TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678131823 ... LastLast

Thread: My first FM "The Mystery Man" released! (26/03/2001)

Loanstar

Hmmm. Funny... I have never heard anything about this mission. No hype, No posts,

No briefing script.

Nothing.

It just seemed to come out of nowhere with out, ANY NOTICE at all. That's odd.

Ahhh.

Regardless, I'll give it a whirl when I get time.

Sailor Thief

Can somebody please answer my question!

Nightwalker

SPOILERS CONTAINED HERE

Highlight here for help:

Have you found the sceptre yet? It's in the same area. You can't get the key to the Tower until you have all the Talisman's and have figured out what to do with them.

If you haven't found the sceptre and need a push, highlight here:
    You need to find Alexis' gold plate. Read the notes and find out what he's been doing with it.

brother taffer

the way to get the water talisman....get the gold plate from alexei's treasure chest in his room. put it in the sink in the kitchen and the dining room table opens up.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:59. Reason: added spoiler cover

Sharga

Lol Rommel! Don't break the desk!

And I do say brother taffer, some good spoiler coverage there

Has anyone reached the end yet? BWAHAHAHAHA!
    Errm excuse me. If you do reach it don't spoil it for the other taffers, don't want to ruin a good ending.

YcatX

I'm on the expert level and I found the master's key, and got three of the runes, but I cannot find the last one, nor the gem.

I can't seem to find the book to open the library secret door...

(Drop book) one... I can bang on it with a sword and it make a noise that is how I know there is one there...

------------------
    YcatX
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 12:00. Reason: added

doaal

YcatX....

Check the small library near the dining room. Find the book called the song of shadows (somewhere in the library). Then read the notice on the wall.

------------------
    My Magic Items Demo (Thief 1)

My FM "The Mystery Man"
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 12:01. Reason: added spoiler cover

Rommel

Hmmmmm

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Has anyone here actually finished this level on expert? I've gotten up to the last step but the end boss is unbeatable! Is there some kind of trick or something?

Rommel

doaal

Rommel...

SPOILER ALERT!

SPOILER ALERT!

There are two hallways at the top that lead to a drop to the first floor, the ceiling there is wood and it's not very well lit. If you use rope arrows there you can easily evade him.

SPOILER ALERT!

SPOILER ALERT!

------------------

My FM "The Mystery Man"

Sailor Thief

I really liked that Fan Mission.There's just too many of those boring long corridor missions that have nothing but empty rooms.
    But I really like this level.It took me a little over 2 hours to beat this FM.

doaal

Have you all noticed that I use some forum names on some of my characters? (With permission of course! ) Lord Monb is Myoldnamebroke, and Lord Omag is Keeper of Metal and Gold heheh, they both have very "interesting" roles

------------------

My FM "The Mystery Man"

Rommel

Killed the bugger and tossed 'im into he pool ;>

Thanks,
    Rommel

jupiter

I am playing themission starting with Hard level..before proceeding to expert ..

Is it a bug .. I went into the kitchen by picking the lock..when I got in the servant with the key ran out..and I could not pick the lock from inside the kitchen ?

Secondly.. there are many treasure chest like the one in Alexi room.. I cannot pcik it at all.. it suppose to do that .. or I need a special key.. or its for the Expert level only..

Normally I played FM at Expert level at the first go
    This is the first one I play on Hard level ?

YcatX

Does it add the mission title to the gave information when you save the game?

Funny... I knocked out all the front guards looking for a objects in all the wrong places...

------------------
    YcatX

TLuk

I want to play this FM, but it seeme only for TDP. I have thiefG and it will not run the miss15.mis because the mission 15 is reserved by OM. Is there alternative way to play this FM by re-optimizing and saving as miss19.mis. But how and what should I modify the existing structure in order to get all things work correctly?. --Thanks

Nightwalker

TLuck, are you sure you have it in the Thief gold folder for Darkloader and not Thief 2. I have Thief Gold and it runs just fine. I've played it twice already.

Jupiter - The treasure chest in Alexi's room is not pickable. There is a key that will open it.

TLuk

Nightwalker: Yes, I sure its in the thiefG\mission folder and I loaded it by darkload v3.07. Sounds strange it did not work for me. Everytime I load it the game will popup with the one in OMs other than Mistery Man.

Sahil Fakih

Help!!!

Hello to brother taffers......
    Fellows, who've been playing 'Mystery Man', I have been able to conquer almost all the aims in the mission. However, I am now. Its been a great journey but only until this far. I am stuck before a painting in a room right on top (the room that opens into the fire place). The painting in question highlight just fine but I can't seem to manipulate the painting using any of the tool that I have. Your help would be really appreciated

Thanks
    Sahil

doaal

Spoilers....

SPOILERS!

When you right click on the painting that highlights, turn around and look at what's above the desk...

SPOILERS!

SPOILERS BEHIND!

------------------

My FM "The Mystery Man"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GBM sez:

Whassamatta for you, doaal? You don't read? IRON FIST means exactly that.

And don't think I'm going to edit everyone's posts... I'm allowing a short grace period for now, after which I will just unceremoniously delete posts that don't follow the rules.

[This message has been edited by Gingerbread Man (edited March 30, 2001).]
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:31. Reason: updated spoiler cover

Wynne

I finished this mission on expert when I beta-tested. I must say, it was beautifully done; I personally didn't come across a single bug to speak of. But, yeah, that guy at the end was pretty hard to kill! I had to reload plenty of times. You just have to use your head; strategize.

If you're reading this and you haven't played Mystery Man yet... what the heck is wrong with you? Go download it right now! It'll twist your head. There are lots of cleverly hidden switches and such.

[This message has been edited by Wynne (edited March 30, 2001).]

Kyra

I'm not having much luck with this mission

It's too dark, so I have to turn up the lighting, then everything turns green.

I've found some gold and silver nuggets in the hedges but when I pick them up it crashes out of the game.

Anyone else experienced these bugs? Anyway to fix 'em?

doaal

Woah, those are some weird bugs. What are your system specifications? Do you have Thief Gold or TPD?

------------------

My FM "The Mystery Man"

Kyra

I reinstalled T:TDP since the mission didn't say it was compatible with TG (which I also have). I'm using the latest version of Darkloader.

doaal

Did you patch it to version 1.33?

------------------

My FM "The Mystery Man"

Kyra

Aha! I bet that's it. I didn't patch it.

I uninstalled it and installed TG. Took a test run and the gold was picked up no problem. Still a tad dark.

Look forward to playin' it.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678131823 ... LastLast