TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief Enhancement Pack 2.0 alpha

Zombified
    if there is a matching texture, this will be TFixed.

Yup, FAM/ancient/StucoAnc should do the trick.

Here's another slight problem:

Which level is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Which level is that?
    Looks like Song of the Caverns.

Zombified
    this should be fixed in the map - provide a quicksave and it will be added to TFix.

Won't fixing it with TFix break it for people not using the EP? It fit correctly with the original models IIRC.

Zombified
    it will work properly as long as TFix's EP1 is installed and active (EP specific fixes, like modified sizes of the gears, only activate when EP is installed, for obvious reasons. and, as EP2 resources will override the EP1 resources, everything will work as intended). will make a note about it somewhere. alternatively, the dml can be included in EP2 as well, that would make it bulletproof.

Code:
    DML1

//tiara needs to be repositioned
    ObjProp 72 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" -0.109, -94.64, 22.685
    }
    +ObjProp 783 "Scale" = 0.845, 0.85, 0.9
    whether you actually want to jump on the dml bandwagon with EP2 is another question entirely.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 22nd Mar 2014 at 13:25.

Yes it's Song of the Caverns. I don't have a quick save, but it's one of the statues in the area in front of the cloak check room.

Zombified
    already found it, obj id 72. but in the future, do try to include savegames when reporting such issues, it makes my life (or life of anyone fixing them) much easier.

I'm just wondering if it that really counts as a placement issue, though. Maybe the statue model should be adjusted so that the tiara still fits on it.
    Using a DML will only fix this particular instance, not any case of someone doing the same thing in an FM.

Zombified
    well I'm certainly not going to complain if you are willing to try, but it sounds like a lot of pita, if you ask me. the updated models would need to have their dimensions adjusted perfectly.

//just checked how the orig models look like, the placement is far from perfect. my advice - don't try to adjust the models to fit the (orig Thief) maps. with all the imperfect placements, there is just no way of making it work perfectly in all situations. providing the updated resources and leaving map fixes upon those who maintain the maps is probably the best course of action.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 22nd Mar 2014 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    it will work properly as long as TFix's EP1 is installed and active (EP specific fixes, like modified sizes of the gears, only activate when EP is installed, for obvious reasons. and, as EP2 resources will override the EP1 resources, everything will work as intended). will make a note about it somewhere. alternatively, the dml can be included in EP2 as well, that would make it bulletproof.

Code:
    DML1

//tiara needs to be repositioned
    ObjProp 72 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" -0.109, -94.64, 22.685
    }
    +ObjProp 783 "Scale" = 0.845, 0.85, 0.9
    whether you actually want to jump on the dml bandwagon with EP2 is another question entirely.
    Maybe it's time to include *everything* from EP1 in EP2?

Zombified
    there isn't anything to backport. the fixes are only a few at the moment, and they tend to some specific T1 issues. and I don't think including game specific dmls in EP is a good idea - it should remain what it is now, a hires resource package, nothing else. making sure those resources fit properly should be up to those who create (or modify) the respective missions.

EP2 already contains all the resources from EP1, if that's what you mean.

Could you release the updated alpha version? Just like the last time.

Southquarter.com/fms
    FYI - I was playing some Thief Gold tonight, and I was getting the alternating water texture thing going on in the OMs. It appears that the water textures in Orgy's texture pack are conflicting with the ones in the most recent EP, so I just deleted (your can rename too) the /Waterhw directory in ThiefGold/MODS/FAM/ and it eliminates the conflict without having to uninstall the entire texture pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    I have this one already. Last modified: 1 Feb 2014. Have you got the newest one?

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    FYI - I was playing some Thief Gold tonight, and I was getting the alternating water texture thing going on in the OMs.
    if I remember correctly, this can be mtl-remedied, basically, all packs that contain a set of hires water textures should also contain a mtl file which specifies how many frames are in the sequence. that makes sure no other frames are loaded. EP2 should include them too (I believe one mtl will be needed for each water type/each texture set).
    Code:
    ani_frames 
    ----------------

Animation frames. Default is 0, which means the frame count is determined by the number of files found.
        While not required it may be good practice to set this param, this avoids conflicts with other mods. For
        example if one mod overrides the water textures and has 15 frames, then another mod has 20 frames. Without
        setting ani_frames this can result in 15 frames from one mod being used and the last 5 frames from the other.
        If the texture isn't animated the parameter is ignored.

Ex:
            ani_frames 20
    Last edited by voodoo47; 3rd Apr 2014 at 07:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixthoor View Post
    I have this one already. Last modified: 1 Feb 2014. Have you got the newest one?
    I don't know if NV has different links for each revision. I think this is the only one available, but he'll have to verify my assumption.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Yup, FAM/ancient/StucoAnc should do the trick.
    found the reason why LGS did not use it in the first place - this texture cannot be loaded into oldDromed for some reason. duct taped the place, and the proper fix will have to wait for the NewDark conversion (at this moment, the fixed maps are still oldDark compatible for a bunch of reasons).

disabling water reflection

Hey everyone. First off, thanks for putting together this amazing pack of enhanced textures, it makes a world of difference playing Thief 1/2 again. I'm here for the following reason. The reflection map/texture on the water surface. It's annoying the hell out of me. I can just barely see the actual water underneath. Here's what I mean.

Is it something on my end? Before using this pack exclusively, I was using the texture pack and water effects that come with Tafferpatcher and this wasn't showing up. Any hints where this texture might be? I'd be happy to replace it with a blank one. Is there a less painful solution?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Other non-related questions.
    1. Which threads are you guys looking at for enhanced textures (the ones you're not making yourselves), "Canon texture packs"?
    2. Has anyone, to your knowledge, contacted the devs for the original texture sources? I've heard a lot of the textures were photographs the devs (or at least one of them) took on their trips abroad.

3. Is this issue known? The banner goes from old to new after you cut it.

Last edited by demonee; 23rd Apr 2014 at 09:46.

Without knowing the FM's title, I'm guessing it has an .MTL file. If so, go to your thief directory and open up the fam/waterhw folder. Look for a file with the .mtl extension. Rename it to name.bak or delete it. If it still looks the same, you'll have to re-start the game.

I'll look that up, will report back if I make any progress.

Also, forgot to mention, this is Thief 2, mission Blackmail. It's the same in all missions.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast