TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Thief Enhancement Pack 2.0 alpha

Southquarter.com/fms
    Wait, this new version is smaller than the version of EP2 that I currently have. Is that right?

Better use of compression, I'd wager.

Yes, I converted a few more large PNG textures to DDS.

Another minor update, fixing some bugs in the previous version and adding a few more object textures.

Ok, I dont understand what you mean by "make sure EP1 is selected.

Do you mean in the Cam_mod.ini towards the bottom making sure that it reads: "EP\thief1+EP?

And yes everything both EP and EP2 are in the root folder of Thief Gold. so Crogram files (x86)/Thief Gold

Not to be rude but whoever made thief Gold HD it sure is great but there was no need to "overwrite" the improved objects that TFix gave us. This just caused a whole lot of issues.

So now I have 1 of 2 choices. don't have any EP active throught the above command line of "EP2\thief1+EP2" and I will have HD textures but the crappy original objects OR!!! I can enable the "EP2\thief1+EP2 and I will have the smoother garret arms and weapons as well as objects but NO HD TEXTURES.

Total crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Another minor update, fixing some bugs in the previous version and adding a few more object textures.
    Do I need this with TG HD Mod v1.0 or TG Necro v2.2.1?

Tobias: are you saying that there are arm models in TG HD which are better than the ones included in the EP2, while still staying true to the originals?
    In that case, they should be added to the EP. Who made them?

Are there any other models where the EP looks worse?

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Ok, I dont understand what you mean by "make sure EP1 is selected
    install TFix, do not change the mod loadout, drop EP2.crf into your Thief folder, done, everything working as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Total crap.
    you are free to make a better patcher/update pack/whatever. oh, you can't? well sucks to be you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    there are arm models in TG HD which are better than the ones included in the EP2, while still staying true to the originals?
    In that case, they should be added to the EP. Who made them?

Are there any other models where the EP looks worse?
    TFix, Tafferpatcher and hdmod use the fixed up orig T2 style swords. while not having the fancy blade and handle, they do not have those awful cracks in the model. I believe LarryG made them? not sure, it's been ages.

TFix, Tafferpatcher and hdmod use the fixed up orig T2 style swords. while not having the fancy blade and handle, they do not have those awful cracks in the model. I believe LarryG made them? not sure, it's been ages.
    I know the crossbow arms I used in Strife! et al. were made by Eshkataar. Perhaps he made the other arms as well? But LarryG is certainly qualified, also.

Zombified
    ok, so here is the stuff - fixed textures if you want the old blackjack, and fixed up swords and the new leaner blackjack model with corresponding fixed textures. you will probably have to play around a bit to see what you like (if you want to use the classic blackjack model, you will have to kick the model and its textures from the second package, and use just the textures and motions from the first. you will need the motions for T1 from the first one at all times though).

Just dropped by to thank whoever created/contributed to this pack. I have studied new HD mods for awhile and didn't find reason to choose them over this pack personally. It has something to do with specific tone of the original game..

Please, keep up the good work!

For Thief1, the cris05.png texture found in .\Thief1\fam\CITY\ needs a *.mtl file to change its scale: terrain_scale 128 128

Thanks, will be fixed in the next version.

Mirror for ep2

I haven't downloaded any ep packs since I started playing thief years ago.

I'd like to start now but I'm concerned in case I have problems with it. I don't know how fix things like this.
    I'd just like to download it and forget about it. Is that possible?

Thanks and is it totally worth it?
    Also, is it really 779 MB?

Southquarter.com/fms
    It's easy, just follow the directions in the original post. Once you drop it into the right place, you never have to worry about it again. As it's updated, you just replace the old file with the new one.

And yes, the file is large, but it will improve not only textures but also objects as well. And the new material stays (more or less) faithful to the spirit of the original.

Ok Thanks, one more question , please

I copied it in the cam_mod.ini do I have to enter a ; before it?

no. lines with ; are ignored and take no effect

Will we see HD characters with the next update?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    If by "characters" you mean AI, then no. There is an effort underway to update all of the AI with detailed meshes and new animations, but it's a tremendous amount of work.

I've got ep2 now, finished downloading, and I'm now playing an FM and the water is switching from one look to another. It's very transparent with a greenish tint then it switches to light blue with whitish tops.

Southquarter.com/fms
    My experience has been that the t2water mod, which is included with Tafferpatcher, conflicts with EP2. Run Tafferpatcher again, and uncheck the t2water option when it comes up.

Edit: I think alternatively you can just delete the t2water folder from the /MODS directory in your Thief 2 installation.
    Last edited by Brethren; 6th Nov 2015 at 15:57.

Thanks very much.

Edit: I looked in my Thief 2 folder for the t2water mod and it's not there. In fact, I can't find any folder/file called Mods.

So I tried to run Tafferpatcher again, and this time none of the boxes were ticked off like they were the last time so I don't know which ones I have to tick and which ones leave unticked.
    Last edited by llanita; 7th Nov 2015 at 07:03.

I also copied the ep2 into my thief folder and changed the mod thingy.
    Now the water in the sewer in the thief fm that I'm playing is orangey and awful looking.

I know that Brethren said to just get rid of the t2water in the Mod folder but like I mentioned in my post above this, I don't have a Mod folder, however, in Thief 1 I do.
    There's a Mod/fam/waterhw, and under waterhw there are a load of files ending in .ddx and .pcx

No idea which ones to get rid off.
    I need advice on this post and the one above this one please.
    Thanks much

For some reason, the torch textures don't appear to be included in ep2, leaving them all white in game.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast