TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast

Thread: My first FM "The Mystery Man" released! (26/03/2001)

doaal

Skeptic Intruder...

Set your sights "higher", the answer is in the main hallway. Look carefully!

------------------
    My Magic Items Demo (Thief 1)

My FM "The Mystery Man"
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:52. Reason: added spoiler cover

Skeptic Intruder

That was pretty speedy response this time lol.

Got it, thanks.

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Jupiter, you forgot my T1 mission "The Spider Caves"!

------------------

bandera1

does darkloader play both thief 1 and 2?

YcatX

I'll try it out... By all the comments it must be good...

Try out mine if you get the chance. (When I finish Beta)

Goldmoon Dawn

Well, Doaal, I found what I was looking for and am still plugging along. This level keeps getting funner and funner. What I was missing for so long I found by, um, looking up at a certain fire-place!

doaal

Hey Goldmoon Dawn, please don't give away too many spoilers If you do make sure you give a warning first.

WARNING! SPOILER ALERT! for example.

------------------

My FM "The Mystery Man"

doaal

Sure YcatX I'll try yours out when you get it finished If I have enough time that is.

------------------

My FM "The Mystery Man"

Sharga

Holy cow! Thats a lot of fms! I was planning on starting an fm playin spree since I haven't played many...but now I feel like I can never play them all. Oh well...still fixing pesky bugs in Moc2...untill then play MM.

SPOILER!!!!!

If you drop a loaf of bread in the center of each bedroom and then drop four carrots on the platform that the front guards are standing on for the entrance and you take 20 laps in a swimming pool you can find that nothing will happen and you WILL NOT get a bow upgrade! Isn't that cool?

Well... enjoy this jucy little secret. I'm not giving any more. Especially the one about the nonexistent invisible unattainable and inaudible hover craft that you can find if you just-
    whoah! Good thing I stopped myself.

No_Coke_Pepsi

Originally posted by Sharga:
    If you drop a loaf of bread in the center of each bedroom and then drop four carrots on the platform that the front guards are standing on for the entrance and you take 20 laps in a swimming pool you can find that nothing will happen and you WILL NOT get a bow upgrade! Isn't that cool?
    Sharga, I wanted to discover that for myself! Goshdarnit!

Keeper of Metal and Gold

"The Mystery Man" is now up at the Keep

------------------

YcatX

I spent two hours in circles...

Where is mortimer? I mean I even managed to jump and climb up the balcony, and even climbed down that pit.

Grabbed about 30 flight arrows from jumping up and down and collecting the arrows that two guards fire at you.
    Kinda stressfull to sit there and watch all these arrows wiz past your face... I kept wanting to duck.

Some of your beasts look kinda like my brainsuckers...

------------------
    YcatX

Skeptic Intruder

You sure Mortimer is who you're looking for? Maybe you already found him; he's the guard who has the upper floor key on him, find him by going through the fireplace upstairs. Then examine the painting closely.

There's lots and lots of secret passages and hidden things, look carefully.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:52. Reason: added spoiler cover

Nightwalker

This is a great mission! I've been having a lot of fun, but now I'm stuck.
    SPOILERS FOLLOW!!!!!!
    I've found the Master's key and the notes say it opens Hector's rooms, but I can't find them. There are a set of double doors off of the pool area that I can't get into, but that key doesn't work on those doors either, so I can't figure out where to go next. I have the Talisman's of Air and Fire, the sceptre and the Nina's Heart, but that's it. There is also a book case just outside the throne room that looks like it should open, but I can't find a trigger. A firm shove in the right direction would be apppreciated.

Skeptic Intruder

Check behind the throne.
    Also if you do have the sceptre, go back because you missed something in that area.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:55. Reason: added spoiler cover

Nightwalker

Thanks, Skeptic Intruder. I thought I did look behind the throne, but I guess not closely enough.
    There's something besides the Talisman and the sceptre in there? I'll go look.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:55. Reason: added spoiler cover

Skeptic Intruder

Oops nope there isn't, you said you didn't have the water talisman so that's why I said that.

Nightwalker

Actually, I didn't. It was one of those stupid re-load and forget to go back and get everything mistakes. I had it at one point! I can't believe I missed the trigger behind the throne! I'm trying to get into the tower now. The first time, I just walked in and killed all four of the black guys without taking any damage, but I got stuck in the doorway and so I had to do it all again. This time I can't kill them! Very frustrating. The note says there is "poison" in Hector's room, which I presume means the holy water mentioned in the note in Hector's room, but I didn't find any. Is it only there on easier difficulties? Anyway, thanks for the help and I'll have another whack at it later. If I don't go and do something besides play Thief, my husband'll divorce me.

Rommel

Hi guys

This is the best mission I've played in ages (well...since Calendra'a Cistern) but unfortunately I'm completely stuck at present. Is there a walkthrough or any tips posted anywhere?
    SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

I've got the Master's key and I've placed every Elemental key except fire. I can't find the fire key and I can't for the life of me find a way into the Western tower. Could someone point me in the right direction...preferably without spoiling TOO much. If you'd rather not post here then could you drop me a line?

Thanks,

Rommel
    sbarrett210@home.com

Nightwalker

On Expert, which is the only difficulty I've played so far, to find the Fire Talisman, explore the small Library very carefully. If you need more help, highlight here There is a note over the middle table. The item you need is on the shelves in this room.
    You can't find the tower key until after you've figured out what to do with the Talismans.

doaal

First of all I'd like to thank KOMAG for putting my FM up on his site, as well as Despot for putting it up at Thief Underground. Much appreciated

Nightwalker, please be careful not to give too much away 'll answer one of your questions though.

The black minions hate light, this is stated in Alexei's journal (the one that explains Garrett's assassination). It also explains what Zombor's dislike as well

------------------

My FM "The Mystery Man"
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:59. Reason: added spoiler cover

Sailor Thief

Help with the "Mystery Man"

Hey does anybody know where to find the water talisman and/or gain access to the western tower?

Rommel

Hi Nightwalker

If your're talking about the book of shadows I already got it... but I can't figure out any use for the damn thing ;<

Rommel
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 9th Mar 2013 at 13:17. Reason: added spoiler cover

Nightwalker

Sorry, Doaal, I didn't mean to ruin it for anyone. I sort of assumed with all the spoiler warnings already posted, that people who hadn't played it would not be reading this thread. I'll be more careful from now on. Thank you very much for the fantastic mission!

Rommel

D'OH!!

Just figured it out....

Excuse me while I go pound my head on the desk for a while ;>

Thanks,
    Rommel

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast