TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NewDark 64 Cubed Contest - RESULTS!

Southquarter.com/fms

NewDark 64 Cubed Contest - RESULTS!

The results are in...thanks to everyone who participated, played and voted. And without further ado, the winner of the contest is...

Xorak, for his entry - Zealot's Hollow. Congratulations, nice work there.

(It's only fitting, I think you should have won the Reloaded 2 contest, if only you had gotten your entry in on time - maybe I should be thanking you for that... )

Here are the average scores, ranked from top to bottom. Remember, there were 3 categories worth 5 points each, so the highest score an FM could attain was 15.

1. Zealot's Hollow, by Xorak, 13.42
    2. Cell 6 by Yandros/Tannar/Random_Taffer, 12.85
    3. (tie) The Sinkhole, by Weasel, 11.89
    3. (tie) Way Home, by Notesthes, 11.89
    5. The Unseen, by skacky, 11.24
    6. Schizophrenica, by fibanocci, 10.66
    7. Til Death Do Us Part, by MysteryMan, 10.18
    8. Dead Night Sweet Delight, by MysteryMan, 9.71

And few shout outs to wrap things up here:

• Congrats to Weasel, fibanocci, and MysteryMan - if my info is correct, you guys are all first timers. Great work getting your first mission released, here's to many more...
    • Special mention to MysteryMan - although your missions finished near the bottom in voting, I thought it was quite an accomplishment getting multiple entries in for the contest with such a short period of time to work with. Nice going there. And don't think for a second your missions weren't any good just because of where you placed, I thought they were great.
    • Thanks to Al_B for rigging up the voting system and tallying/summarizing all the stats. You made it real easy on me, man. Thanks a bunch.
    • Thanks to the mods here in the FM forum (namely nickie, Tannar, and Nightwalker) for your helpful advise and assistance. I wish I could buy you guys a beer.

ALSO - there are comments for each mission, and I will organize and post them soon. But not tonight, too tired. I will try to get them up before the weekend - they will be posted in this thread and linked in the first post.

Edit: Voter comments are posted, see links below:

Cell 6
    Dead Night Sweet Delight
    Schizophrenica
    The Sinkhole
    The Unseen
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Way Home
    Zealot's Hollow
    Last edited by Brethren; 20th May 2013 at 10:48.

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations Xorak and to all the authors! Thanks for such a great set of missions.
    Really great contest!

Congratulations, Xorak! And to all the other authors!

Congratulations Xorak and all the other authors too. I think everyone will be pleased with the comments they received when Brethren posts them up.

And many thanks to Brethren for organising the contest.

Congratulations, Xorak! Well done. That is a great mission!

Congrats to everyone that entered and thank you for creating such wonderful missions. As always, it's the community that really wins thanks to your fantastic work and generosity!

And thank you Brethren for hosting the contest and to Firemage for getting the ball rolling.

Congratulations to Xorak and all these authors! And thank you for your wonderful work. All the scores were quite high, so really there were no losers in this batch. Lots of good stuff in each and every one of these missions.

THREE first-timers? That's awesome! Keep 'em coming!
    Last edited by redleaf; 16th May 2013 at 05:02. Reason: dumb typo

I'll just say Congrats to all since all of them were awesome

Congratulations! The Contest was just wonderful! Keep it up!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Congrats to all the authors, especially to Xorak and the first-timers! It was a great contest!

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Congratulations Xorak
    Congrats to all the other fm authors as well, you granted us some solid missions for this contest. I never thought there were 3 first timers !
    My personal favorite remains the unseen, closely followed by cell 6 and zealot's hollow

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    The Unseen was my favorite by a slight margin as well, and now I know why - I'm a fan of all of skacky's missions.

Congrats everyone! My favorite was the Sinkhole, but Zealot's Hollow is a very solid entry and deserves to win.

Aww, a skacky mission and I couldn't play it due to technical problems

Anyhow, congratulations to Xorak whose mission was very much my favourite, and the other authors who also delivered very good entries. This was a very good contest.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    I have a little question, I've been wondering for a while now : is MysteryMan an actual newcomer, or is he someone else in disguise ? I tend to think it's Firemage, dunno why

Heh-heh. I just PM'd Xorak, squeezing him for information on one of the secrets I couldn't figure out. I thought FireMage was the author, due to the 28 RelayTraps used to setup all the objectives. Had me running around in circles trying to figure things out.

Fine little mission. Amazing use of space. For its size the mission file weighs in at a whopping 18 MB!

Congratulations to Xorak for getting first place! All of the authors should be proud as there wasn't a bad mission in the bunch which is why the scores are so close. I enjoyed playing all of them and would like to say thank you to the authors for participating.

Also, thanks to Brethren for running the contest!

Well done to all the authors and enjoy your prizes. Zealot's Hollow was my favourite, so much in such a tiny area. A deserved winner!

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    Thanks to everyone. Brethren for running the contest, the players for voting and playing, and the other FM makers. In three months we managed to create eight great missions and give a taste of what NewDark is capable of.

Congratulations to all!
    Overall this was probably the most exiting and coolest contest I ever happened to witness.
    The ranking pretty much matches my own rating, but I must say I am surprised to see 'Schizophrenica' that low on the ranking.
    And I am surprised that this was done by a 'newbie' . On my own list it was #1 together with "Zealot's Hollow", a surely well deserved winner.
    I am sure this was only due to some technical glitches and not because of lack of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    Thanks to everyone. Brethren for running the contest, the players for voting and playing, and the other FM makers. In three months we managed to create eight great missions and give a taste of what NewDark is capable of.
    Oh yes, I definitely agree... This was the toughest yet in contests. MysteryMan pulled off a "double-duty" feat. Both missions were fantastic... Great job to all authors. And many thanks to AL_B and Brethren. Long live New Dark!

Thiefmissions.com

Congratulations to the winners and my thanks to all of the entrants. Now to give out the prizes. If I happen to not be around once the prize pool is put together, please PM or email me. My prize offering was http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2167476.

The tie for third place does make things interesting, though. I'm sure we'll figure out something.

Ui, nice. After the last four entries I wouldn't have thought, that I am among the first four ranks... However, the idea of the gameplay of the Sinkohole was my favourite.

Congratulations, Xorak. I think the architecture of your mission is amazing.
    And congratulations to the other authors as well!

Also thank you to Brethren for organising, and the community for participating. The contest was fun.

AWESOME!

Thanks to all of themission builders!! These missions were IMHO some of the best I have ever played!

Thanks again for keeping me well entertained!

Congratulations on the winning entry Xorak - superb mission! Well deserved and up against some really tough competition.

Like many others I thought the quality of entries was amazing and thanks to all authors - and all involved - in making such a great contest. One of the best I can remember.

Just to say THANK YOU to each and every Author...there were some fab games in there,and all were of a very high standard....Congrats to Xorak,on a well deserved win, enjoyed ZH so much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast