TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Thief Enhancement Pack 2.0 alpha

I've updated the archive linked in the first post.

Thanks to Necrobob for supplying me with a lot of the new textures!

Download the Thief Enhancement Pack 2.0

Woot!

Also thanks to Gecko for the permission to use the more faithful of his HD textures.

Btw, don't forget to update the update date, mate.

Were those included in the files you sent me?

Either way, updated the date.

Yeah, his great catacomb knight, and the Constantine rose window and flower stone +a rock texture or two. He's contributed before though, so like I said, the list of authors remains the same to the best of my knowledge.
    Last edited by Necrobob; 22nd Nov 2014 at 16:31.

Thank you.

Whoops, looks like you've put in dxt-compressed versions of textures that appear in the item loadout screen, naughty boy! This is a pretty serious issue, considering that it crashes the game because loadout is software rendered. Dxt should be mainly kept for FAM and MESH textures, and objects we're very sure are unlikely to show up in the loadout even in fan missions (trees, etc).

The culprits are mainly the rust* series, which were actually already in OBJ in artistically identical, uncompressed png form.

Zombified
    no chance of checking the current version, but just to be sure, linking the hires T1 torch set. would be nice to have them in EP2 by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    Whoops, looks like you've put in dxt-compressed versions of textures that appear in the item loadout screen, naughty boy! This is a pretty serious issue, considering that it crashes the game because loadout is software rendered. Dxt should be mainly kept for FAM and MESH textures, and objects we're very sure are unlikely to show up in the loadout even in fan missions (trees, etc).

The culprits are mainly the rust* series, which were actually already in OBJ in artistically identical, uncompressed png form.
    Oops, I think I went a bit overboard converting everything to dds. I wanted to compress down as many textures as possible to save video memory (since Gecko's pack kept crashing the game with all-PNG textures, and the EP probably has as many or more textures now.)

I'll put the PNGs back in for all the object textures other than doors, roofs and trees. (Would any FM author ever allow the player to buy a door in the loadout screen?!)

I wish I could just keep everything as PNG, since DDS always loses a little of the colour fidelity, but I think avoiding crashes is more important.

In any case, I've re-uploaded the .crf with the DDS object textures removed. I also included those hires T1 torches.

(Amusingly, the first place I looked to see if they worked had the torch stuck in the wall, but it was LGS' bad placement, not a bug with the model.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    (Would any FM author ever allow the player to buy a door in the loadout screen?!)
    A door could be used to represent the player bribing a servant to leave a door unlocked. However the author would test this and find a problem well before even the beta testers.

Shouldn't this thing not be called '2.0 alpha' anymore considering all the revisions and re-uploads it has?

Yes.

I just played through Bafford's and the new textures are such an improvement. They look even better in game with light and shadow than they sometimes do when people just post the textures here.

NV, you forgot my improved Bafford throne:
    http://catmanofiowa.com/RSoul/bafseat.html

and my version of the FancyBed:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...03#post2061903

Thank you!

PS:
    I am a little confused. What should I use? TMA + newest EP 2.0 or TMA + T2 HD Mod or maybe TMA + NecroAge? Are they 3 dffrents textures packs I presume, right?

Each of them does a different thing.

The EP is supposed to be "the same but better", keeping the style of the original game as much as possible (and wherever it strays from that goal, it should be reported as a bug.)

NecroAge is meant to be fairly similar, but with a much darker, dirtier, grungier look. Necrobob describes it as "the EP's evil twin", and as "faithful to original but with a grimy Rocksbourg-inspired look."

HD Mod is a much more sweeping modification, which significantly changes the style and appearance of the game.

The EP is supposed to be a patch, the HD Mod is a mod, and NecroAge falls somewhere between the two.

You are amazing... taffers! Thx a lot!!! I will check each of your hard work. Keep doing, don't stop.

The .\fam\core\wdplanko texture appears to be scaled too large. Changing the terrain scale from 64 to 32 in wdplanko.mtl appears to correct the scale.

Sounds like you might be running on an old version of NewDark, which doesn't support material tile factors.

EP2 needs v1.21 or higher.

I'm using Newdark 1.22.

Original Texture:

EP2:

Unmodified contents of wdplanko.mtl:
    Code:
    terrain_scale 64
    tile_factor 4
    Also, it appears that changing terrain_scale to 32 doesn't actually scale the texture to its original scale. 16 does seem to, however:

Yes, because the tile_factor is being ignored. I can't think why that would happen other than your NewDark being out-of-date.
    If you're talking about core textures, you must be using Thief 1; are you sure your T1 install is the same version as your T2?

Using a different terrain_scale from the original texture is a Bad Thing (tm) because it breaks secret doors.

It looks fine for me in 1.22

Looks like user error on my part. I think somehow I downloaded the wrong ep2.crf? Or I mixed up a previously downloaded version. Anyhow, it's working now. Sorry for the trouble.

Ah, that's good then.

Flashing water texture with EPv2.0a

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Updated.
    Hey Everyone, Big shout out, thanks and general praise to all modders,artists and coders that have been woring on ep2a. Just installed TG followed by Tfixv1.20a and then droped ep2a into mod folder. Well its working but i dont see that much of a change and i have this water texture flashing glitch. Ive been reading posts on why this is the case and how to resolve it with the Uber_mod_path approch and am confused with it all. I kinda get it but am wondering why not limit water textures to 14 frames like the origional ? Also if you have added the uber_mod_path to the ep2 then it dosent work or more likely ive missed something. Going to try to fix it now with by editing the ini specified.

Zombified
    you are supposed to drop it into the root folder, from there it should work without additional file edits.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    you need to have that extra thief1 bit in your cam_mod.ini to avoid that;
    Code:
    ep2\thief1+ep2
    Yea we are putting that in the Cam file but still the torches are backwards

"mod_path ep2\thief1+ep2"

Doesn't work. Torches are still backwards

Zombified
    install TFix, make sure EP1 IS selected, drop EP2 into the root folder, and it will work properly.

Updated with whatever I had lying around on my hard disk and found in the development thread since last year.

Caveat: still doesn't contain Bafford's Throne.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast