I presume it's the entrance to the catacombs)

On a table in the ancient lighthouse - SE ruins.

Thanks!

Question: I'm in the southern area where you first get the runestone of water. Around back of the building is a cross, and next to that there's a hidden door in the cliff. I can tell because my weapons make a THUNK noise when they hit it. How do I open this door?

[EDIT] Disregard. I looked in DromEd, and there's nothing there. Though that doesn't explain why my weapons made a collision sound. Weird...
    Last edited by EmperorSteele; 24th Jul 2013 at 19:20.

Weapons collide with all solids, not just objects. That was a design choice.

The little hidden slidey bit behind the house is actually where the secret door inside the house slides into.

savegame mission VI

Is it possible to get a savegame at the beginning of the mission 6 ?
    Greetings from Brazil

Carlos Schmidt

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast